Dr. Jonathan Altschuler MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

December 1st, 2016
Probably one of the worst run offices I have witnessed. Long waits on the phone, little respect from office staff, and Dr Altschuler was rude and unprofessional to my husband on the phone. We will never go back again

December 31st, 2014
if you like not being listened to while being treated like a hypochondriac
Altschuler seemed focused on entertaining his intern and essentially mocking me for having come in to see him. The limited attention he gave to me for the $300+ first timer visit was to ask me the nature of the problem and then only listen enough to choose details which he attempted to debunk as if they could not have happened. After experiencing scary heart issues, this was frankly shocking to experience "care" at the hands of someone with such a lack of care and such an awful manner. You couldn't pay me to go back.

December 6th, 2011
Never met surgeon
My initial appointment was with a cardiologist with the practice of Cariology Associates. This cardiologist recomended the placement of a stent, to be performed by Dr. Altschuler.Prior to surgery, and post surgery, when I was in the hospital for 24 hours, I never met Dr. Altschuler. In a follow up visit to Cardiology Associates, I still never met the surgeon. My own cardiologist who scheduled the surgery, was a bit confused in the whole process.I assume the operation was a success, I certainly feel better. But I'm moving away from Cardiology Associates. This is a HIGH VOLUME practice, and you will feel like your on an assembly line.

November 11th, 2009
You Better Not Get Sick !
If something goes wrong during a procedure, expect to be completely ignored by Dr. Altschuler. He likes doing the easy things that bring in the insurance dollars, like routine stress tests and cardiograms, but is not even interested in _investigating_ problems, particularly if HE may have been responsible. I woke up from a procedure with gross unexpected complications and was pointedly ignored by Dr. Altshuler, who suddenly had no time to see me. I finally had to go to Johns Hopkins to get prope"r care & they slammed his lack of action. Did I mention he isn't a board certified cardiologist? Funny what you find out when things don't go smoothly...

May 10th, 2017