Dr. Jonathan Pontell, MD
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Video profile
Aesthetic Facial Plastic Surgery Center Inc.
303 W. Lancaster Avenue
Wayne, PA 19087
(610) 688-7100
Locations and availability (1)

• Currently 3.943661971831 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 5th, 2014

Very kind and caring. I always felt very comfortable.

May 4th, 2014

Dr. Pontell made it easy to discuss objectives and certainly was non-judgmental.

Apr 11th, 2014

I waited many years and consulted numerous doctors prior to choosing Dr. Pontell. It never felt quite right and I delayed getting the work I wanted done. Dr. Pontell's professionalism and obvious skills (as seen on before/after photos) convinced me to go ahead with the surgery. It's still early after the procedure, but I am very pleased with the results. I made the right decision.

|  Incredible Surgeon  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2014

My experience with Dr. Pontell and his staff has been wonderful. The care I have received pre-op and post-op was exceptional. I will certainly recommend him to any one that is considering a facial procedure.

|  Good results  |  show details
Jan 15th, 2014

Before the surgery, I would have liked more information about what to expect regarding recovery, such as how much numbness there would be and how long it would take to go away. But doctor and staff were always available for questions and concerns and results were good.

Doctor's Response

We're glad to hear your experience and cosmetic results met your expectations. At the same time, we'd like to thank you for your constructive feedback as well. Although we understand why it would be helpful to know precisely how long it would take numbness to wear off after surgery, it’s difficult, to predict recovery times and numbness, as every patient reacts differently. We do want you to be comfortable through the recovery process and the duration of numbness however, so we try, diligently, to be accessible to answer any questions you may have. We go to great lengths to provide the best possible care to all of our patients through the entire procedure as well as the recovery process and hope to have the opportunity to care for you again in the future .

|  Great Doc  |  show details
by Chris on Jan 1st, 2014

I had wanted to get my nose altered for many years but first never really thought I would do it, then was too busy raising kids, but finally decided to look into it for real. My nose was crooked and over projected, among other things. Finally went down the road and started the process. Met with 4 doctors, all with good reviews. But after meeting with them, some more than once. Dr. Pontell was the only one that felt right, for many reasons. He was easy to talk to, answered my questions. Most importantly to me was that he specialized in the face, his before and after pics knocked it out of the park, and he had so many years of experience that I felt it was just a routine thing. Thank goodness, because it turned out that my deviated septum was also fractured and a bit more complicated. I shudder to think what a doctor with lesser experience would have done. I am a bit over 4 weeks out from surgery now and I am thrilled with the results. Wish I had not waited so long to do this, but time and life at this point led me to Dr. Pontell, and I would not have wanted anyone else. I found Kay to be wonderful and very professional, and the only reason I gave 3 stars to ease of appointment is that Dr. Pontell is a very busy guy so sometimes appointment times are tight. But everything else exceeded my expectations, and I look forward to facing life with my newly improved nose. It is the nose I feel I was always meant to have. Thank you Dr. Pontell.

|  Recommendation  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2013

Dr.Jonathan Pontell of Media, PA was the fifth plastic surgeon I consulted about a facelift (these included the advertised "top" recommended Philadelphia and Mainline physicians). After one visit I knew I finally had found the surgeon I was seeking.The procedure more than met my expectations, and I am extremely pleased with the results. Along with his medical expertise, Dr. Pontell is a caring and thorough physician - he and his staff put me at ease and made me confident that I had made the right choice. I hope this recommendation will help others save the time and money I spent doing my research. And thank you again, Dr. Pontell - I look forward to being your patient again. Karen '71

|  Such a great experience  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2013

Great experience. He is SO nice and also has a great sense of humor! He also has great staff, both ladies were super nice and helpful, I felt welcome and taken care of. I didn't have to wait for long, got offered coffee and snacks and a side of friendly conversation by his assistant. I needed that to calm my nerves. I feel confident going forward with my surgery with Dr Pontell.

|  mini facelift experience  |  show details
by guest on Oct 28th, 2013

Dr. Pontell performed my mini facelift six weeks ago. The recovery was faster and easier than I anticipated. At 5 days post-op I went out with a scarf to cover some bruising on the sides of my neck, and no one noticed anything. I did get compliments on my hair, and general comments that I"looked good." Two weeks later I was out with my daughter and someone thought we were sisters! Every time I look in the mirror I am so glad I did this -- it was worth every penny. No more jowls, no more extra neck skin. Dr. Pontell does seamless work -- there are no visible scars, and everything healed beautifully. And the final result is completely natural. The surgery didn't change my features, it just took away the effects of aging, probably about 10 yrs.worth.

|  Beautiful Eyes  |  show details
by MFT on Sep 8th, 2013

I was immediately impressed with Dr. Pontell's professionalism and down to earth manner. He discussed procedures that would give me the results i wanted. I had an upper eyelid lift and fraxel on my lower eyelids. I am very happy with the results. Dr. Pontell is an EXCELLENT surgeon with a calming, kind demeanor.

|  Revision Rhinoplasty  |  show details
by Jennifer Tyler on Jul 31st, 2013

Amazing doctor. Very personable and invested in each individual case. I highly recommend this doctor.

|  Great doctor, Horrific assistant  |  show details
by GCC on Jun 16th, 2013

Dr. Pontell seems great. Had a consultation with him and all was excellent. Planned to have a procedure with him. I called back and his assistant who had been a bit nasty when I went the first time (but anyone can have a bad day) she now treated me with such rudeness and attitude that I hung up and I am looking for another doctor to have the procedure. Amazing how rude people can turn you away. Wish dr Pontell could realize what a terrible favor that men lady does for him.

|  Dr. Jonathan Pontell - Gifted Surgeon - Meda, PA  |  show details
by Helen W. on Jun 12th, 2013

Dr. Pontell is a gifted surgeon, and I am extremely pleased with the results of my facial cosmetic surgery. Excellent care, pre and post op. The best compliment to Dr. Pontell's skill is when acquaintances of mine commented: "You look great. You look so youthful." I highly recommenf Dr.Pontell.

|  Philadelphia, PA  |  show details
by Lynn on Jun 10th, 2013

Having decided to explore the possibility of a cosmetic procedure and, after researching plastic surgeons in the Philadelphia area, I selected Dr. Pontell as my surgeon of choice. Dr. Pontell was open and honest during the consultation visit regarding my expectations and what I hoped to achieve and I made the decision to have him perform a mini-facelift. First, I cannot thank Dr. Pontell enough for working with me to schedule the procedure given the fact that I was working with time constraints and was not the easiest patient to schedule. Simply put, he made it happen. Second, due to actions on my part and my part alone, I developed necrosis which has taken a bit of time to resolve. During this entire process, Dr. Pontell has been attentive, calm, caring, reassuring, and patient. Although I did not have call him directly, I very much appreciated being given mobile and home telephone numbers where I could reach him day or night – 7 days a week. It was comforting to know I was a phone call away from reaching him if I needed to do so. I am thrilled with the final result and would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Pontell to anyone considering a surgical or cosmetic procedure. He is a credit to his profession.

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
by Ashley J. on May 23rd, 2013

Dr. Pontell spent ample time with me and my husband during my consultation for rhinoplasty. He did not try and rush the free consultation, but instead was willing to engage in small talk with my husband and answer all questions pertaining to my concerns. Dr. Pontell used computer imaging to manipulate my photo and showed me how I would look after the nose job. The nose Dr. Pontell created with the computer program fit my face perfectly and did not appear to be the typical up-turned nose so common after a rhinoplasty. After my consultation I decided that due to Dr. Pontell’s calming and thorough demeanor I would move forward with a nose job. I scheduled my surgery and unfortunately had to cancel my original date and reschedule. Dr. Pontell’s office manager Kay was very accommodating and kind during this process. My rhinoplasty went wonderfully and my mom (who took me for surgery) was extremely impressed with Dr. Pontell’s attentiveness after surgery at the hospital. Dr. Pontell called me that night to make sure I was doing alright. He gave me his personal cell phone number and urged me to call with any concerns. I did not need to reach out to him because any aches, pains, swelling, or bleeding were fully expected due to Dr. Pontell’s in depth explanation of post-surgery occurrences. I am approximately 3 months post-op and am absolutely thrilled with the results! My nose looks identical to the original pre-op photo Dr. Pontell created. I do experience some minor swelling in the mornings (it's only been 3 months so this is expected), but aside from this I believe my nose is basically perfect! I highly recommend Dr. Pontell. He is a kind, thorough, patient, and excellent plastic surgeon.

|  Blephroplasty/upper and lower eyelids  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2013

Everything from beginning to end was extremely professional. I have had 3 follow-up visits and I am very pleased with the results.

|  Excellent Experience  |  show details
by Jen on Apr 18th, 2013

I recently had both a rhinoplasty and chin implant. It's something I've considered for a very long time and recently decided to consult with Dr. Pontell on a recommendation. He was amazing. I couldn't be happier. It is me, but better! I highly recommend his services to anyone considering this option.

|  facelift,rinoplasty,chin implant  |  show details
by mark on Mar 29th, 2013

I am 55 years old and decided to have plastic surgery on my face.After talking with Dr.Pontell I decided to have 3 procedures done.He explain how each procedure would be done.I felt he was very knowledgeable and put my mind at ease.I did alot of research on these procedures and the risks involved and talk to other doctors and decided to go with Dr.Pontell.Well 4 months later and I am very happy with the results.Dr.Pontell is very skillful at his profession and would recommend him to anyone.

|  facelift  |  show details
by kathleen pietras on Jan 26th, 2013

I am thrilled with my results. Dr. Pontell did a beautiful job. My profile and jawline is back. I could not be happier. Dr. Pontell is so professional and calming. I had the upmost confidence right from the beginning. Dr. Pontell made the whole procedure of my facelift seem effortless, with his confident demeanor and good followup procedures. My face looks fresher, jawls are gone and my neck is smooth and firm. His staff is great .

|  Facelift and lower Bleph  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2013

Dr. Pontell gave me a great result. He also provides excellent prepop and postop instr. with expectations. My friends tell me I look much healthier and younger. I would recommed him.

|  Rhinoplasty  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2012

Dr. Pontell is a fantastic surgeon, and I would highly recommend him to anyone thinking of any type of facial surgery.He is very caring, calm, confident, and prompt in getting to you at your designated appointment time Please see Dr. Pontell for your consultation, he is really gifted

Nov 5th, 2012

I felt heard by Dr. Pontell, he was available to talk out what the procedures and options were.He did a very good job and is an artist and perfectionist which was just what I wanted and appreciated. I appreciated his calm and patient personality...I felt like he did an excellent job, he is very, very good at what he does...a master..and there was no real pain, just a little uncomfortable while healing....from a pleased and grateful patient

|  Rhinoplasty Correction  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2012

My original rhinoplasty ( at age 14) was done due to a car accident. At that time, the surgeon was unable to deliver the expected outcome and to make this short, after 28 years of "nasal difficulties", I finally was ready to have the procedure corrected. Dr. Pontell is caring and kind. He listens and is easy to speak and joke with, he treats you like a friend. He took alot of time with me and my husband explaining the procedure and outcome. He was able to show computerized photos of what my nose would look like after surgery. Dr.Pontell and his staff were available for questions. They completed my FMLA paperwork in a timely manner. The surgery was done 9/11/12 and when the cast was removed 1 week later, I literally cried with joy. If I would have known that I could have a "normal" looking nose with minimal pain and doneby a caring physician, I would have seen Dr. Pontell years ago! Please don't hesitate to book an appoinment with Dr. Pontell. He was able to reconstruct a nose that someone else had already operated on years ago and make a masterpiece. I am forever grateful!

|  Very honest about what you need  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2012

I thought I knew what procedures I needed to look younger and better and I met with four different plastic surgeons. Three of them were willing to sell me everything I asked for. Dr. Pontell was the only one who advised me that I did not need all the procedures. He then quoted me a lower price for less work. This was a few months ago and I had him do exactly what he said I needed and nothing more and I am extremely happy with my results. I am so grateful to Dr. Pontell for his honesty and expertise in not selling me more than I needed and doing a beautiful job!! Thank you Dr. Pontell !!

|  Ultherapy Treatment  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

I saw this procedure in the newspaper and I called the contact number for further information. I went to see Dr.Pontell for a consultation and I felt very comfortable with his demeanor and explanation of the procedure, the possible effects and any expectations. I scheduled my procedure that day. Dr. Pontell talked to me the whole time explaining everything he was doing and everything I would be feeling. Dr. Pontell has a great "bedside manner" and his communication was outstanding. The office was very soothing and well organized. I was very satisfied with my experience and I have scheduled another procedure.

|  OUTSTANDING PROFESSIONAL  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

I was somewhat hesitant about having rhinoplasty although I have hated my nose for the last thirty years. I did hours of research online to find a doctor. Dr.Pontell met all my criteria, and came highly regarded. From my consultatation I knew he was my surgeon. He was very realistic with what to expect, and was very honest with what was best for my face. He is not about surgery for the sake of surgery. He truly wants the patient to look his or her best at the end of the procedure. His focus was achieving the best nose for my face with an emphasis on symmetry. I had surgery seven weeks ago, and I am already thrilled with the outcome. Dr. Pontell was wonderful the day of surgery and after. His follow up care is excellent, and he is always available to answer any concerns. He truly strives to help his patient's achieve the very best. I would highly recommend Dr. Pontell to any person considering a rhinoplasty.

|  Let's Face It  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2012

The office environment is a pleasant environment in which you are courteously welcomed to the practice as a new patient. Dr. Pontell thoroughly explained the procedure that I wanted to have done, as well as presenting realistic expectations and honestly advising me as to whether I would be a good candidate. I was very pleased with the end result, and would definitely recommend this doctor to anyone who would ask my opinion.

|  Excellent surgeon  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2012

Very careful and skilled surgeon. Performed my procedure, leaving hardly a mark only 2 weeks out. Very responsive to questions and concerns. Would definitely recommend Dr. Pontell.

Aug 3rd, 2012

I had a facelift by Dr. Pontell over a year ago that I was so happy with that I went back to him for his nonsurgical tummytuck. He gave me his Liposonix treatment and it took a couple of months but my waist is smaller and I am very happy with the treatment. He is a very sweet and patient man which also makes it nice to go to him.

|  Best decision I ever made.  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2012

Dr. P deserves 5 stars but 4 was the highest rating. I would do it again in a second. He did such a beautiful job on my rhinoplasty and I absolutely love my results. I recommend him to everyone, he's the best!

|  Fixed my nose!  |  show details
Jul 4th, 2012

I had a rhinoplasty done two years ago and the surgeon did a terrible job! I was so unhappy and suffered with low self-esteem due to the surgery. I consulted with five reputable facial plastic surgeons and I chose to go with Dr. Pontell. I am so happy with my revision rhinoplasty. He gave me a nose that fits my face, and it looks great! He fixed all the problem areas. He is very knowledgeable and a very talented surgeon. He is worth traveling to see.

|  Fantastic!  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2012

Dr Pontell is an amazing facial plastic surgeon. I went to see dr pontell after extensive research. I had enormous under eye bags since childhood from hereditary. Dr p did an lower blepharoplasty on me and it was one of the best decisions of my life! I look 12 years younger and it's completely natural results, no one knows why I look amazing they just know something's glowing and fresh about me! Dr P is highly knowledgeable and experienced and he puts you at ease. He checked on me numerous occasions while I was recovering. He answers all questions with patience. He's the best!

|  great experience  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2012

Went to see Dr. Pontell for an ulthera treatment. He spent a very long time with me explaining all the options and the predicted results. He did not "oversell" the expected results of the procedure and I am very happy with the results. Would return for another type of procedure!

|  The Best  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2012

Dr. Pontell is worth talking to, if and when you consider having a mini-facelift or full face lift.

|  Absolutely Phenomenal Experience  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2012

I first met Dr. Pontell when he so adroitly repaired the grapefruit sized hole left on my my husband's scalp after a Mohs procedure. Three years later, his skill and expertise, coupled with his attentive and responsive personal manner, made him the only choice for me when I had a mini lift and upper/lower bleph. His extensive experience and the fact that he specializes in facial plastic surgery was an additional reassurance of a perfect outcome. I could not be more pleased with my results and I highly recommend Dr. Pontell.

|  Septo/rhinoplasty with amazing results!  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2011

I love, love, LOVE my new nose! I just can't say enough positive things about my entire experience with Dr. Pontell from the initial consult, every interaction with his support staff, pre-surgery, everyone at Riddle Memorial, post-surgery support and follow-up. Everything absolutely exceeded my high expectations (not easy to do)!! I spent months researching and consulting with 4 different specialists/surgeons and made the easy decision to have my septo/rhinoplasty done by Dr. Pontell. It was important for me to find someone board certified who specialized in facial plastic surgery. Dr. Pontell's credentials are amazing - he truly is a gifted surgeon. I can breathe better for the first time in my life, and my nose looks natural and not at all overdone. I highly recommend and would return to Dr. Pontell in the future for other needs. Thank you Dr. Pontell!

Dec 14th, 2011

I recently had a mini-face lift and eyelid surgery done by Dr. Pontell and could not be any happier with the results. It has been a life changing experience for me. My only regret is not having done this sooner! Dr. Pontell is a very talented surgeon and I highly recommend him! I will not hesitate to return to him for other procedures.1

Dec 1st, 2011

Dr. Pontell is undoubtedly a gifted surgeon. He came highly recommended by two friends so I felt confident with my choice. He was consistently attentive and responsive to my needs. The procedure went great, I felt adequately prepared for the recovery and I had no complications. My nose looks fantastic. People who know I had it done love the way the new nose softens my face but does not look overdone. I will say that Dr. Pontell is more of a low-key guy which is different from the over the top cosmetic surgeons you generally see on TV. Overall I would 100% recommend Dr. Pontell and I am thrilled with the results.

|  Amazing rhinoplasty results!!  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

I recently had a rhinoplasty done by Dr. Pontell, and I am amazed at the results!! He gave me such an amazing nose that actually fits my face and looks so natural. It's the nose I wish I would have been born with. I was very nervous about getting this procedure done and he was so understanding and answered all of my questions. I highly recommend this surgeon!!

|  Changed my life  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2011

I spent 40 years with a nose I hated and a problem breathing through my nose. Dr. Pontell gave me a beautiful nose and cured my breathing problem. It is not an understatement to say he changed my life. He is also a very sweet and patient and not in any way pushy Dr. I feel blessed to have had him operate on me!

|  Cris  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2011

I researched plastic surgeons and felt Dr. Pontell was the right Dr. for my needs. I am very pleased with my mini-face lift and eyelid surgery. I plan to return for Fraxel surgery soon. Dr. Pontell does not push you into procedures and the hour drive one way was definitely worth it. I am so glad I found Dr. Pontell.

Jul 21st, 2011

Dr. Pontell is the most talented plastic surgeon!!! I have been extremely pleased with all of my results and I will be going back to him for additional treatments.

|  Val D.  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2011

I found Dr. Pontell to be not only a gifted artist, but a warm, kind, and understanding person. He is the best at his craft. He provides thorough explanations and is as compassionate and professional as a physician could be. I come from a health care quality management background and am an RN, so you can be sure I don't heap praise on doctors unless it is well deserved. I am thrilled with my results! My husband also chimed in that he really likes Dr. Pontell and respects his work. I traveled 2 hours each way to see the doctor and it was well worth the trip.

Jun 15th, 2011

Had plastic surgery with Dr. Pontell and very pleased with the results.

Apr 23rd, 2011

Dr. Pontell is a Top Doc!

Apr 21st, 2011

Been a patient of Dr. Pontell's for years and would not go to anyone else!

|  A True Professional  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2011

I have dealt with many physicians and multiple plastic surgeons. Dr. Pontell is by far the most skilled, talented and caring doctor I have ever worked with. He is a true "artist" and perfectionist. If you want to work with a real professional, look no further then Dr. Jonathan Pontell. He is an artisan and I would recommend him to anyone who wants only the best! Thank you Dr. Pontell.

Mar 19th, 2011

Very happy with the results of my surgery.

|  Best face forward  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2011

Dr Pontell is the best there is.Before and after surgery,takes his time and listens and he listens.

|  satisfied patient  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2011

satisfied patient

|  Happy with results!  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2010

I recently switched to getting Botox from another place to Dr. Pontell and was surprised to discover that not all Botox providers are the same. The results are much much better with Dr. Pontell. I realize there is definitely an art to giving a Botox treatment!

|  Highly satisfied  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2010

I had cosmetic surgery with Dr. Pontell and I am very pleased with the results. Having plastic surgery has changed my life and I highly recommend it to anyone who really needs it like I did.

|  Happy patient  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2010

Good experience with Dr. Pontell. I'm a happy patient :)

|  beautiful results  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2010

I had a rhinoplasty by another doctor who is very well known and was unhappy with the results and the doctor told me he couldn't do any better. I went to Dr. Pontell and he told me he could improve my nose and the result was a HUGE improvement. I would never trust another doctor for plastic surgery again. Dr. Pontell is a master!!

|  Very positive experiences  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2010

I had been going to Dr. Pontell for Botox treatments and then decided on a face lift and eye job with him and was ecstatic with the results. I look amazing. Definitely only very good experiences with Dr. Pontell.

Jun 14th, 2010

Dr. Pontell gave me a mini-lift and bleph...with pleasing and natural results. He is down-to-earth and does not try to push more surgery than is really needed...that made me trust him. He did a wonderful job of minimizing any incisions. I will very likely go back to him for another short procedure.

|  Very Very Very happy!  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2010

Dr. Pontell is amazing. He did a beautiful job on my facelift. He is a very very sweet and gentle person. After asking around about plastic surgeons he is the ONLY one I could not find anyone to say anything bad about. I think that says it all!

|  Excellent results and extremely nice  |  show details
May 22nd, 2010

I had Dr. Pontell give me a complete makeover including several plastic surgery procedures and am very very happy with the results. Dr. Pontell is also very sweet and down to earth.

|  mini-facelift  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2010

I had a mini-facelift with Dr. Pontell 6 months ago. The procedure was very easy and Dr. Pontell did a great job. I have sent many of my friends to him.

|  Wonderful Experience!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAA  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2010

I first met Dr. Pontell when he gave me a nose job a few years ago and recently went back to him for a face lift and an eye job. The results are amazing!!! Dr. Pontell is a brilliant, talented and caring surgeon!! He is a very gentle man and not pushy at all. His work looks natural and is flawless. He has a great reputation among doctors and non-doctors as the nurses in the hospital raved about his work as well!!! He is the only plastic surgeon I would trust to work on me!!!!

|  AWESOME AND LIKE NO OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  |  show details
Dec 29th, 2009

I found Dr. Pontell because a general plastic surgeon sent me to him for a revision stating he is the best around. He did an awesome job on me and has since operated on a number of people I know and they are all incredibly pleased with their results and with Dr. Pontell's kind and gentle manner. He is amazingly talented and the fact that another surgeon said he is known to be the best around speaks volumes for me!!!!!!!