Overall Review

July 5th, 2016
Highest Rating
I had written an earlier review and for some reason it showed less than 5 stars. The only thing I can say about Dr. Haas and his team is that there should be an option for more stars. I have recommended a number of patients to Dr. Haas and have made myself available to speak to others about the cyberknife treatment and Dr. Hass in particular. Again, I can only repeat that this is the finest doctor and person I've ever come in contact with.

May 17th, 2016
Don't know what to say but that this man is great he saved my dads life he was there to and sure that everything would be OK

May 7th, 2016
The Best Doctor, Period!!!

March 19th, 2016
Lots of choices but very happy with cyberknife
I was diagnosed in 2013, PSA 4.3 and Gleason score 6 in 2 area. I did watch and wait. Psa in 2014 was 5.1 biopsy still showed Gleason 6 but in only 1 area. PSA in 2015 was 6.9. My biopsy in 2016 showed 2 Gleason 6 and 2 Gleason 7. I did the rounds and met with surgeons at Cornell and Sloan Kettering before I met with Jonathan Haas. I was impressed by the fact that for a well known doctor he was extremely down to earth, not an alarmist, and very open about all treatment options rather than pushing me to what he did (cyberknife) He spent a lot of time and went through his take on all options and explained that whatever I chose would likely work. I also liked that he gave me a list of multiple patients that were treated that I could call (which I did, all would do the treatment with him again if given the choice) The 5 days went well (I very much liked the technicians especially Jim and Megeen) I've had 2 PSA since treatment and both are going down. Haas and Winthrop were a great choice for me and recommend him for prostate cancer treatment strongly.

January 28th, 2016
Too busy
He's too busy to spend time with patients.

December 21st, 2015
Very compassionite, takes time to explain your diagnosis and treatment. Always has a smile and puts you at ease

December 3rd, 2015
Most knowledgeable, caring and informed doctor I've ever been to. Spends as much time as you need to discuss and explain every aspect of your situation. Extremely honest without being an alarmist. No better doctor I have come in contact with.

November 1st, 2015
Doing great-still playing music and touring!
I'm a professional musician who was treated by Dr. Haas for my prostate cancer on Cyberknife. I travel and when I am on stage playing music, it is obviously difficult to leave if I have to go to the bathroom but this has never been an issue and I never missed a gig. I am 3 years out and have had zero issues. My PSA is 0.23 (was 8.5 in 2012 when my doctor found the prostate cancer.) I follow up with Dr. Haas every 6 months now and would do his treatment again in a second. The guy is a pro.

July 9th, 2015
Love him
My husband an I have been with Dr. Haas for years. He treated my breast cancer and my husband's prostate cancer. He jokes that we are the "2 for1" 2 words come to mind when he walks in with the big white smile-confidence and competence. We both have zero worries about our now cured cancer and actually look forward to our 2 for 1 follow ups. Plus he is easy on the eyes 😊

December 21st, 2014
Sometimes you just want to hear from the dr for reassurance

September 6th, 2014
Gleason 7 patient
I finished CyberKnife with Dr. Haas this summer and wanted to share my experience. He runs a busy tight ship and I travelled from out of state to be treated by him for my prostate cancer. He explained all of the treatment options during the consult and I never felt pressured by him for treatment. He was the third doctor I visited, the others pushed really hard for their treatment-Haas said I had 3-4 good choices. He gave me a list of his patients to get their opinions and they were very helpful. I didn't love the fiduciary marker procedure but that took a minute and Dr. Haas was quick and made me laugh during it so no big deal. The treatment itself was an easy week and the hospital helped me find a nice hotel on the beach (my wife joked that it was a vacation for us) I had to urinate a bunch for a few weeks after (he told me before, so no surprise) and I was back to normal by 3-4 weeks. Cyberknife is a very good treatment and John Haas was a great choice by me to do the treatment. He has done thousands of cases like mine so good to have someone who really knows what they are doing.

November 2nd, 2013
Dr. Haas is a great guy. He is really busy but having been a patient of his for a few years, I totally understand why he is constantly getting called overhead. People always want the best. That being said, he never rushes with me and he is just a good guy and really good doctor.