Overall Review

November 9th, 2015
Dr Samuels doesn't listen when you explain how you feel. He basis everything on blood test results and sometimes numbers are not the only way to treat a patient. He can also be snippy at times. I have seen him for some time and I am going to have to get another physician. At this time he is not helping me to have a better quality of life, I feel my illness is getting worse.

May 22nd, 2012
I trust Dr. Samuels!
I have a hard to pin-point, hard to treat autoinflammatory / autoimmune disease and Dr. Samuels is always there for me. He answers my questions, always answers my phone calls, and takes me seriously. I've seen people all over the country and I really appreciate the care he gives. Bite the bullet and deal with his somewhat disorganized office staff and you'll get pretty great care.

February 7th, 2012
Great Doctor
Dr.Samuels is kind,caring and very patient. He takes the time to listen and ask questions. I would highly recommend him to all. He is the best Rheumatologist their is. Rheumatology

October 4th, 2011
Rushed
I went to see her because she took my insurance and because of the reputation of the institution. She rushed through the visit and did not spent the time to answer my questions and concerns. I decided to fork over the cash and see another physician at the same institution who didn't take insurance. What a difference did that make! I guess in this life you do get what you pay for!

June 11th, 2009
So So Doctor
I went to Dr. Samuels when my other doctor no longer took my insurance. His staff was very helpful in transferring medical records, and arranging a speedy appointment. That was about it. Dr. Samuels really didn't listen to my complaints, and therefore did not investigate them. Some of my symptoms were in line with auto-immune disease, and others were note. For example, the overwheling fatigue was related to being anemic, which was overlooked. Another doctor put me on I.V. iron injections over the course of three months, and that helped. I also had skin and eye problems that were never addressed, along with abdominal problems which required hospitalization. Although very nice, Dr. Samuels was not effective, and my condition continued to deteriorate until I finally switched to another phsyician who really works for me now. Of note, Michael, who runs the office, can sometimes be a bit snippy, and I simply felt unconfortable dealing with him. He is a nice person, but always managed to make me feel nervouse and worse, which is not a good thing if you are sick. If you have a very straight forward problem, then Dr. Samuels is good. He takes all insurance plans, is easy to talk with, and has great bedside manners. However, if your medical history and/or complaints are complicated, which they usually are when atuo-immune disease is involved, then Dr. Sameuls might not be for you. He also bases everything, EVERYTHING, on blood results. However, people with auto-immune disease know that such reports fluctuate from test to test, and often do not reflect what is reallyn going on. Indeed, many auto-immune diseases reveal normal blood reports, but because Dr. Samuels takes the report at face value, he does not dig a little deeper to discover the underlying pathology. Again, he's a very nice man, and I always enjoyed seeing him, but because my condition actually worsened, I was compelled to leave.