Dr. Jonathan Winick MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

April 10th, 2015
huge disappointment
Do not waste your time, do not waste your co-payment, and do not waste your insurance company's money. If you have never taken a review of a doctor seriously before, you need to do such with this one. I went there to be evaluated for Neuroborreliosis, which is Lyme Disease with neurological involvement. I had a long list of symptoms written down, including some which were abnormal neurological ones, and he did not appear to be the least bit interested in one word I had to say. He was abrupt, he conducted the exam in a hurried manner, he kept interrupting me every time I tried to explain certain things to him, and he was not one bit interested in what I had to say. The fact that I was experiencing ice pick-like stabbing pains in the back of my neck, dizziness, nausea, explosion-like sounds in my head while sleeping, and massive headaches and brain tremors, did not seem to concern him in the least. My symptoms, when lined up together to form a larger picture, scream Lyme Disease. In fact, some of the symtoms can only be attributed to Lyme Disease. My primary doctor had run tests for Lyme and was awaiting the results, but he wanted me to be evaluated by a neurologist in the meantime, as neuroborrelosis can only be diagnosed by a lumbar puncture. This neurologist gave me scripts for two tests for a condition that in no manner correlates with the symptoms I am experiencing. I literally left his office in tears. How he managed to graduate medical school, become a neurologist with no major red flags popping up along the way, and be hired by an established practice, is well beyond my comprehension.

January 16th, 2014
Caregiver
This doctor is all about the money and not about healing the patient. I spent a whole hour in the doctors office for my sister who is catatonic and has obviously got some health issues and this doctor refused to see her because she did not have her license on her. She would have been a new patient.... and her primary care doctor faxed over all of her paperwork including her insurance information, was willing to vouch for her in who she was and the doctor still refused to see her because of billing. What happened to the days when Doctors cared about the patient? The office manager and staff were not very nice... asking me several times to call my sister's primary care doctor to fax over paperwork after I had already called and they did fax over more paperwork....and would not see her until she could show her license. After an hour I got completely fed up and frustrated and we left there NOT getting care for my sister. I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone.