Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Life Saver show details Life Saver
by Bob Bracco on Aug 17th, 2016

Dr. Castro is truley unique in his approach to patient care. He takes the time to educate the patient and encourages life changes that help to "cure" metabolic desease. Highly reccomend Dr. Castro. He literally saved my life.

Excellent doctor! show details Excellent doctor!
by NL on Oct 13th, 2015

After my consultation with Dr. Castro today, I feel compelled to write a review. Anyone looking for an excellent endocrinologist, look no further. His office staff is friendly & helpful. They had all of my info & lab results in the system for review prior to my visit. Dr. Castro was knowledgeable, took the time to review everything with me & genuinely cared about how i've been feeling & how to correct the problem. He has a great bed-side manner & did not rush me through the appointment. I feel confident with this assessment & with moving forward in his care. Thank you Dr. Castro & staff!

by George Nakano on Aug 18th, 2015

Excellent endocrinologist, Explains thoroughly what blood tests means and why he is prescribing drugs. Excellent bedside manners.

warm and caring show details warm and caring
by Liz D on Feb 7th, 2014

I find Dr. Castro a very warm and caring Doctor. he explains things at my level, so I can understand it. Any questions are ok for him and he takes his time answering everything and explaining. Quite a breath of fresh air in this world of hmo's and managed care.

Aug 14th, 2012

I found Dr. Castro to be very knowledgable in type 1 diabetes management. I highly recommend him to those seeking a new doctor for better diabetes care.

Great Doctor!!! show details Great Doctor!!!
Mar 27th, 2012

I feel that Dr. Castro is an amazing doctor, that listens to his patients and spends quality time with them. On my first visit, he spent an hour with me, just review all the previous blood work and had done and he took the time to explain what each part meant. I am very happy to have found him :)

One of the worst show details One of the worst
Mar 9th, 2012

Horrible bed-side manner. Extremely arrogant and one who insults the intelligence. He had erroneous information and was insistent about it being correct. He does not give the patient credit for knowing their own body. Defensive. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. This physician belongs in the laboratory away from patients. To justify his fee, he keeps the patient longer in the examination room unnecessarily. He does not give the patient credit for having a modicum of common sense or the ability to know that something is amiss in their system. This is a doctor who arrogantly believes he absolutely knows everything and the patient knows nothing.