Dr. Jonathan Mandelbaum Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Mandelbaum?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Mandelbaum?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 27th, 2012

Very Pleased!

I had a gastric tumor where my esophagus and stomach met, which was located in an inner wall. Dr. Mandelbaum was highly recommended as my surgeon, and quite honestly, I could not have cared less what his bedside manner was. My only concern was that he/she was knowledgeable and could get the job done! Not only did he get the job done, but I found him to be very kind as well. Consequently, my daughter and I have both had Dr. Mandelbaum perform hernia repairs on us since my first surgery.As far as the office wait, I found it to be shorter than my average wait in a doctors office and the staff has ALWAYS been pleasant to work with.

June 21st, 2012

Awesome Doctor. He was professional and had a great bedside manner. He performed the removal of a pilonidal cyst on my son and I have referred him to other patients as well.

June 5th, 2011

uncareing

i think he has a very cold bedside manner and we heard he was the best at st francis well i'd hate to see their worst.I had a lot of problems after my surgery and they were not taken care of promptly.

March 8th, 2011

all business, no personality

i felt like he cared little about me as patient,gave no true insight into what surgery would entail and what recovery time would be with pain swelling and numbness

December 10th, 2008

maybe skilled but not caring at all!

I never felt like MY needs mattered. I would ask the same questions over and over and still never get an answer. My appointments lasted an hour and 45 minutes and he met with me approx 4 min of that time. When he called me to tell me about a malignant tumor found, it was as if he was ordering a pizza! Very cold and impersonal. After my first surgery, he NEVER came back to the hospital room to follow up. I saw him for all of 30seconds prior to the surgery. Overall, it was a very frustrating experience with him. I have been told that he is skilled. I think that's wonderful, but I think there are plenty of surgeons in the area who are skilled AND will actually care about me. I'm lucky that my oncologist referred me one right away. Also can't tell you how many times the staff told me "he's very busy"; never had time for ME.

January 17th, 2016