Dr. Jonathan Seckler MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 21st, 2017
Lack of Compassion and Concern for elder Patients
I have never experienced an office that was so rude and lacking in compassion from the front desk to the doctor. They took 2 weeks to get test results to an 86 year old cardiac patient; though they were told the results were on his desk and he would get to them when he could. The patient arrived at the 3 month follow up, only to be told someone called to cancel the appt- not so. And now the next appt was in 3 months. Is this anyway to treat an 86 year old who has home health & difficulty traveling? Phone calls are not returned. Extremely rude, inconsiderate and lacking compassion. Not the Doctor I would recommend.

March 13th, 2017
Very smart and intelligent doctor

August 14th, 2016
He was simply the best cardiologist I've ever seen.

March 16th, 2016
he is a terrific dr., but most important, he is a warm and caring human being!

January 14th, 2016
What a wonderful cardiologist. His heart is as big as his expertise and personality!

June 27th, 2015
Worst doctor
Dr. Seckler has no patience for explaining medical diagnosis. He is abrupt and can be nasty. His staff is not helpful and also nasty For a doctor he is very cold and uncaring.

January 29th, 2015
Caring, conservative, great diagnostician, wonderful bedside manner.

July 7th, 2014
Nurse Practitioner
Went with a family member in his 40's to see Dr. Heller, nice enough guy. I have been a nurse practitioner for 35 years and have a pretty extensive background in cardiology. Being a graduate of Columbia University and a staff member there I asked cardiologists who are friends of mine for a referral, since my family member lives in Florida. My Experience (I flew down): Every female in his office answers to "nurse" when addressed by patients, although they are not nurses. Every single one I asked said they were a medical assistant, which I believe is 6 to 18 months of training. I asked if there were ANY RN's working in the office and I was told, after great prodding "no", I asked why they do not correct patients and was met with a blank stare. By the way, when working in healthcare it is against the law to allow a patient to think you have credentials that you do not. I have 12 years of college behind me (I have a doctorate in nursing) and find any office that allows that type of unprofessional and unethical behavior is usually an indication of other things, shall we say. It is usually just the tip of the iceberg. I let my family member be worked up, since they are really running quite a mill down there and any cardiac disease was ruled out. Well that was the end of it, no referral, no follow up and no concern for figuring out what was wrong. I had to call them for each and every result, and only spoke to a receptionist reading results. Physician was always unavailable and non professionals communicated results, which is unacceptable. I knew that all I wanted from them was to do the tests, because clinically, I would never them them take care of him. Oh, he did get a call to come back for a follow up appointment in a couple of months--I think not! I decided to get a GI referral from a friend and it turned out that his symptoms were all GI in origin. So disappointed in fellow Columbia graduates, what happened to you?

February 5th, 2012
As close as they come to perfection
At 35 years old, I had a recent concern regarding my heart. I met with Dr. Heller and was open to the concept of a nuclear stress test and echo. Both procedures were done with care and my results were given to me within 3 business days. The staff is great and they even supplied me with yogurt, after my stress test because I felt weak after not eating all day. Really quality doctors and staff. Always busy, but you don't feel like a number.

July 6th, 2008
Excellence in Heath Care
Dr Seckler is bright, communicative and probobally the best cardiologist on all levels in the area

June 21st, 2017