Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by edward janeck on Jun 26th, 2016

I give my strongest recommendation to Dr Jonathan Yunis. I don’t think I can find a better doctor. How do I know? Well, I’m kind of an expert on Doctors. I am 45 years old and have had 11 different surgeries by 10 different doctors. Some were better than others. One was horrible. But Dr Yunis was the best (along with Dr Daniel Lamar). Why was Dr. Yunis so good? He was recommended to me by a successful surgeon. When I met with him he addressed my concerns and was careful to have all the diagnostic test done that were needed. He was honest and straightforward even when it wasn’t what I wanted to hear. He thought out of the box and even changed his approach to address my concerns but at the same time was very upfront with me that changing his approach would add additional risk. He also set realistic expectation. One year after surgery I feel great and feel like the operation was a 100% success.

Feb 8th, 2016

very considerate both the nurse and the doctor cannot write about follow up-unsure so far

by Forrest Bateman on Nov 29th, 2015

My experience with Dr. Yunis was great. I had two large hernias that I ignored for years, but knew I had to finally get them taken care of. I did my research and found Dr. Yunis. As soon as I met him I realized I had the right doctor. And the actual procedure itself went better than I expected, with virtually no pain, quick recovery time, and minimal incisions. The whole experience was awesome. Dr. Yunis is awesome.

by Debra McLaren on Nov 19th, 2015

He was just as verbal in my daughter's needs as he was with my mom. He cares about the person and what ails them and has you get down to the hard fact of what is truly bothering you. I have nothing negative to say and after dealing with many doctors for both myself and my daughter I can honestly say Dr. Yunis and his people are the right choice for us and our family and friends.

Ventrical hernia surgery show details Ventrical hernia surgery
by Michael Cowell on May 8th, 2015

After five failed surgeries by the VA, Dr. Yunis came to my rescue and gave me a new lease on life. Now I have hope. I have recommended the doctor to several people with hernia problems. He is very compassionate and understanding.

Brilliant Hernia Doctor show details Brilliant Hernia Doctor
by Miss Sarah Cox on Apr 21st, 2015

What an excellent Doctor!! I am a female 43 years old. Had a inguinal hernia mesh in me for 15 years and the past two years has been really painful and had mystery infections. I tried to see many other Doctors. Most were either too scared to get involved or didn't want anything to do with it. I was looking online and came across Doctor Yunis. I read many reviews and he definitely sounded like he was good and he is an expert in this field. I was seen in the matter of days, he could see how much pain I was in. The surgery was one of the better experiences I have had and believe me I have had 6 surgeries in the past two years from a near fatal car accident. He really is a brilliant man. I don't trust many Doctors but I'd trust this one with my life. He listened, he explained everything thoroughly and well even though the procedure was painful it was a different kind of pain and after about a week I started to get color back in my face and stopped feeling just general malaise. This man is a top rate Surgeon. I would totally recommend him to people who have any kind of hernia situation whether it be mesh removal or repair. He is the man! Well done

Very good experience show details Very good experience
by Mike R on Mar 13th, 2014

Dr. Yunis was very professional, knowledgeable and helpful. The hernia repair went as described; no issues. The whole experience from office to clinic to followup was flawless. Dr Yunis and his team did a great job! Thanks

Quick process show details Quick process
by Matthew on Oct 5th, 2013

I was diagnosed correctly and the whole process had no unexpected surprises. The surgery was quick, recovery has been quick, and I am back to normal function minus some heavy lifting and abdominal excercise. Dr. Yunis and staff were up front about everything and helpful when needed. I would suggest Dr. Yunis and his staff for hernia repair.

Hernia Repair show details Hernia Repair
by Robert S. on Sep 16th, 2013

Staff, doctor and surgery were handled in a caring and professional manner. Thank you all for your good work.

Best Experience For A Surgery show details Best Experience For A Surgery
by Dennis T on Sep 16th, 2013

The whole Staff at the Hernia Center and the Out Patient Center were a remarkable team, my hat off to all of them. I would recommend it to anyone who needs surgery. Back to work in 3 days. Thanks again to Dr. Yunis and his entire Staff.

Very Very Happy with Outcome! show details Very Very Happy with Outcome!
by Timothy Bertrand on Jun 25th, 2013

Doctor Yunis is one of the best doctors in the country for this type of surgery. What we thought was a simple inguinal hernia turned out to be a double hernia (inguinal & femoral) He Did a great job Lathrascopically. Re-coop time a little longer....but that was due to double trouble. I HIGHLY Recommend Dr. Yunis! And Sarasota area worth the trip and nice for post surgery re-coop. Again!! I Highly recommend Him & his Staff. Thanks Again Doc. Yunis & Staff

Dr. Yunis saved my life show details Dr. Yunis saved my life
by Rebecca Holborn on Feb 14th, 2013

I have had 4 previous hernia surgeries, and knew something was wrong. i was 36 yrs old and I couldn't walk without holding my side, lift a gallon of milk, or walk to the end of my short driveway without pain. Went to several Dr.'s in the Orlando area, all rejected me said the pain and buldge was in my head. My instinct told me to keep pushing to find the right Dr. I found Yunis through google, and we made the drive to Sarasota. He decided to "take a look" with a 45 min. lap procedure because he believed my symptoms when no other Dr. did. He ended up cancelling his other surgeries that day, and spend 4 hrs working on me instead. He found that 10 in. of my intestine had come through what was left of my lower right abdomen. He told my husband I was lucky to be alive. I think of Dr. Yunis every birthday, because if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here to celebrate one. He is the best of the best, brilliant and kind, and he has also helped many other patients I have referred him to. Thank you Dr. Yunis for taking a chance on me, and believing me when I was blown off by other Dr.'s!

Outstanding Surgeon show details Outstanding Surgeon
Jul 6th, 2012

Having been associated with an extensive number of physicians, both professionally & personally, I found Dr. Yunis to be an outstanding surgeon with extensive expertise, as well as, being extrememly professional, empathetic & caring. I would highly recommend him and his practice, including his nurse Melanie Wilber, to anyone looking for an outstanding surgeon.

One of the standouts in Sarasota show details One of the standouts in Sarasota
Feb 2nd, 2012

It seems that we've had many good physicians leave Sarasota over the past 10 yearsfor most medical care my family has now decided to travel to the North East.That said, my experience around 7 years ago with Dr. Yunis was excellent. He really is a gem and a likable guy.

Nov 16th, 2011

His name came to me with the highest recommendation from a medical practioner. His name also came to me with the highest recommendations from neighbors and friends. Now that I am recovering from my own hernia surgery, I too commend Dr. Yuris as a caring, thorough, kind, trustworthy and able surgeon.

Mar 9th, 2011

HE IS THE BEST I NOW HAVE HAD TWO OPERATION BY HIM AND IS WONDERFUL

by Ricardo Guerrero on Aug 21st, 2010

Dr Yunis is an excellent Dr very caring, approacheable and my surgery was excellent I have no pain so ever.

"SWEETHEART OF A DOCTOR!-LOVE HIM!" show details "SWEETHEART OF A DOCTOR!-LOVE HIM!"
by RICHARD L. & CONSTANCE D. HENDRIX (SARASOTA). on May 4th, 2010

THIS MAN ACTUALLY SAVED MY LIFE AND LEG!I HAVE AND WOULD TRUST HIM AGAIN WITH MY LIFE! ALL DOCTORS SHOULD BE LIKE HIM-CARING, CONCERNED,HONEST,TRUSTING,NO BULLSHITTING,PERSONALLY MAKES AN EFFORT TO KNOW YOU AND HELP YOU! HIGHLY RECOMMEND AS A DOCTOR, AND IS NUMBER #1 IN MY BOOK! THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS!

A show details A
Feb 9th, 2009

Searched for a hernia specialist in google & discovered his excellent web site. Several hours from home but well worth the trip for a high risk patient. Dr Yunis answered all our questions. He was understanding and genuinely concerned with the well being of my husband. The entire experience far exceeded all expectations.