Dr. Jonathan Charney Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Charney?

Excellent diagnostician and knowledgeable

Posted on May 13th, 2016

I was very pleased by the manner in which I was greeted by the office staff and how comfortable I was made in the office. In addition to being an excellent doctor, Dr. Charney is insightful, intelligent, has a pleasant manner and made me comfortale as his patient. The follow-up tests he ordered identified the source of my problem and he set up a plan to address my issues. I am very confident in his ability as a neurologist ad give him my highest recommendation.

this "doctor" is an animal

Posted on March 14th, 2012

i saw dr. charney today. not only are his staff the most offensive, ignorant, obstructive, rude, intentionally stupid and uncooperative as well as totally disrespectful animals i have ever encountered - it gets worse - they were annoyed that they had to get me precertification asap as i may have had a stroke and said they could not do it today - quick thinking, no?when i waited to bring this to dr. charney's attention - i realized all of this disgusting conduct was coming from the head of the snake.i believe i have had a mini stroke and am still suffering from a concussion - indeed, dr. charney, himself, saw my right side buckle as he was standing beside me.what he considers humor (i was relating a horrific experience i had at Mt. Sinai hospital in nyc - his hospital - i almost lost my foot there due to staph, strep, cellulitis and i now have a permanently compromised auto-immune system - dr. charney's response "Well, dont say Mt. Sinai never gave you anything" if that is humor what is cancer to him - a party????he defended the animals working for him and i asked him if it was protocol to treat patients disrespectfully and for him to behave as though he were a god - he told me he did not like the way i was speaking to him - i walked out.for what medical care costs these days and the fact that he intentionally was obstructive in light of his actually seeing my right side dysfunction i do not believe i nor my insurance company or my bank account need to augment his lack of self esteem and professional ethics and conduct.he is a total fool.later this afternoon i recanted to my husband what occurred and as i am suffering some amnesia from the concussion he told me he had taken me to dr. charney some years ago wherein his behavior was equally obnoxious and callous and that my husband (a very mild man) wanted to press charges.stay away unless you are accustomed to abuse, oblivious to it or think it is your due as you are seeing a Doctor/God.

One of the BEST neurologist in NYC!

Posted on March 12th, 2012

Best Neurologist in NYC

Posted on December 7th, 2011

Dr. Charney is a wonderful physician. I had incurable migraines that made it difficult for me to live a regular life. Dr. Charney was the only doctor to figure out what was going on and make me better. He is extremely intelligent and thoughtful. Yes his staff is rude, but who cares when really you are there to see the best professional in the city. I'd rather have the best doctor and horrible staff, than a great receptionist and some quack. I mean he's NY Mags top Neurologist for the past 15 years. NY Mag doesn't rate staff, nor should we.

Bad

Posted on October 25th, 2011

Posted on October 25th, 2011

I think Doctor charney is the most caringand one of the best doctor's I've ever come across. He takes his time and explains all the test results without me ever feeling rushed in any way.I find him to be #1 and I would recommend him to anyone.He's the only doctor that cured my seizure's, and trust me I've been to so many doctor's and no-one could even give me the right medication's.He's the best.

great doctor

Posted on August 30th, 2011

he spends time with you and is interested and caring about your problems.

Heartless

Posted on August 20th, 2011

Dr. Charney is a good neurologist but his manner is heartless and emotionless. When dealing with people who could have fatal illnesses, this man needs some compassion. Think about your words carefully next time, Dr. Charney. You leave lasting impressions on people.

First Impression

Posted on August 1st, 2011

I called the doctors office to make an appointment and I was taken by surprise by how unprofessional the representative is. So much attitude in her voice!!!!!!!!!!.This doctor was highly recomended by my primary doctor but I seriously do not think i will keep my appointment. If you are sick the last thing you want is to deal with a persons nasty attitude.

Posted on June 27th, 2011

A wonderful, expert, caring doctor!

Nightmare Staff

Posted on June 11th, 2010

Great doctor with an inexplicably rude and incompetent staff. They screw up arrangements for tests and NEVER get the billing right. Re: billing they charge me at visit time, then get ins co reimbursement as well. I don't think that the doctor needs a $100+ loan from me every time I visit. It takes 6+ months to resolve and get me a refund. I was there for a test once when the dr was away - UNBELIVEABLY unprofessional: loud, profane, rude and did little, if any, work during the 30 minute wait. Mostly they were showing each other how to use social networking sites.

Fine Physician, HORRIBLE OFFICE

Posted on March 18th, 2010

Dr. Charney is a fine doctor but his office is a chaotic mess. The staff is incredibly rude and unprofessional. I have waited over 90 minutes in his waiting room. They routinely book several people in the same time slot. The doctor himself is charming and knowledgeable, if he had a well run office he would get four stars. He is, however, hampered by an inexplicably hostile, disorganized staff and half the time he never even gets to see the scans, tests, workups he orders. It's a shame. I think Dr. Charney is a fine physician but his office makes it impossible for him to be a great doctor. The place is a nightmare.