Dr. Jonathan Tuttle MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Dayton, OH

• Good
  • Bad

July 28th, 2017
very compassionate, takes his time with you explaining plan of care. highly recommend him

February 13th, 2017
Dr. Tuttle is very professional, very personable. Addresses concerns thoroughly.

July 30th, 2014
Mixed reviews
Dr. Tuttle seemed very knowledgeable and spent 30 minutes talking to me about my herniated disk. However, there were several 'troublesome' spots prior to the appointment that made me skeptical of how well the clinic is run. First, the wrong MRI orders were sent to the hospital. Getting an appointment was time consuming. Also, in the waiting room, a staff member chatted loudly about the working conditions there (I understand venting--but do it over lunch, not in front of patients). We did get a thorough apology for the mix-up in orders, which was nice, but the seeds of 'doubt' had been sewn in my mind--what if a mix-up happened post-op? During the appointment, he seemed to waiver back and forth between how he would resolve my problems. However, I do want to make clear that he was very thorough, personable, and seemed to enjoy his work. Perhaps the practice is going through some changes and reorganization. Ultimately, I did seek a second opinion and got a completely different and less invasive recommendation for treatment. I think that this doctor is probably a fine practitioner, but the best surgeon in the world can be hampered by a poorly run practice because this does have an effect on patient's overall perceptions. As someone else said, the wait was long (90 minutes just to see the doctor), but I felt well treated and that I was respected once Dr. Tuttle actually came to the exam room.

March 7th, 2012
Arrived at 10 for a 10:30 appointment. At 12, we still have someone ahead of us and looking at another hour. His 11 is still waiting with us. Simply trying to get results of an MRI that they wouldn't give us over the phone before we move. The first appointment with him was the same way. No respect for patient's time.

July 5th, 2017