Dr. Jonathan Cohen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Cohen?

November 14th, 2016

If you're looking for a surgeon who is crude, anything but a gentleman, doesn't care about the emotions of the patient, and verbally abusive any time he gets a chance - to the patient or the family members - then Dr. Cohen is the surgeon for you. The surgery he performed on my mother lasted less than a month and we were made to feel less than dirt by him.

March 20th, 2013

Colon Rupture

Dr. Cohen was calm under pressure. My mom's colon ruptured and she became septic. Very quickly she slipped into a 10 day coma. Throughout months long experience, Dr. Cohen was easy to speak with, he was patient with all of our question. Never did Dr. Cohen present his ego or ever became "short" with us as many surgeon's have been known to do. I really feel lucky and blessed Dr Cohen was "on-call" that night at the ER. One night in the ER and a year long relationship. My mom just had her "reversal" and is healing nicely. Thank you Dr. Cohen.

August 8th, 2012

Second Surgery with Dr. Cohen

Dr. Cohen is a very thorough and compassionate Dr. Acts like he cares about his patient's well being. Nurses in the office are courteous but the reception desk needs some help. I would recommend Dr. Cohen to anyone that needed surgery. My gallbladder surgery and hernia repair went smoothly with no glitches and I healed well in both cases.

May 2nd, 2012

Excellent MD

Dr. Cohen is fabulous!

November 17th, 2010

Great surgeon

I had never met Dr. Jonathan Cohen prior to my emergency surgery last October. I would not want another surgeon. His work was excellent, his level of care was very high, his explanation of the medical issues and what to do after surgery were great. The only surgeon I have ever had, and I could not have been more fortunate and blessed to have gotten him.

November 3rd, 2010

Dr Cohen is the best doctor that I have encountered, anywhere.And that doesn't only include my opinion of his operating room skills.

June 15th, 2010

My husband was hospitalized for a urinary tract infection in December. Because of a compromised immune system, he developed c.diff. and had to have emergency surgery by Dr. Cohen. The surgery went fine, but there was unexplained loss of blood, and after several hours, Dr. Cohen made the decision to do surgery again and removed the spleen. It was touch and go, but Dr. Cohen kept me informed of what was going on throughout my husband's lengthy hospital stay. Even when my husband was moved to a pulmonary rehab hospital at Baptist, Dr. Cohen kept visiting my husband and checking on him. I found Dr. Cohen to be an excellent doctor, someone I would highly recommend to anyone needing surgery. He was very personable and patient in explaining everything that was going on. Although my husband ultimately did not make it through his four month ordeal, I believe he got the best care he could possibly get from Dr. Cohen and the other physicians on his team, and I am grateful for the wonderful efforts they made.

April 1st, 2010

Awesome Doctor

In my case the internist, and 3 radiologists were uncertain of the diagnosis and did not recommend surgery, Dr. Cohen based on his clinical expertise insisted on it and he was absolutely right. If we had waited longer damage might have been extensive. He listened to me and what I was feeling and I will forever be thankful to him. He was also very kind on showing my wife how to take care of my wound at home. If I ever needed a surgeon again (I hope not) I would definitely call him.

April 1st, 2010

Staff put me at immediate ease, even prior to my appointment. Very friendly and courteous. Dr Cohen spent lots of time with me and explained everything well. He worked with my difficult scheduling needs and treated me like I wanted to be treated. My surgery went very well and so did my follow up visits. I am forever grateful and would reccomend him to any of my family members.

November 14th, 2016