inactive

Jonathan Lovy DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 12th, 2016
Great doctor!. Personable, patient, takes all the the time that I need. Highly recommended!

September 30th, 2015
I have been Doctor Lovy 's patient for 16 years he always takes time to listen to his patients and always is there when you need him. I have many health issues and I think without DR Lovy I would not be here today, if one combination of medication doesn't work he will try something else he never gives up, he thinks different medication works for some and sometimes you may need something different, he makes sure you get what works for you. Sometimes he is just there to listen. I think of him and his staff as family and feel blessed to have them in my life'

May 28th, 2015
Excellent Dr. And caring staff!

September 24th, 2012
Dr. Lovy is a great doctor. He's very kind, listens to the patients concerns, and thorough is testing to find problems. His techs are very efficient and courteous and carry out his procedures with excellent professionalism. But his office staff seems to have an attitude like the patients are a bother. They seem so put-out by the patients like they're a bother. He needs to hold a meeting and advise them to adjust their attitude or leave and replace them with a office staff that reflects his same standards.

December 26th, 2011
Interaction at hospital - Terrible!
My mother was admitted to the hospital and Dr Lovy was filling in for her regular doctor while they were away on vacation. The first time he visited my mother he walked in the room, listen to her chest and walked out without introducing himself. When asked about my mother's condition and the procedure that was scheduled that afternoon he replied "I don't know anything about that." When asked if he was aware the staff was trying to contact him because they specifically wanted to discuss the procedure with her doctor first, he replied "I don't know anything about that." and left. My mother had the procedure (upper GI) and was returned to her room and restricted to a liquid diet for the next 24 hours, not because of any diagnostic result, but simply because Dr Lovy did not review the results and ok a return to solid food, despite being repeatedly paged by the nursing staff. I had to speak to the Nursing Adminstrator at the hospital and threaten legal action before my mother got any solid food again. The next time Dr Lovy appeared two days later my mother was using the bathroom, he walked in and walked out without even seeing my mother and refused to discuss the results of any of the tests administered to my mother with my sister who was present. Again he said "I don't know anything about that." I had to ask the nursing staff for his name, my siblings and I nicknamed him "Dr Thirtyseconds".

July 13th, 2011
MY 1ST. EXPERIENCE & VISIT WITH "DR. LOVY"
I thought 2 myself due 2 the "Hippo Law".I'm sitting N the waiting room wait N 2B checked N & 2B seen by the Dr.I could over hear the workers N the office making terrible comments about another patient.Thinking wow, wonder do they realize that they can b heard by me or others that r waiting! My 1st.experience with "Dr.Lovy" was @"Oakwood South shore Medical Hosp.I was admitted due 2 bad reaction of medicine from my "Old Dr." Dr. Lovy was the Dr. on call & visited me during my stay there .His concern was Y was I taken the medicine that caused me 2B admitted. In looking @ ur records he stated " if u have this disease y would ur Dr. perscribe that medicine is he not aware of ur illness"? U should not b on that mediation he stated. Then he asked Y I drove2 Toledo 2 c my old Dr.I stated "that I don't know any Dr.s that I can trust & care 4 my needs the way I expect 2b meant." He said that he would love 2 become my Dr. 2keep that n mind. So that I don't have 2 drive 45 miles away! His goal is 2have me live a comfortable life. I like the fact that he takes the time 2hear me he listens well& he has direct eye contact with u & is a very caring Dr.:)

June 1st, 2011
My First Visit ....
My First Visit today was overall great. Besides dealing with the ladies in the office. As I sat in the room after being checked in, i could over hear the ladies in the office making terrible comments about aother patients as well as myself. I have not been to a doctor in over 20yrs. The staff in the office made me feel like a complete looser for being there. There exact comments were, His girlfriend comes here. His brother and sister in law both come here. It looks like it must run in the family.. As the rest of the staff just laughed out loud. I was made to feel like it was my fault that I was in a car accident. Anyways Dr. Lovy was great, understanding and very compationate twards me. A great doctor like this can have idiots workig with him. And clients will still show up at his clinic. It's actually sad that this problem hasn't been adressed in the past. I know of other clients that have been treated the same as I was. One of em actually left the office in tears , because of the way the ladies in the office treated her..