Dr. Jonathan Mayer MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Madera, CA

1.3

February 28th, 2011
Not a good experience
This doctor may have some knowledge but you would never know it from his bedside manner or from the care that you receive from him. Luckily, my child and I are both alive but not without complications.He also only has one volume: VERY LOUD.

August 27th, 2009
As a person, Dr. Mayer is okay, but as my doctor? Never again! I would not reccomend him to anyone that has fertility issues or an abnormal pregnancy. When I started seeing him I was newly pregnant for the first time and had some cramping, so he did an ultrasound and found that there was no baby developing. After a few weeks of checking things again there was still nothing developing so we decided it was time to do a DandC so that my husband and I could try again as soon as possible. Up until this poine I had no complaints with Dr. Mayer, he was very prefessional and was very kind in telling me the news that I was not going to have a baby. But then I got the DnadC done and ended up with a major infection in my right tube (again,things happen...I understand that...) I was admitted to the hospital for 3 days after having already spent a full day in the ER. During my stay he and his staff did many excrutiating and I feel unnecessary exams on me and it was just an all around bad time. After I was released I was on antibiotics for 3 weeks at which time I went back to Dr. Mayer for a check up and this is where I really began to dislike him...during my exam and discussions with him at my appointment he kept joking about infecting me and my tubes...HOW INAPPROPRIATE!!! Then 2 months later I got pregnant again...but neither he or his nurses would believe me even with positive blood results...and guess what?? I lost that one too! Needless to say, I now have a new Dr. and she has done some testing to find out why I have been having troubles...and has found the probable cause... I wonder why no one else did those tests???Anyway, I am happy with my new Dr and very glad I switched.