Jan 30th, 2015

I was visiting due to hip condition. I was surprised that he only looked at my x-rays and did not try to see my range of motion, although his Nurse did examine me. He also let me know there was an upcoming opening for a hip replacement if I wanted to schedule something soon. It made me feel like he was too anxious to get to the operation. I have heard good things about him otherwise and that people have had good results. I am considering other options just because of the bedside manner and lack of exam beyond looking at x-rays.

he replaced both of my knees show details he replaced both of my knees
by Susan Edwards on Oct 22nd, 2014

he is awesome....highly recommend him...

Very dissatisfied show details Very dissatisfied
by Dissatisfied on May 16th, 2014

Saw Dr. Surdam for right knee pain after having a tibal plateau fracture in 2008 with progressing pain and also complaining of debilitating pain in the same femur bone. Brought in radiographs from one year ago for him to look at. Did not make any mention that he took the time to look at them. Did take new xray of knee, first words out of his mouth was radiographically speaking, you are not a candidate for knee replacement surgery at your age. Ok, that's great, but why am I in so much pain and unable to walk comfortably, do daily activities, etc? I don't know, was his response. Well, what now? He offered me a cortisone injection in that knee which has helped little in the past. So I took it as my consolation prize and left and made an appointment to see my regular doctor. All this and was in his office for almost two hours out of my busy work schedule. Very dissatisfied on how I was treated and talked to. Tired of being in pain and feeling very depressed. I can't be making up the pain that I have if I am asking my husband to cut my leg off in hopes of getting some relief for once.

Jun 26th, 2012

He did a great job on my hip. I had a complete replacement. The recovery staff were great. the physical therapy people were terrific and very upbeat.If someone needed a hip replacement I would highly recommend Dr Surdam and his entire staff...Dan Sullivan

Nov 5th, 2011

great guy. very honest

I can't rate Dr. Surdam high enough! show details I can't rate Dr. Surdam high enough!
Jul 18th, 2011

Dr. Surdam made me feel confident that the problem could be taken care of. The hip replacement had been put off too long and almost unrepairable. He did a superb job on the surgery! The recovery has been easy and I can not thank him enough for all of his work: before, during and after the surgery. I would highly recommend him to anyone!