Overall Review

August 26th, 2016
He is the best!
He is a wonderful doctor and the best in the field.

June 29th, 2016
In my 29 years in New York I have yet to meet as warm, caring and knowledgeable a physician as Dr. Aviv. He could write the book on the best bedside manner. Further, the way he engaged with me and my extended family, often going way beyond what was expected, was something to behold. I have recommended Dr Aviv far and wide because he takes the time, he cares, he brings innovation to the field and then into his office to share with those he takes care of. Thank you Dr Aviv.

June 28th, 2016
After reading all of Dr Avivs reviews , I thought that I was in for a great experience . I'm sorry to say that I was extremely disappointed . Dr Aviv was extremely condescending , arrogant , and rude. He has absolutely no bedside manner . He was insolent and left me stunned . It was the worst visit that I have ever experienced with any doctor in my life. I would definitely not recommend him as a professional physician to anyone in need of help and care .

May 26th, 2016
Would definitely recommend
Extremely pleasant, friendly staff and short wait time, I would definitely recommend

May 2nd, 2016
A pleasant change from the "usual"
I went to see Dr. Aviv a few months ago and discovered that there are indeed still doctors who sit and talk to you without having you feel like you're wasting their time, doctors who actually read their e-mails and respond quickly, doctors who, after reading an email, pick up the phone to call you...you need more meds or you simply need reassuring. Dr. Aviv is such a doctor. I had come to lament the medical profession with nothing but negative experiences. Thank you, Dr. Aviv, for giving me some hope that someone might actually care!

April 2nd, 2015
not reliable, caring or respectful
was disappointed in this doctor. got nothing out of the visit other than his card urging me to buy his book

January 30th, 2015
Dr.
I found Dr. Aviv very pleasant, concerned and very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this doctor

July 16th, 2013
Dr. Aviv is highly professional, caring, and competent. He took his time listening to my concerns and answering all my questions. He also evaluated the test results that I had brought with me from other doctors, and provided me with a strong referral that was very helpful to me. He is known for FEESST, a testing technology he invented which evaluates swallowing and other throat functions. He ran this procedure, and diagnosed my problem right away. I am very impressed and happy to have found him.

July 15th, 2013
A Brilliant and Courteous Doctor
If you have complex or unusual ENT symtoms, you may want to see Jonathan Aviv, MD. Dr. Aviv is both a first-rate doctor and a medical researcher whose thoroughness and expertise far exceeds any ENT clinician I have met. Dr. Aviv diagnosed the causes of a chronic cough I've had for 25 years. He explained the reasons for my symptoms, showed me documentation of this rare ailment in a medical journal, outlined a complex but do-able treatment plan, emailed several other top-rated physicians on my behalf, and sent prescriptions to my pharmacy - all in less than forty minutes. I am also grateful to the cheerful and efficient staff at ENT and Allergy Associates, and impressed by the state-of-the-art facilities there.

June 18th, 2013
The Real Deal
I had been struggling with coughing attacks for over 5 years. I had visited numerous doctors, including ENTs, Allergists and others, trying to determine what was causing my cough. I was told that Dr. Aviv was one of the top doctors in his field in the country - He did not disappoint. Within 20 minutes of discussing my situation and running a battery of tests he was able to do what no other doctor in 5 years had been able to do, he pinpointed the cause of my coughing and set me on a course to treat it. My only regret is that I didn't go see him earlier.

April 18th, 2013
SAVED FROM A LIFE OF PAIN
In 1999 I began feeling a great deal of pain in my throat. I visited five otolaryngologists over a period of about six years. The pain continued to be severe. To the point of being sent to a doctor specializing in pain. I began with 3 pills everyday Over a period of three weeks I was up to seven pills a day. Nothing helped. In desperation I checked Connolly's "Best Doctors." The credentials and hospital association of Dr. Jonathan Aviv came to my attention. I took the first available appointment. After checking x-rays and etc he showed me a section of my throat that appeared to be two lips that should come together which did not. He arranged a procedure that took place at Columbia Hospital in which Dr. Aviv inserted a needle in my neck injecting "something" (do not know what was used) into the "lip" in my throat that was narrower to inflate it so it could meet the other. The pain was gone almost instantly but I refused to believe it would not come back. I did not want to be disappointed. When I woke up the following morning and there was no pain I realized Dr. Aviv changed my life in a way you could never imagine. Over the years I have had other problems with my voice and swallowing which Dr. Aviv very successfully helped me. It is an amazing feeling of security when you completely trust your Doctor.

November 5th, 2012
great Doctor
An excellent Dr. with great knowledge in his field of ENT, vocal cord and swallowing. He is very careing toward his patients.