Overall Review

2.7

June 22nd, 2016
Dr Cook is the best family Dr. .he has the best staff and they answer any questions you have with the best of manners. Can't say enough about Dr Cook and his staff.

November 3rd, 2015
First and LAST visit!!!!!
Please read every review and listen to them. Wish I had read them before I went to him. Do not go to this doctor.

October 24th, 2013
Not qualified to be a doctor.
This is such a rude person. I agree with the previous post. I am amazed that he has patients. He should have his license revoked. I would not recommend.

July 12th, 2013
My Husband and I have been seeing Dr. Cook for three years. We have had both good and bad visits. Occasionally he is nice and other times not so much. He typically keeps his back turned once he is in the room with you and tends to tap his feet a lot like he is impatient and can't wait to leave. This becomes more apparent when you ask questions about his diagnosis or prescription decisions etc. His nursing and office staff has changed a dozen times over the last three years. He seems very abrupt and short tempered with his entire staff; we've witnessed him screaming at them several times. (no wonder they all leave...) The one positive: doesn't sugar coat things which both my husband and I appreciate. The negative: once he makes a decision about you or your health there is no changing his opinion, even if your health changes. The billing at the office is also a hassle. They miss bill the insurance and then try to later re bill the patient. Needles to say, we are in the market for a new PCP.

June 24th, 2013
Horrible
Dr. Cook is a horrible human being and doctor. He will tell you that you can only see him for one thing and have to make an appointment if you have something else wrong with you. He is so rude and he keeps his back to you the whole time you are in the exam room , typing on his computer, stomping his feet. His own staff talks horribly about him behind his back, which is horrible. While the staff is working you up and getting you ready for him, they are degrading him something awful. This doctor should not even be able to see patients, he puts you on all kinds of medicine and then he does not do the proper follow up and lord forbid if you go to another doctor ( if he is out of town) and you go back to him to follow up, he will tell you he will not get involved, yet he was out of town when you needed care from a physician. He never makes eye contact with you, he just taps on his computer, he never takes the time to exam you. He claims he is a Christian, what a joke. Don't go to him you will be SORRY!!!!

April 15th, 2013
This man is horrible! He should not be a doctor! When I left his office, I felt absolutely terrible about myself due to his rudeness and uncompassionate response to my maladies. He was actually mean! How do people like this stay in business?!! Christian? Really?!!! This man is one of the most unchristian-like people I've ever met! How he can profess to be any semblance to godly is beyond me!

December 4th, 2011
Excellent Physician with caring heart
I was referred to Dr. Cook for an initial diagnoses and treatment for injuries sustained in a bike accident after moving to Athens. He was excellent, administered follow up treatment following what had been done at Athens Regional's emergency Dept. I just had my annual physical. Dr. Cook administered the most thorough comprehensive assessment I have ever had!His office staff and nurse were just as caring and concerned with my well being as Dr. Cook.

May 6th, 2010
Dr. Cook is a excellent physician
My experience with Dr. Cook has been good over the past 4yrs. He is always attentive to me and my needs with my complex medical history. I recommend him to everyone when ask about a doctor. The people that have gone there have had similar experiences. He has always been willing to help the disadvantaged people i try to mentor and not expect anything from them in return. I think a lot of Dr. Cook and i don't give that praise often or easily.

January 28th, 2010
Dr Cook and staff have always been very courtious even when we have had to walk-in without an appointment.

November 13th, 2008
I think he is a bit to quick in prescribing anti-depressants, and especially ones with known and significant side-effects. One thing that I find particularly disturbing is his career manifesto (see his web page) - I would rather have him spend a patient-centered work day as opposed to "God-centered workday". "God is the one in control" - the last thing I want is his imaginary friend to be in control of my health. I am kind of disappointed in his superstitious leanings - he is supposed to be a scientist after all.

November 6th, 2008
I agree with the first opinion, his mood is very unpredictable (some days friendly and talkative & others NOT). He does not seem to really care about me as a person and spends most of the appointment time with his back to you while using the computer. One time I asked him if he thought a certain anti depressant would work for me and he simply said, "I don't know" and that was it. I'm sure he is competent, but I always felt that he was somehow judgmental and rude.

July 7th, 2008
Worst Doctor I have ever seen
I saw this doctor when he was practicing in North Little Rock. One day you see him, he could be friendly, another day very moody. Surprises me to see him write up about how he feels about God. Glad to see he has changed, if he really has. I complained to him about my symptoms and he told me he did not care and dismissed me as though I were faking it. I have since been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and found that I have had most of the symptoms since I saw him regularly in North Little Rock. Thanks so much Dr. Cook, I hope you have a little more compassion for your current patients and that you have learned a little bit more humility and patience. I have been searching the Internet for years trying to find him and could not believe I found him today. I did write a letter to my insurance company, the clinic, and the Chief of Staff of Baptist Health with my concerns. Just wanted others to know the type of guy he really is.