Dr. Jonathan Herland MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

February 15th, 2014
The best!
I have been seeing Dr. Herland over the past 5 years, for various back issues. He has been spot-on with diagnosis and treatment. He is very precise, and concerned about the patient comfort level during procedures. He is very personable, with a great wit! I would, and have, refer him to any of my friends!

May 24th, 2013
Lumbar Epidural Steroid shot
I went to have an lumbar epidural steroid shot, and was VERY nervous....the IV sedation I was given didn't work (most likely due to just HOW stressed out I was?)....was given more (another full dosage)....still nothing....I was visibly shaking, and the pain was horrible!! When the needle went in,the tears were freely flowing, it was like what I imagine being stabbed is like....horrific. It was NOT like a "bee sting", or a "slight" pinch....the staff that were in attendance were terrific, they seemed genuinely concerned, and caring. I was given a prescription before I left for the pain...which, 3 days later, is still the same, no change,if anything, it's a bit worse than it was before the shot...Dr. Herland seemed caring and concerned, had a great bed-side manner...the problem is something to do with my body, not his work...thanks.

October 4th, 2011
Dr Herland explained everything to me in regular terms. He went through the MRI step by step and explained everything to me. He spent almost an hour with me for my first visit. He's already set me up with an injection so I'm hoping this helps.