Overall Review

December 1st, 2016
incomplete instructions and information very dissatisfied with lack of care

January 20th, 2016
He was excellent - thorough, concerned and came up with a plan of action . My first time seeing him and am certain to return.

September 4th, 2014
I'm actually shocked reading some of the negative reviews here. I have seen a few dermatologists for my acne but Dr Nelson has been absolutely the best. I know he can be very quick sometimes but I love that he knows what he's doing and can diagnose you by just taking a quick look at your skin. He's a dermatologist, and his job is to treat your condition and do it well not to spend time chit chatting. His treatments for me have always worked and I trust him. I've been seeing him for quite some time now and have never found another Dr. that can compare. All those I refer him to love him as well!! Trust me, he's the best!! You won't be disappointed.

August 13th, 2014
Rare Rash
I didn't have to wait very long to get an appointment and once I was there, I didn't have to wait long to be seen. This office is busy but also efficient. I have a rare skin condition that runs in my family called Hailey-Hailey Disease. When it acts up, it can happen very quickly and is very painful so I appreciated not having to wait weeks for an appointment. I told the receptionist that I was uncomfortable and she gave me an appointment that afternoon. I've been to other dermatologists in the past, some knew what I had and some didn't. Not only did Dr. Nelson know what it was within 2 seconds of looking at my skin but he was able to explain my condition to me in a clear and concise way. Although my condition has no cure, the treatment he prescribed calmed my skin down very quickly and I seem to be in remission right now. I am very appreciative of the way I was treated, from start to finish.

February 27th, 2014
Not bad at all!
I always search for reviews or anything that comes up online before going to a doctor or even purchasing a product. After I read all the reviews for Dr. Nelson I wasn't sure whether to keep my appointment or not. He came very highly recommended from family members and other colleagues. I decided to go in and see how my first time would be. He is great let me say. He is a bit quick at treating and diagnosis, but hey I rather that then someone that asks me about my whole life and at the end gives me a wrong diagnosis. You ask him a questions and he answers in a heart beat. He is very smart and knowledgeable. You can't be rude to him and his staff and then expect someone to be nice to you. I would highly him to anyone I know.

May 29th, 2013
Great experience!
After reading all the reviews, I almost cancelled my appointment. Glad I didn't. Dr. Nelson was great. Spent a lot of time with me, his staff did as well...I was shocked, as I went in there expecting the worst! He was very thorough, friendly, and knowledgable.

May 15th, 2013
Knows his stuff
I'm quite shocked at some of the reviews Dr. Nelson has received given my experiences with him.; allow me to explain. I have a relatively rare skin condition that warrents a particular knowledge base that an average dermatologist would not have working practice with nor fluent knowledge of. This is clearly not the case with Dr. Nelson even though he is a "family dermatologist" He is smart, well studied, understands complex skin conditions whilst having the tools to tackle day to day routine issues, and keeps current with todays medicine. This makes him a good doctor. He spends an good amount of time with his patients and his office wait is never an issue. He has a good and thoughtful staff. Office is clean, has good lighting, and an overall nice decor. The only complaint is that he does not take credit cards.

April 3rd, 2013
want to feel uncomfortable ?
this doctor will barely speak to you, or take a good look at your skin, he will prescribe some expensive medicine or perform any procedure he is supposed to and leave the room. That's it ! Simple like that, no talk to the patient, no questions for you, no time for you to question the doctor. Scary! Without patient/doctor communication, consideration and respect there's a lot of room for something to go wrong!

March 19th, 2013
Law student
I find Dr Nelson to be knowledgeable, but too quick! He was ok...

August 29th, 2012
This Guy is Amazing
I was a bit hesitant to go to this doctor after reading some of these reviews but boy am I glad I didn't listen. I was able to get an appointment for my daughter on very short notice. The staff at his office was accomodating and courteous and the office was very clean. Granted we had to wait a little while to be seen once we were there but it wasn't unreasonable. Once in the examination room we were interviewed by a lovely Physician Assistant and then we were seen by Dr. Nelson. He was attentive, diagnosed my daughter right away, is obviously extremely knowledgeable, answered our questions thoughtfully, and even spent time joking around with us. I didn't feel rushed at all. What a nice experience. His treatment has started working already in just a matter of 2 days. I couldn't be more happy. I think more people that are happy with their experience at a doctor's office should take the time to write about it rather than just some angry ones.

November 17th, 2011
Not recommendable
My son used to be Dr. Nelson's patient and at the beginig he used to be really nice and focused in my son, but after a while Dr. Nelson spent no more than 3 minutes in the visit and he did not even tried to see what was wrong with my son's skin if something had changed or not, but he would asked me only if i had enough medication to put on his skin. Now my son has another dermatologist and he is 95% better compared with how he was when he was trated by Dr. Nelson

August 17th, 2011
This doctor requests botox injection shots be paid in cash to his office.He does not provide any written bill or invoice. He does not offer or provide a receipt when payment is made.My cash payment disappeared somehow and I was told to the bill again. Still a bill was never sent. Within a few weeks I was turned over to a collection agency who contacted me day and night telling me to pay because they were ruining my credit. I contacted the doctor's office and was spoken to by the office manager in the most rude and unprofessional manner. I highly recommend NOT to go to this doctor.