A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Merritt Bern:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Merritt Bern is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Bern
GERD Patient Education Learn all about GERD or gastroesopageal reflux disease with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Bern Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Merritt Bern, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Bern graduated from University of Miami . He has 3 awards.
Dr. Bern has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Lewis-Gale Medical Center
- Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Merritt Jonathan Bern MD is a male Internist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Merritt J. Bern practice?
- Dr. Merritt Bern has 4 office locations.
Dr. Merritt Bern practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Roanoke, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Salem, VA.
See Roanoke Internists and Roanoke Gastroenterologists.