Dr. Joon Choi Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Joon Choi?

Posted on February 23rd, 2016

Dr. Choi has been my doctor for the almost 16 years I look forward to my visits every year to see him. Dr. Choi has delieverd both my daughters to the world. I wouldn't change Dr. Choi over any other doctor. He is awesome with a great personality. Thank you

Love Dr. Choi

Posted on August 14th, 2014

I had a baby at age 43. Dr. Choi removed my fibroids safely and delivered my daughter safely. The office staff is warm and loving and I am eternally grateful.

Posted on November 19th, 2012

very good doctor he knows what he is doing

This man is horrible

Posted on November 8th, 2012

While the office staff was at their utmost wonderful, the doctor is a horrible human being. I also noticed, and I could be wrong, but I doubt it, that the office staff seemed timid in dealing with him. I will explain why I think that. He was rude in the appointment, very aburpt. I get being quick because he did have people waiting. That I get, but my theory is, if you have no time for patients, stop taking so many on!!! In anycase, He has my medical tests to look at and looked at them very recklessly in the appt and diagnosed me. He would ask me if I felt pain and I told him, was hard to tell him because I was on percocet for the pain I am having due to fibroids. He then said, "can you feel this?" I said, "again, I am on percocet" so he exclaimed, "you already told me that." His bedside manner is worse than any doctor I have ever dealt with. He needed to look at my test results rather than poking on me all over the place when I was on percocet. So he diagnoses me that I need a laprascopy. Then puts into a referral. Due to lack of information, the medical group would not approve it. Needless to say, I spent endless amounts of hours dealing with insurance company while the doctors office said," nothing we can do!" Even though it was their negligence that got me denied. So anyway, with a ton of work and massive amounts of phone calls it came down to being the doctors office fault for not putting in the right information. So then the doctor himself calls me to say I looked at your results and found this and you need this. He was abrupt and didnt let me ask questions. Wanted me to make a decision right there with out answering any questions about getting a hysterectomy! I assume this pays more than a laprascopy. Then he hangs up quickly. Well I had lots of questions. So I called back on the number that appeared on my phone when he called. I thought it was his office. Well he ripped me a new one about how I should never call this number!!! I mean for like a few minutes solid really ripped into me about this number. Then finishes with, "what do you want?" I was crying by then so I just said, "I am not comfortable with this." He just said, "okay goodbye' This is a man I am going to trust to rip me open and rip out my uterus????????????? If you are a woman and care anything about your body, or if you are pregnant, I would go to someone with compassion! Dont let insurance force you to go to him. They are supposed to have other doctors. I am sickened by this man's behavior. When you become a doctor you take an oath to treat patients with respect and compassion. I mean you should anyway.

AWESOME

Posted on August 19th, 2011

Very kind and knowledgeable. He delivered my baby. He was my Dr. on call Dr. and very pleased with his work. He walked me thru everything he was doing. Very patient in a very serious delivery. I was left with a 4 degree tear and episiotomy and he stitched me up perfectly. Wouldn't have had a vaginal birth if it weren't for him.

Very good!

Posted on June 7th, 2011

He is a very knowledgeable doctor. He is always on time and answers questions in simple terminology, so I am able to understand clearly. I was referred to this doctor by a friend who had 3 deliveries with him. I have also referred him to 2 of my co-workers. In addition, the staff was extremely helpful and kind.

Posted on March 13th, 2011

Joon Choi is the best doctor that I have ever met.

More concerned about lawsuits than you or your baby.

Posted on February 4th, 2011

I regret every second I spent waiting for, listening to, and doing what this doctor said.Facts: Through my whole pregnancy,he spent MAX 10 minutes with me per visit - that includes the time spent to check the baby's heart rate & measurements.As a first time mom, I had various concerns. If I called him with a concern his response was: GO TO LABOR AND DELIVERY, instead of showing compassion or reassurance. I made 5 trips to L&D before my baby was born for NO REASON. I attempted to discuss my birth plan with him. BIG MISTAKE. He laughed and said it was pointless.2 weeks before my due date, he told me my baby would be TOO BIG to be delivered naturally, that I HAD BE INDUCED.Me: scared. Uninformed. Listening to this CRAZY doctor.Day of induction: Goes straight to pitocin. Refuses to let me labor without monitoring. Won't let me walk around. Demands to break my water.30 HOURS LATER he tells me I need a c-section. That the baby isn't coming.45 minutes later, he delivers a 7 POUND baby. 7 POUNDS!!! CLEARLY NOT TOO BIG TO BE DELIVERED NATURALLY!!!After care: In & out. No talking. Invasive checking of wound.End story: TRUST YOUR GUT! SAY NO!If I would have trusted mine, I would have waited for my baby to come in her own time.DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!

Posted on January 5th, 2011

I love Dr.Choi he is very good at what he does. When he wanted to induce me with my 1st born I was kind of scared cause of all the stuff I had heard about him wanting to induce for his own personal reasons, but he reassured me the baby would be too big if I didn't induce and sure enough I delivered and health 9lbs baby!

Convenience

Posted on September 25th, 2010

The first time I saw Dr Choi he talked about inducing. He wants to schedule an induction a week before the due date because the baby might be "too big". I asked him how big the baby was and he said there's no way of telling for sure. I feel he wants to induce me for convenience..There is no medical emergency or need and he is not even waiting till the due date to then see if I need to be induced. Also, he literally is in the room with me for no longer than 2 minutes, doesn't seem to care, and rushes out to the next patient. I feel he is a Dr who cares about a pay check and not his profession. I want to switch Dr's and am going to try to but I'm 38 weeks.

patient

Posted on September 15th, 2010

I believe this Dr. is a truly caring talented Doctor. Not only with myself, but also with my daughters and my mother.

Posted on February 3rd, 2017