Dr. Jonathan Bellman MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Newport Beach, CA

July 29th, 2012
Finally found a good one!
Overall great experiences through the last few years with Dr Bellman! I am a complicated patient with many layers of issues. I am also someone who tolerates very few medications and/or side effects. He has been above and beyond helpful in finding the lowest dose, on fewest meds as possible. His follow up instructions and care are always so clear. Very patient, caring and a great listener. He could teach lessons to most MDs on bedside (chair side) manner. He has been irreplaceable in my care! Having working in the medical field my whole life, he one of the "Good Ones"!!!!!

March 15th, 2012
Pushed PillsAvoid
I saw this doctor several times. On my initial visit he prescribed drugs for me halfway through the first hour and sent me home with sample packs until I filled my prescription. He was constantly pushing me to take higher doses despite my protests that it was ineffective and disrupting my ability to function. Needless to say, after giving the process a chance I sought a second opinion.I found a much better Doctor. One that had an actual staff and colleges within the practice to confer with. The whole process was completely different and far more professional.Bottom line: In my experience this guy is useless and potentially harmful depending on the patient. Unless you just want pills and no hassle getting them.

December 31st, 2010
Very good with addiction and dual diagnosis.

January 20th, 2009
Wonderful!
Best experience ever with a psychiatrist. Pleasant and wise. Highly recommend him.

January 12th, 2008
He Dares...
A doctor that apparently has Oppositional-Defiant disorder, and treats his female patients as if they were his mother. He is Passive-Aggressive enough to make a good first impression, but will soon be found out to be an angry, hostile, and bitter man- who raises his voice at patients. It is difficult to induce him to alter the medications he has prescribed; even when the side effects are severe, he prefers to believe that the patient is exaggerating the side effects- or indeed, is lying about the side effects the medications cause. He tends to be co-dependent on his patients; moreover, if his lack of boundaries causes offense, or his premature expectations of trust and affection are rebuffed, he behaves as though his patients were his estranged wife, who is divorcing him on the grounds of mental cruelty- and he refuses to accept the divorce.