Dr. Jonathan Fong Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Fong?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 31st, 2015

The best

We came in on an emergency, visiting from another state. Dr Fong is a wonderful and caring physician. He saved my husband's life. I am ever grateful for his kindness and care.

February 24th, 2014

An excellent cardiac surgeon...the very best.

It was a year on Valentine’s Day since Dr Fong performed my bypass redo surgery. I am doing amazingly well! I am fortunate to have a wife who loves to cook delicious, but heart healthy meals. I run/walk every morning before breakfast for 30 minutes. I jog 400 paces to get my heart rate up, next walk briskly for 200 paces, and then alternate running and walking for the remainder of the half hour. I try not to take any days off at all. The best part, of course, is I am able to do all this, at age 73, without the scourge of detestable angina. It seems that my arteries are working well and I am determined to keep them that way. Clearly, diet and exercise play key roles in ensuring this. I am pleased that Dr. Fong decided to pursue cardiac surgery rather than architecture or the cello. Beautiful buildings and melodic airs are best left to someone else. I believe that his intense concentration and his ability to ferret out every detail of my condition left nothing to chance. He spent a considerable amount of time with my wife and me, describing this frightening procedure that was looming over me, in minute detail, answering all the questions that we needed to ask. There is significant fear and anxiety associated with impending heart bypass surgery, but we both left his office wholly confident that I was in very good hands. I am delighted to report such good results a year after the fact. Expect to hear from me again a year from now…with any luck, all good news.

September 9th, 2013

Three months after having open heart surgery, I feel the best that I have felt in a year. Dr. Fong was a great doctor. I thank him for helping to get me strong again. Everyone at the Venice Ocala Heart Institute is great. Thank you.

May 14th, 2013

We will be forever be indebted to Dr. Fong for his amazing heart surgery. He and his staff were so comforting at a time when we were new to the area and very frightened. Thank you! We are eternally grateful and blessed to have found Dr. Fong!

July 11th, 2012

Dr. Fong is an amazing doctor with excellent skills and exceptional bedside manner. He truly looks at the patient and through the patient. He understands the patient and he makes sure they are comfortable with their decisions. He is the best and I highly reccomend him.

July 9th, 2012

Thank you!

I want to tell you how very grateful I am to you-and to the good lord, for saving my life. I was so happy to hear you say that you would pray with me and my family before my surgery. It was a great comfort to all of us.

June 3rd, 2012

Dr. Fong is a very kind person and seems to care about patient. However keeping appointment and schedule is difficut.

March 29th, 2012

The best

I want to thank Dr. Fong for providing exceptional care to my Dad. He was very comforted by your care and was impressed with your expertise and skills ...

March 20th, 2012

My wife and I want you to know that Venice Regional Hospitals cardiac care system is outstanding and second to none! I have had access to some of the finest hospitals in America, but believe VOHI is in a class of its own. Dr. Fong who performed my surgery is a world-class surgeon. His skills and steadfast Christian witness makes him a wonderful representative for your facility.

January 31st, 2012

I would like to thank Dr. Fong for the exceptional surgery he performed on my husband. What a relief he was able to accomplish such a task. I would highly recommend Dr. Fong to anyone who might need to have a procedure done.

January 16th, 2012

I recently underwent quadruple heart bypass surgery at the Heart Center of Venice Regional Medical Center. Dr. Fong, along with the excellent staff at the facility made a trying time less so. I want to thank them all for the wonderful and caring attention I received. The follow up health care, from Omni Home Care, monitored by Ken, the nurse, was extremely helpful as well as comforting. God bless you all.

October 14th, 2011

Best Treatment

I drove 2,000 miles from northern Minnesota with symptoms of heart pain, to have Venice Ocala Heart institute treat my heart. I passed the Mayo Clinic and other clinics for treatment here.