Obstetrician & Gynecologist

Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Find another doctor  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2013

The doctor is okay, the staff rude and unprofessional. My insurance paid the doctor's office, then, I paid the copay on day of visit, then I received a 300 bill, called and paid 100 over the phone, a week later called to pay another 100, the lady who answered very rudely informed me they do not take partial payments, I told her i will pay the remaining 100 next week, she refused to take my 100, she stated that they need it all today. Two days later I get an invoice from this office stating this was my third and final notice, first letter I had every received from them about this particular matter, , stating I owed over 600 dollars! I called my insurance company who stated to me the charges were paid by them on the exact charges the office was billing me for! So, they are billing the insurance company then trying to bill me for a invoice already paid! Beware of this office and it's staff, sad a doctor so nice has employs such unprofessional people

|  Great OBGYN  |  show details
by Oxley on Feb 4th, 2013

Finally a Dr. who takes his time. I was a new patient, 46 years old with a few issues going on. Dr. Weinstein was very patient, asked a lot of questions, typed notes in his computer, actually listened to my concerns. He is extremely thorough & knowledgable. He was helpful to change up my medications to get some less expensive ones which can be an ongoing battle. My last Dr. who I really liked was in my exam room the last few years all of 40 seconds. What a nice refreshing change. Dr. Weinstein's bedside manner is great. Easy to talk to and actually has a sense of humor. I have told all my friends about him. He did my surgery & my best girlfriend got to meet him 2 days later. He came in & chatted with us both for about 30 minutes. She really liked him as well & commented on how nice he was. Great Dr., extremely down to earth, I'd highly recommend him.

|  Recommended  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2012

I really like Dr. Weinstein and his personality. What I appreciate the most is how he actually takes the time to CARE about his patients. I've never seen something like it anywhere else. I really feel like he knows who each person and wants the best for them. His office is also beautiful and conveniently located and his staff is friendly.

|  Nice Doctor  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2012

I have had a few experiences with his office and they have been pleasant. I like his honesty and concern toward his patients. After my first visit, I told my husband that they only thing I didn't like about him was his lack of eye contact. It was awkward for a professional not to avoid your eyes, but I liked everything else about him. Therefore, I continued my care with him and the more I get to know him, the better the eye contact gets/the less it bothers me. I would recommend him because of his philosophy, experience and I love how you don't have to wait long in his office. Great customer care.

|  Great OB/GYN!  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2012

Dr. Weinstein helped me accomplish my dream birth! I had a VBAC (vaginal birth) after 2 c sections! Dr. Weinstein was encouraging, but also strightforward in explaining my chances and options. As an R.N., I found Dr. Weinstein to be a gem among doctors. He actually listens to you and does everything in his power to give you the birth you desire,but keeps close watch over the safety of mom and baby. He explains all testing and results. And as a nurse, one of my favorite things was the ability to get my lab results online through the patient portal. It's really convenient and a quick way to get results and just communicate back and forth with Dr. W and the staff. The wait time in the office was always minimal and he takes a limited number of patients at a time, which means less wait and more time for each patient to have face time with the doctor. The office staff are always friendly, cheerful and knowledgeable. My husband and I enjoyed forming a rapport with Dr. Weinstein and the office staff over the last 10 months. He is not your average OB, he goes way beyond and above average. Not many docs will offer VBAC, twin vaginal deliveries, and turning breech babies!He does all of this on a regular basis, and I'm so thankful! I wouldn't have had a chance at VBAC if he hadn't turned my breech baby at 36 weeks! Truly caring, concerned and safe doctor who I appreciate so much!

|  A VERY BAD DAY FOR THE DOCTOR  |  show details
May 3rd, 2012

I was trying to find a doctor in the Plano/Little Elm/Frisco area and did A LOT of research. I found 20 reviews on Dr. Weinstein with very little negative reviews. Also, he was a huge supporter of VBACs and I was very much interested in having one. Based on this, I decided to go to Dr. Weinstein as my new doctor for my 3rd pregnancy. When I got to the office the front desk staff was SOOOOO nice. They were so nice, in fact that it almost made up for Dr. Weinstein. Almost. I waited about 20 minutes and then went to the exam room. The nurse that came in was also SOOOOO nice and again almost made up for Dr. Weinsteins behavior. She took the normal stats and then said that Dr. Weinstein would call me into his office and talk to me there before the exam. I had read womens reviews about Dr. Weinstein doing this and was looking forward to this. I dont particular enjoy having my legs spread apart while discussing my concerns. It definitely did NOT meet my expectations. In my opinion, Dr. Weinstein comes off like he has a hard time interacting socially so he forces himself to ask questions to distract from this. I say this because he almost NEVER makes eye contact. My mother told me to never trust anyone that cant make eye contact and now I believe her. The eye contact might not have been as disturbing if he actually had bedside manners with his questions. When someone asks questions they usually wait and listen to the answer. Dr. Weinstein NEVER did. He cut me off on EVERY question he asked. I tried not to think much of it but then his attitude pushed me over the edge. He treated me like an idiot. He asked me about my last 2 C-sections. I explained on the 1st C-Section I wasnt sure of the details because I was so out of it and didnt remember. And the 2nd one happened because of the 1st one. I told him that I would tell him what I knew about the 1st one but it would be better if he got the records from my other doctor. So I told him what I could remember. He then shook his head at me and said Well, your answer makes no sense. Why would anyone give you a C-section based on that story? I told him again that I wasnt sure of the details and he snorted and said Well, yeah, thats for sure. He then told me that if I wanted to I could get a VBAC but he didnt recommend it based on my faulty story. I asked if we could wait until he got the details from my other doctor to make the decision and he said Yeah, sure but it sure sounds shady. I was appalled but it didnt stop there. We went into the exam room where he did my exam. He was doing the Pap smear when he asked if I knew my cervix was irritated. I kinda shrugged and said Im not sure how I would know that. He talked to me like I was an idiot and half-rolled his eyes and said You didnt exam your cervix when you felt pain? I told him that I didnt feel any pain so, no, I didnt exam my cervix. He made a noise and said Well. Then he did the sonogram and even before I could see a blob-like baby on the screen (since its so early) he said Well, it looks like youre completely wrong with the due date. This baby is WAY too small to be as far along as you told us. He said this in a way where I felt like he was accusing me of lying to him. I explained that I kept track of my periods and I was fairly regular. He said Well, Im fairly certain youre 6 weeks along. Then after about 5 minutes of trying to find the baby and realizing the baby was crammed in a weird position he said Well you are 9 weeks but that baby is just in the weirdest position. Anyone would have thought you were 6 weeks. No apology for being a jerk and not even an apologetic tone. I have never in life had such a worst first-time visit with any doctor, let alone an OB that I wanted to deliver my child. Needless to say, I will NOT be using Dr. Weinstein to deliver and have instead found an OB in Carrollton that will do VBACs. I wanted to deliver at Baylor Frisco but not with an OB that cant even make eye contact with you while he insults you! I am not sure how he received so many positive reviews- maybe this was a really, really, really bad day? Or maybe no one cares about being cut off while theyre talking and doesnt need eye contact? Not me!

|  Best Dr in the World  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2011

Dr. Weinstein, listens and really partners with you. I was referred to him by myself. I read his web page and he said he takes care of your "physical and emotional needs." I had pain and my last OBGYN said to do a hysterectomy but he could not tell me why he was quick to make this decision. I brought my report to Dr. Weinstein and he said the report I gave him had no evidence that a hysterectomy would get rid of my pain. I had a previous OBGYN who required you to spend 30 min typing everything and your history on their online form but when you asked them a question they gave you the answer they wanted, or did not even ask some of the hard questions we can not ask outloud. Dr. Weinstein is professional and makes you feel comfortable about your body, how it works and what to do when it doesn't. I love this doctor I recommend him to anyone who wants to partner with a doctor to help you make the correct choices for your own health. A !

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2011

I would recomend Dr. Weinstein to anyone looking for a good ob/gyn. I am in my late 40's, my children are grown and I was in so much pain, had heavy bleeding, no engery, and many other problems. Dr. Weinstein listened to me and we talked about my options. I decided to have a hysterectomy. He has been wonderful throughout the whole process and easily accessable. If I call his office or send him an email via the patient portal he responds very quickly. His office staff is warm and friendly, Baylor is a beautiful hospital, (the food is even great) and the staff there is wonderful as well. He doesn't over schedule so you don't have a long wait in his office. I am two weeks post-op and I couldn't be happier with my decision and my Doctor!

|  happy patient  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2011

amazing staff, great doctor! enough said.

|  show details
Jul 2nd, 2011

When it comes to really wanting to find out what the problem may be there is definitely a lack of concern here. They only want your money or what money you have and do not care if you are in pain at all. Coming from a background where one of the family members was a Charge Nurse at a very well known hospital in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area according to them it is time to change doctors just due to the lack of concern because some people in the USA do not have health insurance and have to pay out of pocket to receive any kind of care and then that care is really not real and it is all in your head. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone that I truly care about. By the way this family member worked at Baylor! Word does get around...

|  show details
by Courtney from Little Elm on Feb 9th, 2011

Dr. Weinstein is the best doctor I have been to. He is up front and to the point and unlike many,many doctors he has a sense of humor. Many issues require serious attention in which I received, but if there was an opportunity to lighten the mood he did. I had a hysterectomy and I have felt wonderful. I have five great kids and started having issues that my mother and grandmother had and Dr. Wenstein saved me from the crap they went through. After the surgery I expected horrible pain and I was mainly sore. I took the pain medication for two days just in case and I have had no problems. I would recommend him to anyone who wants an honest doctor and the best results.

|  Frisco's Best  |  show details
by CFORD on Jan 11th, 2011

My husband and I live in the Little Elm, Frisco area and were fortunate enough to find Dr. Weinstein and his staff to help us through our first pregnancy. We began this process with another Dr. who didn't seem to care much about our concerns regarding the process, confidentiality or the cost. When I first contacted this office, Dottie the office manager fully understood my concerns and was able to give me answers about what to expect. From my very first appointment through delivery the staff was very professional, caring and understanding. Dr Weinstein is an awesome Dr. who is very compassionate and during all of his consultations with my husband and I he took time to answer our questions and always remained cost conscious with RX's and fees. He went a step further to recommend one of the very best high risk doctors in Frisco for all of my sonograms, all covered by my insurance. His very plush office mirrors that of the hospital. My friends and family were blown away by my recovery suite, the nursing staff, and overall appearance of this hospital. It is unlike any other Baylor hospital in Dallas. You can see for yourself as Dr. Weinstein's office is conveniently located inside the professional building adjacent to the hospital, a convenience that was very much appreciated during my pregnancy. I intended to surround myself and my newborn with the very best and that was exactly what I got. As a result of it we have a very healthy, beautiful daughter who now has an awesome pedestrian who I am pleased with, also recommended Dr. Weinstein.

|  Dr. Weinstein is a great doctor!  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2010

I am 57 years old and Dr. Weinstein was the first doctor to ever spend more than 15 minutes talking to me about my health issues. My husband and I sat in his office and talked for over 30 minutes. He cared enough to listen and offer solid, detailed, fully-explained responses. After a year of almost non-stop bleeding getting worse and worse, I was weak, exhausted and frightened. Within a few weeks under his care, my troubles were dealt with. I'm not bleeding anymore, my hormones are getting back to normal and I'm feeling better. It's been 6 weeks now and I feel like a healthy, strong woman again. He's a great doctor!

|  Dr. Weinstein saved my life  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2010

Dr.Weinstein saved my life, I walked in his office a 27 yr. 278 lbs and I use emotional a wrack, haven't seen a Dr since the birth of my 17m. I had so many problems w/ body I feared cancer, but soon as he being talking what me all my anxieties felt. Dr.Weinstein said, " don't worry by time u leave here we will have u all fixed up"and he did. I've changed my eat habits, exercisem every day ect-ect. All my med problems have left/ decreased. 3m later My wt. Is 230 and ct. its HARD work ,but I feel if someone can work Hard for me, so can I. Think you Dr. Weinstein and the team, always patient N caring. Ms.SS

|  Just a Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
by Sara Fleming on Mar 9th, 2010

I moved to McKinney, Texas last year and had seen another gynecologist for my annual exam. At that time, I told her I was always tired. She did not listen; in fact, she was in the room with me for maybe 5 minutes doing a breast exam and Pap smear. She made me wait 1.5 hours in one of those flimsy gowns before she came into see to me.Earlier this year I saw an ad for Dr, Weinstein in Living Magazine so I decided to try a male gynecologist. I could see he was a family man from the photos and I liked what he said about his approach to medicine. I came to his office and the staff was great from the front office person to his nurse.He took me in his office and discussed my problems; turns out, I have heavier than normal periods. Dr. Weinstein did a complete physical exam and lab workup including a rectal exam, which was positive for blood and determined I, had Iron deficiency anemia, as well as a fibroid uterus. He immediately referred me to a GI doctor who performed an evaluation of my intestine within 2 weeks. Turns out, I had four precancerous polyps, which I had removed, and he started me on iron. My vaginal bleeding continued so he did an ultrasound and biopsy. Which showed the location of the fibroids, which he explained were not likely cancerous. He offered medicine to control the bleeding as well as anl ablation and lastly a Robot Assisted Hysterectomy. He gave me written info about each and even invited my husband to come to another visit if there were any questions,My husband came with me and we decided on hysterectomy as I was finished having children. He was very detailed about the risks and benefits. I had a robot-assisted hysterectomy on a Thursday, went home on Friday. Very little pain and I went back to work in 2 weeks.It has been 2 months and I realize both the anemia and bleeding were really affecting my life and that Dr. Weinstein sending me to the colon doctor saved me from getting colon cancer. I thank g-d for helping me find him.Thanks again Dr. Weinstein, My entire family appreciates your help. I wish you continued success with your new practice in Frisco.

|  Easy to Talk To, Good Sense of Humor, Very Helpful  |  show details
by Cindy Fredricks on Mar 8th, 2010

Dr. Weinstein is just a down to earth doctor. He talks to you in easy to understand terms and gave me options for my problems.I also liked that he was so interested in his children so much it made it easy to relate to him.

|  HE'S THE BESY OBGYN I'VE EVER KNOWN  |  show details