Dr. Jonathan Hecht Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Hecht?

April 28th, 2017

The most RIDICULOUS Charges DO NOT GO!!

We had a 30 minute consultation and had NO diagnosis, NO follow up plan and NO solutions WHATSOEVER and he sent a bill for $704.09!!!!! This is a complete scam! I don't care how long you went to school. You could have asked these questions on a piece of paper, every other business in the world has to show some kind of value for their charges. This is snake oil sales!

April 20th, 2016

Avoid

I have never met such an unbelievably rude doctor. He has absolutely no bedside manners. He talked down to me and questioned every part of my life and the answers I gave him as if he was trying to psychoanalyze me. I was experiencing chronic migraines and all he could do for me was prescribed me two bottles of pills. I've had bad experiences with pain meds hurting my stomach so I refused to take them. We returned for a follow up appt. and I told him I didn't take the pills. He got angry and asked me why. I explained and he just huffed as if I was stupid. He then looked at the list of medicines I am taking for other health problems. He says to me, "I don't understand. You refuse to take my medicine but you're taking all these other pills?" I explained that those medicines were for a life threatening disease that I have that needs to be treated. He rudely says to me, "Well migraines need to be treated too." Did you not just hear me? I'm taking it because I could die if I don't. I can live with the occasional migraines without any strong meds. Even after refusing the pills he kept pushing them like a salesman. Not only that but he kept telling me that I should take them to lose weight. He kept emphasizing that part. If I wanted a nutritionist I would see one. I left his office shaking in anger. I'll find a better doctor elsewhere.

September 5th, 2015

Worst experience with a doctor ever. He completely ignored my autistic son, was rude to my husband and I --and clearly had his own agenda. He should not be treating children or working with families.

January 13th, 2015

Dr. Hecht was not prepared for our visit and his office did not provide us important information in advance of our appointment. He did not know how to use his computer to review an MRI CD. He verbally expressed a lack of skill in reading a brain MRI. He did not have a conversation with the radiologist that performed the MRI in advance of our appointment regarding the MRI to compensate for his lack of knowledge. Finally, when he referred us to a specialist, he failed to provide the results of one of the 4 critical tests that were performed for almost one month. He needs to work on being more organized and stronger with his bedside manner, which is critical for a doctor dealing with children.

July 3rd, 2012

I'll cut him a little slack...

When my 12 mos old daughter's pediatrician said she needed to get a second opinion from a neurologist, he wanted it done within 30 days. When Dr. Hecht was the only one available at Children's in Fairfax that week, I was nervous about seeing him after reading these reviews. Some of my comments might sound a little harsh, but hopefully, they will help others understand. A friend of my sister who is a peds with Children's said she thought all of their neurologists were fine...but they are little quirky - it goes with the field. Knowing that helped me understand Dr. Hecht. He was trying really hard to have good bedside manner, but he's apparently not a people person. He's not super warm with infants, but he tried! He wasn't rude; he just wasn't the type to sing songs to her, etc. like the pediatrician will do. I thought he listened to my concerns and was clear on next steps...although her issue isn't critical and no medication is necessary. My complaint about Dr. Hecht was that he didn't give me clear instructions about how and where to go get her blood labs done within their facility. By the time I thought we were waiting too long and found out I was in the wrong place and he didn't actually give me the paper orders I needed, the lab tech was on lunch break. We ended up being there for a total of 3 hours to check-in, be examined, and get the blood drawn. Be sure to ask exactly where to go and what you need, especially if it's your first visit to this facility.

May 23rd, 2012

dont see this doctor

I was originally scheduled with another doctor at the hospital with a 2 month wait time, but received a call saying "another doctor has more immediate appointment" I took it and I very much regret.Wait was 2 hours. His sidekick asked questions which I already answered to a nurse. But all would be ok, if this was a good doctor. But he isn't. He completely lacks in professionalism. Talks as if on drugs. Shows zero empathy. But again, I could tolerate this too, as long as he was helpful.I agree with the previous rater. Dr. Hecht was quick to make a wrong diagnosis and quick to make suggestions for medicines. I felt I was talking to a pharma salesman.Please, please, please do not take your child to this person.

June 30th, 2009

NEVER take your child to this neurologist. He is inexperienced, quick to make false judgments, and will prescribe harsh medications with no diagnosis.

November 22nd, 2016