Dr. Jonathan Deland MD Patient Reviews

3.9

July 4th, 2016
Surgery Resulted In Pain In That I Didn't Previously Have
I will forever regret having Dr. Deland perform a fusion on my big toe. It did not result in totally eliminating the pain in that toe. WORSE - - because the surgery left my foot unbalanced resulting in the pressure of my step then going to the outer part of my foot (where there are smaller bones and joints), I have had pain in the outer part of the foot ever since Dr. Deland's surgery. All follow up visits during the following six plus months after surgery resulted in 2 - 3 hour waits in the waiting room, and when the soft cast was removed and I was in terrible pain, I couldn't get anybody to call me back for several days, and Dr. Deland himself did not speak with me. Still in pain 7 - 8 months after surgery, Deland dismissed me with the suggestion of getting foot orthotics.

April 18th, 2016
VERY COMPLEX OPERATION SEEM TO HAVE BEEN EXTREMLY WELL PREFORMED

May 6th, 2015
Dr.Jonathan Deland changed my life. I am a 67 year old construction company owner living in Kennett Square, PA, and was hardly able to walk. At 29, I had an ankle replacement after a debilitating fall. I’ve been in severe pain for years, had several procedures, and opted for a second replacement. After extensive research, I decided the best place for the replacement was Hospital for Special Surgery. Being a unique case, Dr. Deland went to great lengths to obtain my medical history as far back as 1977 when I had my first replacement. Obviously, he was well prepared. He consulted with other members of his team and explained any possible risks and complications. The focus at HSS is to manage your pain level and it was definitely accomplished. I was in HSS for five days and experienced little to no pain. His staff was very professional and extremely attentive. I have the deepest respect for Dr. Deland and praise his ability and dedication.

April 16th, 2015
I've been a patient of Dr Deland's for nearly 15 years, having undergone many surgeries. He is truly an amazing surgeon. He takes the time to listen at each visit, perform an exam, and review x-rays and scans with you. He does not rush into surgery and if surgery is done, he is there throughout the post-op course. He does see his patients in the hospital post-op which is a great thing. His office staff is just as amazing. Mardee, the office manager-surgical coordinator - is wonderful. There is nothing she can't help you with. She goes above and beyond to accommodate every patients needs and wants. She is kind, caring and compassionate --- a true gem! Kristine, Dr D's NP, is terrific. She too is there for all patients and will answer any questions, assist in any way she can and will ease any fears/concerns. The list of staff goes on -- Rosie is one of the kindest folks you will meet. She works wonders in having MRIs, CT, and surgery authorized. She too is kind, caring and compassionate. There's not enough space to continue on about the excellent care rendered by Dr Deland and his team! I would highly recommend Dr D to anyone with a foot/ankle problem. You will not be sorry.

January 19th, 2015
Cancelled My Appointment after a 3 Month Wait
I waited 3 months for an appointment and "Marty" called to cancel it the day before stating Dr Deland had an emergency. Needless to say, I was very upset so she squeezed me in for the same day but earlier. She told me to bring a book and be prepared to wait. She also said she had this conversation with me earlier but, we never spoke. I was at work so whomever she spoke with, it wasn't me. She was rude and sounded frazzled. No thank you! If that's the first experience, he can keep his fancy name. I'd rather stay closer to home, find a Dr. equally as good but one who is reliable and with a courteous staff.

January 8th, 2015
I am deeply indebted to Dr. Deland's in-depth orthopedic knowledge, diagnostic skills, surgical innovations and expertise for providing me the gift of continuing to be able to walk. I appreciate his clear and thorough explanations in response to all of my questions as well as his dedication and concern for his patients.

November 2nd, 2014
Ms.
I was recommend to Dr. Deland by a staff of mines , Ms.Constance Siebenhoven , I was so impressed on my first visit with Dr.Deland and his staff/ team that I booked my surgery after that visit. I am pleased with the outcome.

August 15th, 2013
Elegant surgery, compassionate doctor
Dr. Deland is an old-school doctor who has compassion for his patients and passion for his work. His office is super organized and on top of things ...he gives patients a print out describing the procedure so there are no surprises, which can happen with other surgeons! He is a top bunion surgeon with elegant surgical skills. And he has elegant taste in shoes! Even his socks are top notch.

April 20th, 2012
I walked around for several years in increasing pain, until there was a serious impact on my life and the things I liked to do. My husband researched the best orthopedist for ankle/foot issues, and I was able to get in to see Dr. Deland in a short period of time. In fact, from the time I first called to make an initial appointment to the time I was in surgery was just 2 weeks. Dr. Deland made a diagnosis on the spot after having had x-rays done in his office - incredibly convenient. He has his own technicians and they know exactly how to perform the x-rays to his requirements. He doesn't have much of a bedside manner, like many surgeons, but he has magical hands. My recovery went just as he predicted, and I made sure to follow every direction to the letter. His office staff is wonderful - although one of his physician assistants could have a better bedside manner!

January 24th, 2012
Don't waste your time or your money
Dr. Deland would be a good doctor if he took the time to listen to his patients and actually thought about what might be causing the problem. He seems to always be in a rush and has way too much going on at once. Don't waste your time or money.

January 4th, 2012
Dr. Deland is a wonderful orthopedic surgeon. He is incredibly thorough. My daughter went to him after suffering a sporting injury. He started with conservative treatment and didn't recommend surgery until it was a last resort. When it came time for surgery, he walked us through the entire process and made us all feel very comfortable. He's the best of the best. And I thoroughly agree with another post below, which says that some of the negative posts below are entirely unbelievable. Sounds like Vitals.com is allowing the same person to post over and over again. That's a shame.

January 3rd, 2012
Dr. Deland is a Genius!
I can't even explain how wonderful Dr. Deland is. I had a rather complicated injury and he was the ONLY orthopedic surgeon that I could trust to fully think through what might be causing my pain and how to fix it. And, the best part is, my scar is hardly noticeable!