Dr. Jonathan Newton MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Marietta, GA

February 28th, 2017
WOW What a Response to the Negatives!!!
I have suffered from chronic pain the better part of my adult life as a result of an injury and I've seen my fair share of pain management doctors from the pill farms to the legitimate doctors who genuinely want to address their patient's pain. Having run the gauntlet, I am firmly committed opioid treatment and injections ... they work, they give me my life back, and I pretty much don't want to hear the word surgery or fusion. It's people like Dr. Newton addressed in his response that have made it SO DIFFICULT for me to get the medication I need - not that I want, but that I NEED, just to get through the day, to walk, clean house, care for my pets, everything that others take for granted. Therefore I am with him 100% when he discusses playing by the rules, weeding out dopers who just want to sell their medications -- and trust me, it's BIG business, I have truly met the worst of the worst in some of my appointments and it's those people that Dr. Newton appears to want to control, to keep them out of his office so he can keep his license to practice. Don't blame him ... it's his livelihood those people jeopardize. He took an OATH to do no harm. My current pain doctor is cutting back his practice so once again I am forced to find a new doctor. I am so disappointed that Dr. Newton is so far from me. He sure sounds like my kinda guy!! One who will prescribe and monitor medications, monitor your health WITH your primary doctor, discuss new methods with you even if you -- like I am -- are set in stone with your comfort zone... he's just doing his job. If you are his patient be grateful that you have someone who doesn't want your kids getting their hands on your meds or that you become so despondent over your pain that you over medicate... these are NOT bad traits in a pain management physician they are NECESSARY traits! I give him a 5 based on my many many years of experience with pain and pain management doctors and his BRILLIANT response to the negative reviews he received here... and not on personal contact.

February 24th, 2017
Execellent Pain Management Provider
Dr. Newton and his team always succeed in helping me to manage my Spine pain. They manage to work me in for acute issues promptly.

February 11th, 2016
Absolutely wonderful staff and great treatment!

October 26th, 2015
Wonderful, caring Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Newton for several years, and he has helped ease my chronic pain greatly through a variety of ways. I have always found him to be caring and thorough, one of the only physicians who actually takes the time to examine me and address my concerns on each visit. I was quite surprised to find a few negative reviews here- maybe some people are never happy anywhere.

July 21st, 2015
Great Doctor, Terrible Staff
Dr. Newton was very friendly. I felt like he was a little rushed in conversation, but if I asked a question he made sure to answer it. The downside of visiting this doctor was his staff. His office manager was very abrasive and had very little empathy for me in the situation I was in. Neither she nor her receptionist knew how to bill my insurance correctly, and they were insisting I pay out of pocket for my visit because I didn't have a debit card issued by my insurance company to cover cost from my flexible spending account. My insurance company does not offer this feature, and every other office I went to prior simply billed insurance like normal and if I were required to cover any costs I would get a bill. I offered my insurance information prior to the appointment to avoid any of these issues, but "They don't do that", and I was unable to avoid being inconvenienced or inconveniencing the office. After the office manager felt she no longer had anything to discuss with me, she actually slammed the glass window door in my face. Eventually I was able to get my insurance agent to explain to her how she should be doing her job, and I got into my appointment. Despite Dr. Newton's friendly demeanor, the only reason I am continuing treatment with him is because I can't afford to start over elsewhere.

May 20th, 2015
Great Doctor!
Dr Newton listened to me and found and treated my pain quickly. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I would recommend him to anyone in pain.

August 27th, 2014
Staff
Dr. Newton is a wonderful doctor. He is very honest, blunt in a kind way, extremely knowledgeable, and encouraging. His nurses are alway happy and courteous. But his billing staff is absolutely horrible!! The woman who handles billing said she would terminate me as a patient if I didn't pay fifty dollars extra, when his office is already $160 without insurance, and despite being his patient for over a year. I can not say if that came from Dr. Newton himself or if she is overstepping her boundaries, either way I was shocked and very disappointed at the absolute lack of compassion and unwillingness to work with patient's financial situation. Now, I no longer feel secure as his patient and my trust has been severely damaged. I am not at all comfortable with an office employee having the power to terminate my treatment under Dr. Newton, my doctor should be the only one with that power.

June 20th, 2014
Great Doctor
I came to Dr Newton after high recommendations from my PCP following an automobile accident. This was my first time meeting with a pain specialist so he was very thorough at explaining the process to me and the combination of his trigger point injections and physical therapy have made a significant difference in my physical state. I felt the staff was very thorough and professional. I got automated appt reminder calls which helped me not to miss my appts. I also like that he used the dictaphone while in the office so my concerns were noted for improved accuracy. Because of this useful tool I was able to leave his office with a full, thorough printout of my complaint, diagnosis, recommendations, procedures used, etc. These printouts were useful to me for work and for my attorney. I would highly recommend Dr. Newton.

June 6th, 2014
brilliant doctor
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Newton. I have been a patient of his for a year and he is brilliant! He is so knowledgeable, gets right to the point, goes over every thing very concisely, and is most friendly. One of my favorite things he does is dictating directly to my file via his computer while I am in the the room. This insures that I have heard his diagnosis not once but twice and I know that my file is up to date to the second and nothing gets missed. I couldn't recommend a better physician! His staff is equally kind, prompt, and accommodating. He and his staff a treasure to have here in East Cobb!

June 5th, 2014
a very good doctor
I have been seeing Dr Newton for over a year and never experience any of these complaints. He always sits down and listens to me. He even showed me my mri and told me what was wrong. he is careful with my pills and makes sure I am doing well without throwing lots of pills at me like other doctors do. I never wait long. And I like having a copy of the plan he dictates in front of me because I sometimes forget what he said. I have recommended him to some friends who also liked him.

May 23rd, 2014
EXCELLANT
AFTER READING REVIEWS I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ALL THE DEROGATORY REMARKS ARE ABOUT.I FOUND THE STAFF TO BE VERY HELPFUL AND DR.NEWTON TOOK HIS TIME AND EXPLAINED ALL MY PROBLEMS AND WHAT THE COURSE OF TREATMENTS WE WOULD BE TAKING.THIS WAS ALL DONE WITH A GREAT DEAL OF COMPASSION,TIME AND UNDERSTANDING.

November 11th, 2013
Not going back
Close to my house so my husband took me seeking advice on pain ... have pain remaining from chemo & significant spine damage. This is the first time I have seen a pain specialist. I felt like I was a kid getting a lecture. For me, I've been through enough, I want a Dr. that has at least a little compassion. He told me if I go to any other pain Dr.'s he will be notified - What???? I have been told I have fibromyalgia by a few Docs ... he rolled his eyes and dismissed it even though on his practice info he treats it? I saw him a couple times and felt the same way each time. As I am writing this in pain with no medication, no pain relief plan ... I am looking for a Dr. with a higher rating that can get me back on my feet. My husband & I both found him to be condescending. His staff is lovely & the office is nice ... glad he has helped some folks!