Hernia Specialist

1921 Waldemere St
Ste 504
Sarasota, FL 34239
(941) 957-1700
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Very good experience  |  show details
by Mike R on Mar 13th, 2014

Dr. Yunis was very professional, knowledgeable and helpful. The hernia repair went as described; no issues. The whole experience from office to clinic to followup was flawless. Dr Yunis and his team did a great job! Thanks

|  Hernia Surgery in Jan 2014  |  show details
by P. Sullivan on Feb 24th, 2014

Dr. Yunis performed my hernia surgery on 29 Jan 14. I have nothing but good things to say about the procedure. I am fully recovered with no pain...I took walks the next day after the surgery with only a slight discomfort. I highly recommend Dr. Yunis. His office staff at the Center for Hernia Repair and the nurses, technicians, and staff at the Sarasota Physicians Surgical Center treated me with kindness, concern, and compassion.

|  Quick process  |  show details
by Matthew on Oct 5th, 2013

I was diagnosed correctly and the whole process had no unexpected surprises. The surgery was quick, recovery has been quick, and I am back to normal function minus some heavy lifting and abdominal excercise. Dr. Yunis and staff were up front about everything and helpful when needed. I would suggest Dr. Yunis and his staff for hernia repair.

|  Hernia Repair  |  show details
by Robert S. on Sep 16th, 2013

Staff, doctor and surgery were handled in a caring and professional manner. Thank you all for your good work.

|  Best Experience For A Surgery  |  show details
by Dennis T on Sep 16th, 2013

The whole Staff at the Hernia Center and the Out Patient Center were a remarkable team, my hat off to all of them. I would recommend it to anyone who needs surgery. Back to work in 3 days. Thanks again to Dr. Yunis and his entire Staff.

|  Very Very Happy with Outcome!  |  show details
by Timothy Bertrand on Jun 25th, 2013

Doctor Yunis is one of the best doctors in the country for this type of surgery. What we thought was a simple inguinal hernia turned out to be a double hernia (inguinal & femoral) He Did a great job Lathrascopically. Re-coop time a little longer....but that was due to double trouble. I HIGHLY Recommend Dr. Yunis! And Sarasota area worth the trip and nice for post surgery re-coop. Again!! I Highly recommend Him & his Staff. Thanks Again Doc. Yunis & Staff

|  Dr. Yunis saved my life  |  show details
by Rebecca Holborn on Feb 14th, 2013

I have had 4 previous hernia surgeries, and knew something was wrong. i was 36 yrs old and I couldn't walk without holding my side, lift a gallon of milk, or walk to the end of my short driveway without pain. Went to several Dr.'s in the Orlando area, all rejected me said the pain and buldge was in my head. My instinct told me to keep pushing to find the right Dr. I found Yunis through google, and we made the drive to Sarasota. He decided to "take a look" with a 45 min. lap procedure because he believed my symptoms when no other Dr. did. He ended up cancelling his other surgeries that day, and spend 4 hrs working on me instead. He found that 10 in. of my intestine had come through what was left of my lower right abdomen. He told my husband I was lucky to be alive. I think of Dr. Yunis every birthday, because if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here to celebrate one. He is the best of the best, brilliant and kind, and he has also helped many other patients I have referred him to. Thank you Dr. Yunis for taking a chance on me, and believing me when I was blown off by other Dr.'s!

|  Outstanding Surgeon  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2012

Having been associated with an extensive number of physicians, both professionally & personally, I found Dr. Yunis to be an outstanding surgeon with extensive expertise, as well as, being extrememly professional, empathetic & caring. I would highly recommend him and his practice, including his nurse Melanie Wilber, to anyone looking for an outstanding surgeon.

|  One of the standouts in Sarasota  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2012

It seems that we've had many good physicians leave Sarasota over the past 10 yearsfor most medical care my family has now decided to travel to the North East.That said, my experience around 7 years ago with Dr. Yunis was excellent. He really is a gem and a likable guy.

Nov 16th, 2011

His name came to me with the highest recommendation from a medical practioner. His name also came to me with the highest recommendations from neighbors and friends. Now that I am recovering from my own hernia surgery, I too commend Dr. Yuris as a caring, thorough, kind, trustworthy and able surgeon.

|  Dr. Yunis Is Great!  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2011

Surgery can never be considered time spent on vacation. I took what is considered officially "sick leave from work." From start to finish, my interaction with he and his staff was nothing short of above and beyond my expectations."Sick leave became a "few days away from work to get recharged" which is my personal definition of a vacation! I would never hesitate for a moment to recommend Dr. Yunis as a great surgeon but he is also a wonderful human being.Jex WilsonSarasota, FL

Mar 9th, 2011

HE IS THE BEST I NOW HAVE HAD TWO OPERATION BY HIM AND IS WONDERFUL

by Ricardo Guerrero on Aug 21st, 2010

Dr Yunis is an excellent Dr very caring, approacheable and my surgery was excellent I have no pain so ever.

|  "SWEETHEART OF A DOCTOR!-LOVE HIM!"  |  show details
by RICHARD L. & CONSTANCE D. HENDRIX (SARASOTA). on May 4th, 2010

THIS MAN ACTUALLY SAVED MY LIFE AND LEG!I HAVE AND WOULD TRUST HIM AGAIN WITH MY LIFE! ALL DOCTORS SHOULD BE LIKE HIM-CARING, CONCERNED,HONEST,TRUSTING,NO BULLSHITTING,PERSONALLY MAKES AN EFFORT TO KNOW YOU AND HELP YOU! HIGHLY RECOMMEND AS A DOCTOR, AND IS NUMBER #1 IN MY BOOK! THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS!

|  A  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2009

Searched for a hernia specialist in google & discovered his excellent web site. Several hours from home but well worth the trip for a high risk patient. Dr Yunis answered all our questions. He was understanding and genuinely concerned with the well being of my husband. The entire experience far exceeded all expectations.