Overall Review

May 2nd, 2016
I THINK HE IS A GREAT DOCTOR, GREAT STAFF!!

January 30th, 2016
We have three children. They all like Dr Collins. No issues with his "Old School" approach.

September 18th, 2011
GREAT DOCTOR
My son has seen Dr.Collins since birth. He loves Dr. Collins. He has never treated me or my son with anything but the best bedside manner and great medical care. My son had horrible allergies and earaches and I had never had problems like this with my other two children. He was quick to treat him with exactly the right antibiotic and when he thought he needed them sent us to a specialist to get tubes. He is very attentive and always remembers what sport he plays, what postion and always teases with him. It is never comfortable for a patient to have a strep test done but I know when he does it I will get an accurate result. There have been times when I thought he needed an antibiotic and he explained to me why a virus cannot be treated with them and was exactly right. We have the utmost respect for him and his staff. They are very good to us and never treat us like we are a bother or stupid. My last visit was for a wellness checkup and Dr. Collins listened to every concern and addressed them. We are very satisfied with Dr. Collins and we trust him with our son's healthcare.

July 10th, 2011
He's great with both our children (6 years and 18 months old) he's to the point and straight forward. Both have to be seen by other doctors at MCG for different health issues and both doctors thought very highly of Dr. Collins and southside pediatrics. Yesterday my 18 month old was running a high fever and they worked him right in, we barely waited 10 mins. We like Dr.Collins and think his bedside manner is fine, and having to deal with serious issues with both children, at the time he showed us care and concern, we love all the staff at Southside pediatrics.

June 4th, 2011
Thinks he's right up there with God, I guess...
TERRIBLE BEDSIDE MANNER! Acts like us being there is taking up his valuable time. Way too Cocky! Always giving flipant answers, as if we should already know the answers to our medical questions. Will keep you coming back time after time for the same thing, without ever prescribing any medication.After several months of this, I started asking for a referral to a specialist. He kept saying no and acting as if I was being ridiculas. After several more months and being so stressed out because our baby had been sick since birth, I got very angry and insisted on that referral. I got it, but he acted like he was mad about it. Turns out, our child needed an outpatient surgical procedure. Had it done, and no more sick baby. Only took a year!

May 18th, 2011
Great Doctor
Dr. Collins is exceptional in all areas. In regards to what many say about his "bedside manner", I completely disagree. I want a doctor to be up front and to the point when it comes to my children, afterall, I wouldn't be at the doctors office with my child if I didn't need medical attention and/or well checkups to make sure everything is ok. Doctors don't have time to be best friends with every parent, they are there to be a doctor. I appreciate the feedback he provides and because I treat him with respect he does the same for me. My kids love him. He always recognizes us in public and remember my childrens names. I've never had a problem with him, nor do I anticipate one...he knows his business, and that is kids!

April 12th, 2011
My kids hate his bedside manner!
I'm not questioning Dr. Collins's training, but he obviously comes from the old-school belief that the doctor makes all of the decisions. He does not seem to want to discuss anything with me as we decide what the best course of action would be. That drives me crazy, but what bothers me the most is the fact that HE HURTS MY CHILDREN WHEN THEY ARE SICK!!! He will shove a swab down their throats to test for strep,etc, or jam the darn ear thermometer in so deep when they already have an ear ache. He is also rough with the flipping them around and pushing them down to test their abdomen. He has also never warned one of my kids that he was about to inspect their private parts. It would be very easy to respectfully, in a calm tone, explain what he is doing as he goes along with his exams.They comment about the doctors not switching patients within the practice is true. I switched to him from Dr. Painter years ago because Dr. Painter moved. I wish I had researched the other group doctors better at that time. I hear wonderful things about Dr. Luther and Dr. Tiffany.My recommendation - Be prepared to stand up for your children's rights and protect them - mine bawl and cry half the time. There are few other options for other local pediatrician groups!

October 23rd, 2009
Horrible with my kids
First visit with him went OK. Followup visit was a different story. Dr. Collins was aggressive TOWARD my 5 and 9 year old girls! Made me and my girls very uncomfortable. Was impatient and dismissive with my questions and concerns. Never seen such a poor bedside manner. He should be ashamed of himself. Best rec: steer clear.