Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Pain Management Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Komar's Office Sent Me to a Lawyer to Get an Appt!!!!  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2013

I called to get an appt w/ Dr. Komar. His office gal, realizing my issue was downstream of an auto accident, told me I had to either pay cash or get an appt through National Health Finance (which is owned to some degree by Dave Wattel, a personal injury attny!!!) This from a guy who says on his company website "My goal is to relieve patients’ pain and help them achieve the highest level of function possible." Maybe he should add, "As long as it is not from an auto accident!" I told her I had medical insurance, I told her the claim was already accepted by the party-at-fault (I was re-ended)... Nope, gotta pay cash or have an attny evaluate the 'risk' of the loan. The Dr. makes monry, the attny makes money, and WE ALL PAY HIGHER INS PREMIUMS. What a QUACK! Steer clear of Drs whose only goal is to make money AND refers folks to an attorney before he sees them. Wonder what his cut is........

Aug 18th, 2012

Dr. Komar is very nice and compassionate doctor top in this department but, he kept under his care for way to long instead of referring me out to a surgeon. Which surgery in the only option for structure issues. I spent 4 years and a lot of out of pocket money on treatments that insurance didn't cover.

|  Dr Komar is a 5 Star Dr!!!!!!!  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2011

I saw Dr Komar in his Scottsdale office for sciatic nerve pain last summer. I initially could not get an appointment for 1 week. However, I called back and explained that I could not tolerate the pain any longer. I was given an appointment the next day. I went to him with my spinal xrays, MRI and CT scan. I would suggest going to your family practice physician first so that he or she can order the diagnostic test to be done prior to your appointment with Dr Komar. This way, he has the tools to do a diagnosis on the 1st appointment. Upon meeting him, his first comment was that by the look on my face and the images he saw on the MRI and CT scan, he could tell I was in excruciating pain. He did a neurological, skeketal and muscular exam. He brought me to a very large computer screen to show me the cyst he found on my sciatic nerve. He wanted to try a conservative approach first and gave me an Rx for prednisone. He explained that if this did not relieve the pain, that draining the cyst was the next option. The meds helped for the first 4 days and then the pain returned. I called the office, explained that I could not sit, lie down, sleep or eat as the pain was too severe. They gave me their 1st appointment in the Phoenix office to have the cyst surgically drained and they called the physical therapist I was seeing and asked her to give me a TENS unit for pain management until the cyst could be drained. The receptionist told me to go onto their website which would explain the procedure. The website is very informative and put me at ease. I was given sedation for the procedure and had a fabulous result. I was pain free that day. I returned to the office 1 week later and we were both very pleased with the outcome. Dr Komar is a very compassionate, caring and bright physician. He wasted no time in his diagnosis of my condition, tried the conservative approach 1st, and told me to call the office if the pain returned. He is a breath of fresh air in a very complicated health care world.

Jul 20th, 2010

Had a long wait for first visit but he spent a lot of time assessing my back issues, Ordered MRI for back and xray for wrist (referred me to wrist specialist) Willing to see me soon at other ofc, gave good explanation of herniation and what he would recommend.to treat the cond. Had me watch procedure on website. Never spoke of other options.Follow up - saw his Assistant; she was very knowlegable and helpful.A pain specialist but never asked me if I needed anything for the pain.

Apr 29th, 2009

i went to see dr. komar 1 1/2 years ago had relief. started to have problems and spent the last 1year under various poor care of doctors.went to see komar today and his compassion, understanding as a dr. and person are very impressive and just what any person with extreme back issues needs. he scheduled for testing asap and let me know i have options other than open back surgery at this point. he set my mind at ease and i fell better knowing he is my health care provider. can not say enough great things about him.

Apr 2nd, 2009

Grounded in reality not a "prima donna". Very knowledgable in his field.