Cardiologist (heart)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Searching for an Old Friend  |  show details
by Cynthia Perkins Laird ("Cindy Perkins") claird7283@gmail.com on Jul 6th, 2009

Let's start at the beginning I had a heart attack in November of 2001 - they immediately placed 4 stents into my arteries. A week later I had another angiogram and the doctor performed angioplasty and put in another stent.In April of 2002 I had a nuclear heart study, angiogram, angioplasty and radioactive (brachy) therapy. Scar tissue was found inside the four original stents. Two months later I had a Thallium study which clearly showed blockage of the LAD. A week later I had another angiogram and the doctors decided that stenting wasn't going to do it so I had that delightful experience - a double bypass.Ever since then, I have been trying to find you to discuss the procedure with you and to ask what some of the ramifications of the surgery I already had would have on any future surgery I might need. The surgeon said this will probably last 5-10 years; I'm past 5 and headed right for 10. What do I need to watch out for if we do this a second time? Are there any special risks I should be aware of?Any information or guidance will be greatly appreciated.