Dr. Jonathan Surdam MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Bloomington, IN

May 1st, 2017
Well done!
Dr. Surdam replaced my knee in December. It is now May and I have no complaints. He and his assistant are great.

August 12th, 2016
Hip joint replacement
I am 100% pleased with Dr. Surdam and his staff. They are all well trained and very good working with patients. The doctor does rely on his staff including a physician's assistant to take care of all the details while he does the initial interview and actual surgery. Everything went as described and I am very pleased with outcome.

January 30th, 2015
I was visiting due to hip condition. I was surprised that he only looked at my x-rays and did not try to see my range of motion, although his Nurse did examine me. He also let me know there was an upcoming opening for a hip replacement if I wanted to schedule something soon. It made me feel like he was too anxious to get to the operation. I have heard good things about him otherwise and that people have had good results. I am considering other options just because of the bedside manner and lack of exam beyond looking at x-rays.

October 22nd, 2014
he replaced both of my knees
he is awesome....highly recommend him...

May 16th, 2014
Very dissatisfied
Saw Dr. Surdam for right knee pain after having a tibal plateau fracture in 2008 with progressing pain and also complaining of debilitating pain in the same femur bone. Brought in radiographs from one year ago for him to look at. Did not make any mention that he took the time to look at them. Did take new xray of knee, first words out of his mouth was radiographically speaking, you are not a candidate for knee replacement surgery at your age. Ok, that's great, but why am I in so much pain and unable to walk comfortably, do daily activities, etc? I don't know, was his response. Well, what now? He offered me a cortisone injection in that knee which has helped little in the past. So I took it as my consolation prize and left and made an appointment to see my regular doctor. All this and was in his office for almost two hours out of my busy work schedule. Very dissatisfied on how I was treated and talked to. Tired of being in pain and feeling very depressed. I can't be making up the pain that I have if I am asking my husband to cut my leg off in hopes of getting some relief for once.

November 5th, 2011
great guy. very honest

July 18th, 2011
I can't rate Dr. Surdam high enough!
Dr. Surdam made me feel confident that the problem could be taken care of. The hip replacement had been put off too long and almost unrepairable. He did a superb job on the surgery! The recovery has been easy and I can not thank him enough for all of his work: before, during and after the surgery. I would highly recommend him to anyone!