Dr. Jonathan Katz MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

September 30th, 2015
Get a second opinion or seek another doctor
After reading some extremely poor reviews on Dr. Katz, I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and keep my appointment with him. I should have cancelled and sought another doctor. After waiting almost 45 minutes, with a receptionist who clearly needs to retire, my husband and I were put in an exam room no bigger than my hall closet. Dr. Katz came in and looked at my file for a few minutes, then asked me about my mental history. I explained to him that I have bipolar disorder and ptsd. He then asked what caused the ptsd. I explained a traumatic childhood and first marriage. He then asked me about the car accident that caused the injuries resulting in chronic lower back pain and neuropathy. He then told me that all of my "symptoms" were psychological and that if I stopped taking ALL of my meds, including the one for bipolar, and sought a psychiatrist, then my "symptoms would go away. Then, while I was sitting there crying my eyes out, he commented to my husband about the Anaheim Angels cap my husband was wearing. He and my husband engaged in a 15 minute conversation about baseball......BASEBALL!!! I was there to get help because my pain and neuropathy symptoms were getting worse and Dr. Katz seemed like my last hope.......and there he was, after telling me my symptoms were basically in my head, talking to my husband about baseball.......like they were sitting in a bar watching a game. Dr. Katz's bedside manner is atrocious. I have never, ever left a doctor's office in tears and feeling hopeless. I was literally depressed for a week afterward. If you are referred to this doctor, I urge you to seek someone else. I found a second opinion and was told my symptoms were NOT psychological, but that I had degenerative disc disease and a large amount of inflammation around several herniated discs. If Dr. Katz had actually looked at my scans instead of passing judgment based on my mental status, he would have found the true problem to my pain and neuropathy. I honestly will never seek this quack out for any other help.....unless I want to be depressed for a while.

May 12th, 2015
A little miffed
I didn't feel like Dr. Katz would let me complete a sentence and he totally discounted what I did manage to say. I still don't understand why no one has taken an image of my wrist to see if that's where the problem lies.

February 7th, 2013
Dr. Katz was unfriendly, not very communicative and appeared to be completely disinterested in my case. I'm not expecting that a doctor will be a cheerleader but boy he was cold.

April 13th, 2012
Poor bedside manner
Dr. Katz entered the room and slumped into the chair, as if I was the last thing he wanted to see. When I asked about a certain medication, he made me feel like an idiot for asking. I've got ALS, so the last thing I needed was a doctor with a bad attitude. He apologized, but I would NOT recommend him.

September 12th, 2009
Arm weakness
I had seen about five other doctors when I had a problem with my arm, and they couldn't really tell me what was happening. Dr. Katz not only figured it out, but he reassured me I would be OK. He really seemed to care. He's really great if you need to figure out what you have. His staff is great too.

August 5th, 2017