Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Miracle Worker show details Miracle Worker
by Michael on Feb 8th, 2013

If you are in desperate need of a psychiatrist who can save your loved one of their illness then you must contact Dr. Bloomberg. My son child was on the brink of self-destruction and we had used and left every psychiatrist recommended to my husband and I until thank God we were recommended Dr. Bloomberg. The treatment and care he provided for my child was so effective and that it's brightened up every member of my household's life. I owe my life to this man for the wonders he has done for my son.

by Jennifer on Oct 8th, 2010

Dr. Bloomberg completely changed my life. I suffered with anxiety and depression all throughout high school and my parents sent me to multiple Psychiatrists. Dr Bloomberg started me with medication and did not give up. He told me there is no magic pill, but we will keep trying until something works. He always responded to my phone calls no matter how late and sent me to the right therapists. I am now attending my first year Stanford University in California and my only regret is that I will not be able to find another doctor in California as good and compassionate as Dr. Bloomberg

Aug 11th, 2010

This doctor was recommended to me from a therapist. This doctor was terrible. He was arrrogant, rude, not-understanding, and did not give me the right medication. I was 26 yearsold at the time and was treated like a 15 yearold. Never going back.

Stole Years of My Life show details Stole Years of My Life
Aug 7th, 2010

Though I never had trouble getting an appointment, and the doctor was always accessible - I lost years of my young adult life under the care of Dr. Bloomberg. I do not know if my story is common amongst his other patients, but for the three and a half years I employed the doctor, I lived a nightmare that few people should experience. After only one, forty-five minute visit, Dr. Bloomberg diagnosed me with Bipolar Disorder. Though it is probably my own fault for not seeking a second opinion, I completely believed him, and allowed him to put me on medication immediately. He spent no time getting to know me as a person, learning about my past, or asking me probing personal questions - instead, he presented me with a generic list of possible psychological symptoms, and, after identifying the few that I was experiencing, he made a solid conclusion that it must be Bipolar Disorder. I trusted him implicitly, and after years of taking an increasing dosage of the medication he prescribed, my symptoms worsened to the point of debilitation. I finally sought the council of a more reputable psychiatrist when things got out of control, and after months of intense work with him, he realized that I was not biologically ill at all, and that the majority of my symptoms were caused by the medication. I have since been removed from all psychiatric drugs, and am much better for it. I feel, after working with Dr. Bloomberg, that he thinks the answer to every problem is medication. He is a pill pusher in the worst sense of the word. Please seek a second opinion if you end up using his services, because I don't want to see anyone go through what I did.

This is the guy you HAVE to see show details This is the guy you HAVE to see
Jun 27th, 2010

He's such a great guy hes done wonders for kids all over!

Aug 4th, 2009

very classy and professional Residency at Harvard rated best child psychiatrist in midwest region must meet this man