Dr. Jonathan Trobe Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Trobe?

September 11th, 2017

Dr. Trobe is the worst doctor that I have ever seen in my life. He told me that my pain was all in my head and that I needed to see a psychotherapist. He was rude and dismissive, and talked entirely to my mother instead of to me. I would very highly recommend seeing another doctor if you want to get answers and be treated with respect.

September 24th, 2016

Zero star if I could for his ignorance

I was also sent to this so called doctor by my auto insurance company to perform a vision evaluation on me called an "Independent Medical Evaluation or and IME." In fact, I call them "Insurance" Medical Evaluation and NOT independent because they are far away from being independent, and I will tell you why they are not independent in a minute. This so called doctor evaluates patients who have been involved in auto accidents on behalf of auto insurance companies or workman's comp. So if you are being sent to this guy for an "independent" medical do not expect this doctor to say a word in your favor. He is being paid by your auto insurance company so this is not called an "independent" medical evaluation anymore. They tell him what to say in the report, and they make sure he says you do not need any attendant care. Let me tell you, this guy is rude, condescending, and would twist every single word that will come out of your mouth. Your insurance is mainly asking him to write a report that will benefit them regardless the situation you may be in. Paralyzed, your life was ruined, have had 10 different surgeries, all that is not matter to him and your insurance company. In other words, he will say there is nothing wrong with you at all, and all of your vision related issues are pre-existing conditions meaning that you have had them prior to your accident. Yes, you better believe that because it happened to me. That is exactly what the insurance company is looking for to cut your off and is more than enough to cut you off on your benefits. Your only course of action would be is to file a lawsuit against your insurance company like I did and won (thank God). These so called independent doctors are incompetent, don't care, heartless, and just lie for the money. They do not care if your life was ruined, it is all about the money to them. Their God is the almighty dollar. The question I always ask myself is, how can they go on living their life knowing they harmed so many people? How are they going to face God? How did they take the DO NO HARM Oath when they became doctors and now they are lying for the money? That is just beyond me.

May 15th, 2016

I was sent to Dr. Trobe to rule out MS. He was very dismissive and acted like I was as if I were a hypocondriac. No tests were ordered other than a field vision test in the clinic area ... (I believe that was the test) Bottom line is I do have MS. and clearly I have had it for years. I have lesions on my spine, brain, and ended up with optic neuritis with vision loss! If he and his team would have taken my case seriously and not acted so rudely I believe I could have been on a treatment plan almost five years ago and prevented some of the progression and pain I'm experiencing now. I wouldn't go to see another doctor because he convinced me nothing was wrong with me. I cried all the way home. This doctor had zero compassion and even doubted my neuro's findings. I thought I was seeing the best by going to a U of M doctor...I was sadly wrong. I definitely don't think all U of M doctors are of this same caliper. I will forever trust my own intuition and walk out of a doctors office when they appear to have the God complex! I would never recommend this doctor to anyone .

October 27th, 2015

STAY AWAY!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN!

August 11th, 2015

Dr. Trobe should not be seeing patients. He is uncaring, dismisses symptoms, racist, and arrogant. Dr. Trobe told me that he had no clue what was causing my issues, and proceeded to say whatever is wrong with me doesn't matter, as some things are best just left alone. He told me to learn to live with my eye/vision issues and refused to do testing. I could possibly have a serious issue going on, which I plan to see another Dr soon. Do not trust this Dr with your health. His Medical license should be revoked.

July 25th, 2015

Do not see Dr. Trobe - arrogant and insensitive (not to mention poor at his job)

Dr. Trobe is one of the most arrogant, insensitive people I have ever met. I saw him several years ago for an undiagnosed neurological disorder that involved the eyes. He downplayed all of my symptoms and told me it was anxiety and that I just needed to calm down. Fast forward 6.5 years, and it turns out that I have neurological Lyme disease. I could have been treated for this so long ago, but instead I have been suffering for YEARS. The worst part is that even if this had been anxiety (which it wasn't unless you count the anxiety brought on by scary symptoms and a doctor belittling you), anxiety requires treatment. He didn't even offer a referral to a psychiatrist or therapist which would be standard protocol. I cannot stress enough how awful this doctor is. Don't waste your time - go somewhere else for a consultation.

March 12th, 2015

Expert in the field

Dr Trobe is incredibly caring and knowledgeable. He's an expert in his field in fact.

February 4th, 2015

Dr. Trobe is dismissive and rude. Talks down to patients and has a caustic demeanor. There are far better physicians available.

October 16th, 2013

Not worth the trip

Dr. Trobe has ZERO bedside manner. Told my husband that there was no reason that he could not see, although he has no vision in one of his eyes. He ordered tests even though he didn't want to. I was upset with not knowing what is causing the situation and started to tear up. He looked at me and in a very cold tone told me to stop crying, that there was nothing wrong with my husband. Waste of time to travel to his office at UofM Hosp. Wait time was about 2 hours.

March 12th, 2013

Mr

This is one of the best specialists in the field. I am glad that Dr. Trobe was able to see me. He took time to explain my condition. His knowledge of the subject was truly outstanding.

October 20th, 2011

Sensitivity to Implants

He gave me an eye exam as I was complaining of an intolerance to intraocular lens and my regular opthalmalogist wanted me to see him. After the exam he told me there was nothing medically wrong with me. Here I was suffering from chemical sensitivity, CLL, and 10 times too much arsenic in my system (unknown by me at the time). I went to the Environmental Health Clinic of Dallas and was tested for methacrylate, an ingredient in the lens, which showed I was indeed allergic to it. To me, he is an arrogant Harvard grad.

July 18th, 2011

doctor spent 4 minutes with us. did less testing than our local optometrist. didn't order any further testing, said there was nothing wrong, and implied that my daughter's vision loss was not real. He stood up and said he had other patient's to see and left the room. Now, further testing has determined that there is a problem that he did not detect or investigate. I would never go back to see this doctor.