Dr. Jonathan Levine MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Fort Lauderdale, FL

• Good
  • Bad

January 20th, 2017
Honestly the most skilled, professional surgeon in South Florida and his kindness, compassion and bedside manner is unrivaled!

July 19th, 2016
The doctor only takes payment up front, and demands to get paid directly. Claims to not be part of Holy Cross, but he's on their website. Which all would have been more acceptable if only his office had said something about upfront direct payment when I first called- 2 weeks before the appointment. Horrible experience!!!

June 9th, 2016
talking with a friend not a DR
fantastic Doctor! i will never go to anyone else. long wait time BUT worth the wait, he takes the time with each of his patients and you feel like your talking with a friend not a Doctor. he spends ample time with you and address all your concerns. follow up is good, takes normal time to get back to you. there is no one i would trust more to operate on me or my loved ones

November 18th, 2015
My first experience with Dr. Levine was 9 years ago when he had removed my daughter's gallbladder after pregnancy. He had left a favorable impression so when I needed mine removed, I knew exactly who I wanted to do the surgery. Dr. Levine was wonderful before, during and after the procedure. I hope that I never need another surgery but, if so, he is the first person I will go to. You might spend some time in his waiting room but I have found that you will normally will when it comes to excellent physicians.

October 18th, 2015
RN
Amazing surgeon and diagnostician Very confident and ethical

June 24th, 2015
He's wonderful
Dr. Levine is one of the most caring doctors I've experienced.

May 9th, 2015
Has saved us both

August 16th, 2014
SICKENED
I went to Doctor Levine's office( paid my $50.00 copay) because I was need and in Pain to have my Gall Bladder removed.I was taken to the room and was first seen by LEANDRA who was cold and ice,then Dr. Levine who came in and seemed glad to see me with a hug, he reassured me don't worry will get it out and he might be able to squeeze me in on his Friday schedule the next day the Priscilla called from his office and said we will do the surgery tomorrow, I was like Yeah! Priscilla then called back and said I have to a clearance from my Primary Doctor and have blood work for mine was outdated and an EKG, So I hurried in panic called my Primary Doctor and (paid 25.00 copay) I was lucky they where able to see me right away, an hour before the EKG the Meanest Girl from Dr. Levine's officePriscilla called and said I need to pay 409.00 or he will not do the surgery. I said where did that come from and she said I owed them $300.00 from a surgery 2 years ago which I was unaware of that I owed anything and $109.00 for the deductible. for the gallbladder surgery that I did not have yet.She was totally un professional and stated if you don't pay it the Dr. will cancel the surgery I said you have to be kidding she was very persistent, basically threating me and she said she would ask the Doctor if I can make payments. I again asked for Dr Levine to call me no call in the meantime I had to go and have the EKG at my Primary Doctor after speaking with her and needless to say she so upset me that my blood Pressure was 153/100 and I failed the EKG saying I had a heart attack my Primary Dr. who now will not release me till I go to a Heart Specialist my Primary Dr. sent me to Holy Cross Cardiologist and (paid another 50.00 Co Pay) He says I need to under go a series of 2 test that will take 2 days, so I spent 2 days having both test and was under extreme stress, I get the results well I am the Cardiologist and he releases me to have the Gallbladder Surgery and I am scheduled the next day at Holly Cross, On my way home from the Cardiologist Priscilla calls and says the Cardiologist called and said it was okay to go ahead with the surgery, she then says she needs the payment before the surgery, I said some will come to the office on Friday and make the 50.00 payment after the surgery she said it needs to be today, I said I have been at the Cardiologist since noon and was not able to eat and or drink and it was now going on 4pm,I again asked to have The Dr. call me and that someone would come to there office on Friday and make the payment I again do not eat and or drink anything from 9pm for surgery is scheduled the next day at noon. I go to Holy Cross everyone there efficient, organized, and Happy. They take me upstairs and I am in the Surgical Waiting room and Dr. Levine's assistant Leandra comes to the waiting room that was completely full and asked to if she can talk to me in front of the waiting room door open asking me if I had the $50.00 this was at Noon right before my scheduled surgery or they will have to cancel the surgery I told her how un professional she was and she walked away with her mean COLD AS ICE ATTIDUDE. I found out from the hospital that Dr. Levine's office cancelled my surgery the day before. When I went to leave the hospital all the people that were so wonderful where shocked at then cancelling my surgery and were sickened by this, I called there office today before I posted this and asked to have Dr. Levine call me. NO CALL!!!

May 16th, 2014
Wonderful, highly skilled surgeon!
My two consulting doctors, also wonderful, referred me to Dr. Levine for surgery to remove my gallbladder after a major and minor multiple attacks. I also had a partially obstructed stone in the bile duct discovered in surgery. THIS DOCTOR IS A VERY GIFTED, HIGHLY SKILLED SURGEON, IS WONDERFUL, AND MY HERO. I am forever grateful to him. My operation was at Imperial Point. I was told by multiple nurses there he was "the best". He came to check on me the next day after surgery at 6:30 a.m. And explained everything found during the surgery, ,my post-op instructions, etc. My hospital roommate had an associate visit her and did not get the explanations or attention I got, and they came and were out way later in the day. My post-op follow-up was equally thorough. Dr. Levine, if you read this, thank you once again from the bottom of my heart. If I have any other medical condition requiring future surgery, Dr. Levine is my surgeon. Thank you, Dr. Levine, again. I am forever grateful. He is 5 stars or 10 stars if I could rate him as such. Your surgeon and outcome post-op is very dependent on having the right guy. Gallbladder surgery ishould only be performed by highly experienced surgeons. This doc is the real deal.

August 14th, 2013
Patient
I spent over two hours in the waiting room after my appointment time-- which was a morning appointment. I can't even imagine what the backlog would be in the afternoon. The staff was not courteous. I was then transferred to a patient room where I waited nearly 30 minutes. He was very apologetic and nice. When I did get to see him, he seemed knowledgeable, but he did not follow through with the MRI prescription he mentioned (I had to call his office several times to get it emailed), and when I called to set up an appointment to review the MRI results. his staff said he'd call me back, which he never has. I It has been 5 days. I just called again and they said "We can't say when he'd call back to discuss." I asked if by the end of the week. She said, well, probably, but she can't say for sure.

July 22nd, 2013
He's the Best!!
I traveled from Virginia to Ft. Lauderdale's Holy Cross Hospital because I had heard such wonderful things bout Dr. Levine...and they were all true. Even other doctors highly recommend him. I had a portion of my sigmoid colon removed (along with my ovaries) laporascopically, and all I have is a 1" scar beside my belly-button! I was walking the next day, and had only a Tylenol drip because the pain was so minimal. He was kind, caring, and an excellent surgeon!! I would recommend him to anyone. You may wait a little in his waiting room (another sign of how good he is), but he's the doctor you want.

February 25th, 2013
Dr. Levine is a wonderful surgeon. I realize he is not there to chat, he cuts to fix and gets out. That is exactly what he did and I am soo grateful to be rid of my gallbladder and the giant stone that was in it. I was at Holy Cross and all the nurses hold him in the highest regard and followed his instructions to the letter. If you want someone to hold your hand, bring your wife, sister, mom...but if you want someone to heal you, Dr. Levine is your man!!