Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 3rd, 2016

Though running late, Dr. Sherman was thorough in explaining my condition. I was very impressed.

Nov 4th, 2015

Be very careful when choosing a neurosurgeon. Research the doctor. Research their infection rate. Ask pointed questions. Don’t be afraid to have your own opinions when talking with them. Ask them how quickly you should start feeling positive progression after the surgery. Ask how accessible they will be after the surgery. Get the answers in writing. Get a phone number before surgery that someone with compassion answers—a contact point for you if you are having problems. Ask what the policies are in the hospital regarding if, when, and where the surgeon will visit you post-operatively. Most importantly, have a plan in place for just in case everything goes wrong, the surgeon becomes inaccessible post-operatively, and all of a sudden your single surgery turns into four.

Nov 3rd, 2015

I wouldn't see him if he was the last Dr on earth

by Jackie Woodby on Oct 3rd, 2015

I had a broken back from a motorcycle accident... I layed in a bed at mission hospital for 1 week awaiting the special equipment needed to do a, new ,at the time, spinal fusion... I walked out of the hospital, the following day... In pain of course, buy I was back to work in approximately 8 weeks.. Back surgery has come a long way, you would never suspect that I had a broken back and a fused spine. I'm still very limber and flexible...

Jul 16th, 2015

Believe should have read reviews; however, this doctor was incredibly, not read or interested in reading add'l info & radiology reports on disc that I had in hand. He seemed to determined to look at one thing; believing no further info that patient stated -- so w/o looking and/or listening or reviewing; & his outlook seeming if he wasn't 100% sure of 100% outcome he didn't want any form of possible negative on his record -- it's just one enormous WOW. Good cheer & blessing who chose a different Surgeon, and bypass this 1st or 2nd opinion.

by Lynda Taylor on Jan 30th, 2015

Both my husband and I had back surgery by Dr. Sherman with excellent results.

Should Have Gone To Duke show details Should Have Gone To Duke
Jun 9th, 2012

Had ACDF with rods and screws. I am in more pain now. The work was sloppy. He's a hack.

DAVIDS MISERY show details DAVIDS MISERY
Jun 1st, 2011

wHEN I SAW dR sHERMAN FIRST TIME I WAS WALKING AND DOING SOME ACTIVITY, NOW AFTER TWO MAJOR BACK SURGERIES I AM NOW TOTALLY DISABLED WITH RATING OF 72% DISABILITY DAILY PAIN AND MISERY SURGY WAS A TOTAL FAILURE AND I WILL LIVE WITH THIS THE REST OF MY LIFESome ideas to get you started:-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

spinal fushions show details spinal fushions
Jan 29th, 2011

c1-t2 fushions with hardware. Multiple broken neck and very complicated surgery. Dr, Sherman put my neck back together.

Surgery show details Surgery
Sep 9th, 2010

Had surgery, now I have a constant pain in my lower back and numbness in my leg with continual uncontrollable muscle spasms. The Doctor canceled my 90 day, after surgery return visit, three times and then I was told by the office I had to pay again for another doctor appointment since the 90 day period had lapsed.

Pain Free at Last show details Pain Free at Last
by Sue B. on Feb 25th, 2010

I had a perfect surgical experience with Dr. Sherman. I had two rods and four screws to align my spine. I had severe pain for 10 years and am now completely pain free. The office staff is wonderful and the billing is exceptional. They got everything approved by my insurance before surgery. I have my one year follow up in May. I could not be more satisfied.