Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jan 29th, 2015

Caring, conservative, great diagnostician, wonderful bedside manner.

Nurse Practitioner show details Nurse Practitioner
Jul 7th, 2014

Went with a family member in his 40's to see Dr. Heller, nice enough guy. I have been a nurse practitioner for 35 years and have a pretty extensive background in cardiology. Being a graduate of Columbia University and a staff member there I asked cardiologists who are friends of mine for a referral, since my family member lives in Florida. My Experience (I flew down): Every female in his office answers to "nurse" when addressed by patients, although they are not nurses. Every single one I asked said they were a medical assistant, which I believe is 6 to 18 months of training. I asked if there were ANY RN's working in the office and I was told, after great prodding "no", I asked why they do not correct patients and was met with a blank stare. By the way, when working in healthcare it is against the law to allow a patient to think you have credentials that you do not. I have 12 years of college behind me (I have a doctorate in nursing) and find any office that allows that type of unprofessional and unethical behavior is usually an indication of other things, shall we say. It is usually just the tip of the iceberg. I let my family member be worked up, since they are really running quite a mill down there and any cardiac disease was ruled out. Well that was the end of it, no referral, no follow up and no concern for figuring out what was wrong. I had to call them for each and every result, and only spoke to a receptionist reading results. Physician was always unavailable and non professionals communicated results, which is unacceptable. I knew that all I wanted from them was to do the tests, because clinically, I would never them them take care of him. Oh, he did get a call to come back for a follow up appointment in a couple of months--I think not! I decided to get a GI referral from a friend and it turned out that his symptoms were all GI in origin. So disappointed in fellow Columbia graduates, what happened to you?

Jan 10th, 2014

He is unresponsive. Information only provided by medical assistant. I will not use him again or recommend him to others

As close as they come to perfection show details As close as they come to perfection
Feb 5th, 2012

At 35 years old, I had a recent concern regarding my heart. I met with Dr. Heller and was open to the concept of a nuclear stress test and echo. Both procedures were done with care and my results were given to me within 3 business days. The staff is great and they even supplied me with yogurt, after my stress test because I felt weak after not eating all day. Really quality doctors and staff. Always busy, but you don't feel like a number.

Excellence in Heath Care show details Excellence in Heath Care
Jul 6th, 2008

Dr Seckler is bright, communicative and probobally the best cardiologist on all levels in the area