Dr. Jonathan Kaplan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 8th, 2016
His Staff will be the reason he goes out of business
I would like to start of by saying, I LOVE DR. KAPLAN. However, the way I was treated by his biller is the reason I will never go back or recommend anyone to this office. I called on Monday to get a refill on my prescription, blood work papers and to schedule another appointment. I was told by the receptionist that she was instructed by the billet to not give me anything until I came there and paid my outstanding bill in cash. I said I could give them my card and that would be no problem. The receptionist said they don't take cards and it had to be in cash. I asked to then speak with the biller and the receptionist went "She said she won't speak with you because she has already spoken to you several times and there is no new information" so I replied "Well I don't recall any of these conversations and I don't normally have outstanding balances so I would like to speak with her" and the receptionist said the biller refused to speak with me. So I said "I don't want to ruin your day, you seem like a nice person and I need to speak with the biller. However I will start screaming in about 5 seconds and unfortunately it will be at you who isn't the reason I am getting upset and not the biller". Next thing I know the biller picks up and say that she has nothing to say to me and that my bill was in collections and that she mailed me four invoices and email my husband. I asked her about what email address it was sent to and she asked what my husbands email was. So I said no because if you really sent it you can forward it to me. Bottom line she couldn't find the email and said it was because she deleted it because it was sent from her personal account and not the business. So I asked what mailing address she had on file and she had my street address wrong. I had been there twice sines this supposed bill that was sent to collections but no one asked me while I was there about it? I agree if there is a bill it should be paid, but to with hold medication for a 9 month pregnant woman which could potentially hurt the baby for a measly $176... Is that really worth it? Obviously they just only care about payment and not the patient. So even though on bed rest I drove and hour (yes that is how good he was) there and an hour back in the pouring rain with my two year old daughter to pay the balance in cash so I could get my prescription. I will never be back. The way I was treated, as if I skip out on bills and the lack of respect and self control from this woman is just disgraceful. Not to mention when I get there they didn't have four dollars in change??? I told them to keep it and left. Save yourself from the aggravation and disrespect.

February 5th, 2016
Dr Kaplan is so nice and really knows all about diabetes. My husband's.sugar is finally under control .

December 28th, 2015
Knows his stuff
Dr.Kaplan is without a doubt one of the smartest people I have ever met. I went in for the first time about my diabetes and he took the time to answer every question. He has kept my diabetes in check and has kept me healthy. He is also very personable and caring, which is rare in doctors these days. I know many people who go to him, from what I have heard he is the one of the best, if not the best, endocrinologists in the state. I strongly recommend him.

November 6th, 2015
Best doctor I have ever seen hands down. So incredibly knowledgeable and personable. He actually sits down with you in his office and just talks to you to see what is wrong before even examining you! Doctors just do not care as much as he does anymore these days which is sad. He has been a blessing in my life and my cousin's who sees him too. Everyone I have ever talked to who sees Dr.Kaplan says the same thing. If you want top notch care, I can not recommend Dr.Kaplan enough.

May 29th, 2015
Lifesaver
My husband was diagnosed with a rare intra-adrenal tumor (1 in 1,000,000) in 2014. After he nearly died on the operating table because of improper care by an inept inattentive and heartless endocrinologist, and a surgeon that did not make sure his patient was properly prepped for surgery, we were blessed to find Dr. Kaplan. Dr. Kaplan saw my husband weekly for a month and a half, spoke to us on the phone when ever we had questions and meticulously developed a plan of care, carefully titrating medications to effectively moderate the extreme amounts of adrenaline that the tumor was producing. This allowed my husband to have his adrenal tumor removed safely. I can say with conviction that Dr. Kaplan, by the grace of God, is responsible, with the new surgeon, for my 40 year old husband being alive today. I will never cease being grateful to him. Not only was he knowledgeable (he was an expert on a tumor that he sees rarely 2 or 3 in ten years!) but he was a shoulder to lean on and a good friend to us during what was a terrifying ordeal. I recommend Dr. Kaplan wholeheartedly.

February 26th, 2015
Dr Kaplan is not only the smartest doctor I have ever seen, he is also really kind and patient. He spent a lot of time with me and my husband, explained everything and GOT MY DIABETES UNDER CONTROL!

April 17th, 2014
I can not say enough about Dr.Kaplan. He truly cares about his patients and does everything he can for them as he did for me. Very knowledgeable.

January 26th, 2012
Professional courteous caring
Dr.Kaplan did a comprehensive review of my medical history on my first visit to his office. I found him very competent and caring. His staff was friendly and courteous