Dr. Jonathan Funk Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Funk?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 22nd, 2016

The Best OB I've Seen

He delivered my son two years ago and he was AWESOME. Very kind and very smart. He was/is the best OB I've been to. I delivered my next child in Springfield, Missouri and wish I could have seen Dr. Funk as my OB again. ... The doctor that my insurance would cover for my birth a month ago sucked. He was VERY rude and did not support a natural birth. I can't believe I put up with it. I kept wishing I was still near Dr. Funk. If I have another child, I believe/know I will be delivering at home with a midwife since I won't be able to go back to Dr. Funk.

September 9th, 2014

I firstmmet Dr. Funk many years ago, when pregnant with my second child , he was coveringmformmy reg OB, and imliked him then. Fast forward to 20 some years later, first appointment with him as actual patient. On time, courteous, kind and understanding. Bedside manner so-so, but what ob/gyn does not habe a warped sense of humor? He listened to my concerns, gave great advice and, barring no complications, said see ya next year. Would recommend him to anyone.

June 22nd, 2014

No Communication

I went to see Dr. Funk after experiencing pelvic pain for a couple weeks. It was discovered I had a 7cm ovarian cyst. After the tests revealed the cyst, Dr. Funk emailed to tell me to come back for follow up in 6-8 weeks. I called to try to talk with him and emailed, but got no response. I was given no options, no pain management strategies and was not given any opportunity to discuss the findings. I changed to his colleague and was given three treatment options to choose from, none of them involved just waiting 6-8 weeks. I had a very bad experience with Dr. Funk.

August 9th, 2013

I love Dr. Funk. He's very Professional, knowledgeable and straightforward. If you Are the kind of patient who needs their handheld Are things told them sugarcoated he is not the doctor for you. He did a wonderful job welcoming my first baby into the world. I trust him with my life and if I'm going to surgery he's the doctor I want. I refer friends and family to him all the time.

July 17th, 2013

I was referred to D. Funk because he was the on-call doc when I went in to the ER for an ovarian cyst. When I went in for surgery to remove the cyst, he found endometriosis. After the surgery, he came out and told my husband that "she's going to need very expensive medicine" and walked away. He did NOT tell my husband the diagnosis, what it meant, what the medicine was, or why I needed it. During my post-surgery follow-up, Dr. Funk told me I was going to need shots that would put my body into chemical menopause, got the nurse who administered shot, and that was it. I left the office terrified and crying.

June 5th, 2013

Dr. Funk was very courteous and understanding. He really listens to his patients and their requests. He does make his patients birthing experience very enjoyable. I enjoyed having him as my doctor. He is very knowledgeable and swift with his techniques. I was very comfortable and appreciated that he was my doctor. Quick and efficient reactions to make sure mother and baby are healthy. I had a normal vaginal delivery.

March 22nd, 2013

I moved to a new area and was looking for a new OBGYN. Someone had mentioned his name and I thought I would give him a shot. I have several medical issues and really felt like he rushed me through the appointment. I didn't feel like he was truly concerned about any issues. When I was asking questions he rushed me through the questions and basically didn't let me finish what I was saying. I would have had no problem if he just would have spent a little more time with me and answered any questions I had.

February 18th, 2013

GREAT KNOWLEDGEABLE OB-GYN

I trust Dr funk with my Life being a 28 yr cancer survivor I met him as a resident at Metro Health center. He follows my paps closely and does not hesitate to send me back to the oncologist whenever there may be a question. He takes time and explains everything to his patients. I have such confidence in him that both of my daughters and my teenage granddaughter are now his patients by their choice. They , nor I would not trade his expertise for anything in this world. I highly recommend him when looking for a great Ob-Gyn.

February 2nd, 2013

I'm a long-time patient of Dr Funk's and would think of going anywhere else. I appreciate his straight forwardness and how easy it is to talk to him and ask him anything.

September 10th, 2012

Not for me

He did not listen to my concerns. Pushed hormones.I recently found out that he did NOT tell me the truth about the results of a biopsy. It was actually NORMAL. Therefore did not need hormones in the first place. Would NOT recommend!

March 17th, 2017