Dr. Jonathan Ellant Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Ellant?

Diabetic Macular Edema

Diabetic Macular Edema

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Ellant?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 21st, 2017

Excellent surgeon

Dr. Ellant performed surgery to repair a detached retina and explained everything and performed the surgery. I had no pain during the procedure and follow up exams were very good. Highly recommended.

June 5th, 2017

Best Ophthalmologist in NYC

Dr. Ellant is not only excellent in his practice but have a heart of Gold. He is very caring, and takes time to listen to your concerns. I am very satisfied with my treatment and highly recommend him.

January 20th, 2017

Very Pleased with Dr. Ellant's expertise and approach

went to Dr. Ellant after numerous attempts with a different doctor to solve my dry eye issues. He appears to know a LOT! impressed with his effortless demeaonor

June 18th, 2015

Needs improvement

Unimpressed, office could be more sanitary.

January 23rd, 2015

This eye doc is too busy for new patients!

I booked my appointment a week in advance through ZocDoc and just before my appointment, "Rosie" calls me to cancel it because the doctor is "pretty booked" and if it is an emergency she can see what she can do. She did not even offer the opportunity to reschedule my appointment. This doctor apparently does not value new business and/or is greedy and overbooks his calendar. Luckily doctors are plentiful in NYC, find another one!

August 27th, 2012

I don't understand the high scores

I visited Dr. Ellant after a recommendation from a friend. I do not think the high ratings are justified. I had to wait 45 minutes for the doctor to see me. Once I was in his office he spent the most 10 minutes with me rushing me out for his next patient. He was not able to diagnose my problem with 100% accuracy and prescribed me some medication which his stuff forgot to submit to my pharmacy until the next day ( and even though they reassured me they would do it immediately following my appointment). He made sure however to try and convince me to have lasics, because according to him wearing glasses is not comfortable!I booked a new appointment for two weeks later (because Dr. Ellant wanted to see if I reacted to the medication) and one day before our appointment I got a call from his secretary that he had to cancel because he had to leave the office early. No professionalism and no courtesy. I am never going back again and I am taking my business somewhere where I feel more appreciated and treated with respect.

February 12th, 2009

Very unprofessional and discourteous

I booked a routine eye exam with Dr. Ellant as I haven't had my eyes checked in years. I called my insurance company ahead of time to make sure an eye exam performed by an ophthalmologist was covered and they confirmed that it was covered 100%. As is the case with all physicals, routine exams, etc, I was asked for medical history, so I told Dr. Ellant I have had migraines most of my life. He billed me for "treating" my migraines when he performed a routine exam and my insurance company now will not cover the appointment. I called Dr. Ellant and he was very rude, saying that he never performs routine exams even though that is what I booked with his receptionist. This doctor must care more about money than his patients. With the hundreds of doctors in the city, not worth seeing one that will rip you off.

August 22nd, 2017