Dr. Jordan Balter, DO

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.6229508196721 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.8448275862069 of 4 stars
by Stephanie on Aug 23rd, 2014

Dr Balter was kind and listened closely to my problem. I'm much better now and I would never change docters

|  late late late not caring  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2014

He is 3, 4and a half hours, 6 hours late for my appointments. He doesn't follow up on phone calls on important issues. uncaring ONLY IN FOR THE MONEY!

Apr 18th, 2014

ALL I CAN SAY IS IM NOT VERY HAPPY WITH HIM. I DROVE AN HOUR AND A HALF TO SEE HIM AND THEY SAID HE CALLED IN AND CANCELED FOR THE DAY.SO I SET UP ANOTHER APT.FOR TWO WEEKS DROVE ANOTHER HOUR AND A HALF AND THEY SAID HE CANCELED AGAIN. I NEVER RECEIVED EVEN A PHONE CALL.

|  my god send  |  show details
by michael ray charles on Jan 23rd, 2014

Dr. Jordan is my doctor but makes me feel like we've been friends forever. I was in a deep problem and he helped lift me out. i'm in Dr. Balter's debt.. I love him.. lol

|  Best psychiatrist I've had  |  show details
by Chris on Nov 21st, 2013

Dr Balter is easy to build a rapport with and has been a great source of guidance in my life

|  The Absolute BEST ive been too!!!!  |  show details
by NICHOLAS ROACH on Oct 1st, 2013

I have been to hundreds of dr's and this is the only one I have ever felt comfortable with (im 24 years old). Also he was able to diagnose me with ptsd insted of bi polar with was what every other dr thought i had and now i feel like a diff person. Ive already recomended 7 people to him ranging from the ages of 16-30 and every one is very very happy. We are lucky to have this Dr. in St. Louis!!!

|  excellent care  |  show details
by charles on Aug 18th, 2013

i thought dr. balter was very attentive and very knowledgeable. he listened to what i had to say and was very respectful and the team is excellent. he wants to really help people in a healthy and responsible way.

Jan 24th, 2013

Dr. Balter is an excellent psychiatrist. He spends the necessary time you require for the initial diagnostic interview and and concerns you may have thereafter. He looks you in the eye when conversing with you and really seems to care about your well being. The only problem is that he is always very late appointments. I have waited three hours to see him before

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2012

Dr. Balter is a great doctor who is compassionate and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him.

Oct 9th, 2012

great doctor who isvery concerned aboutmy feelings, and the staff was very caring and courtious

|  LGBT FREINDLY  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2012

Very educated and sensitive to LGBT issues. Wouldn't want any other psychiatrist!

|  DR. BALTER, NOT JUST ANOTHER PSYCHIATRIST!  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2012

DR. BALTER IS IS MORE THAN JUST A "PSYCHIATRIST" HE'S PROFESSIONAL YET PERSONABLE, MAKES YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE. GOOD BEDSIDE MANNER / NOT STUFFY. HES DOWN TO EARTH,HONEST,.WIL GO ABOVE AND BEYOND HIS CALL OF DUTY,MOST PSYCHIATRIST JUST DO THE MINIMAL FOR YOU AND THATS IT.DR BALTER AT LEAST CARES.YOU MIGHT HAVE TO WAIT AT TIMES FOR YOUR TURN, BUT THINK OF IT THIS WAY, HE MAY BE GIVING SOMEONE THAT EXTRA FEW MINUTES, THAT YOU MAY NEED SOMETIME.... A PATIENT JL

Jan 31st, 2012

The best Doctor in the area. too bad the wait time is so long. I guess u just have to wait for the best!

|  Justin Menkhus  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2012

I thinkhe actually cares about each patient and he also listening to what you have to say insteed of trying to push medication on u....

Oct 21st, 2011

Dr. Balter is the first doctor to reduce my medications and find the right one. He changed my life!

Oct 6th, 2011

very professional and excellent at making you feel at ease! concerned about all aspects of ones life, not just a hows it going type of visit. office wait might be longer than usual sometimes BUT to get the best treatment...its worth it!

|  Desperately seeking Dr. Balter  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Balter for a year and feel he's done a wonderful job in improving my overall health. He never seems to be in a hurry and seems very concerned about how I'm doing in all aspects of my life. I recommend him to anyone who asks who my dr. is. He has made a huge difference in my health and happiness and I look forward to our visits as he is very personable and funny.

|  Patient Review  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2011

Although the wait maybe long for some of my appointments it is well worth it. Dr. Balter is professional, caring and empathetic. I always feel welcomed by the staff and his secretaries are amazing!

|  The Best Ever  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2011

Dr. Balter is without a doubt the best Psychiatrist in this area. I have seen several others and none have made me feel more at ease, shown a sincere concern for my well-being and provided professional advice and medication while making you feel more of a friend, than a patient. I see his lowest rating is "waiting time". My wait time has always been the shortest in comparison than any other Dr. in his field. I was used to showing up at least a half an hour late and still waiting over 30 more minutes with all my prior Doctors. A 15/20 minute wait is by far nothing to complain over.

Jun 23rd, 2011

highly recommend him. He very caring doctor.He has helped us greatly in the past few years that we have been with him. He is one of the few doctors that listens to what you have to say.

|  Counselor  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

Dr. Balter is accurate, and attends to the needs of his patients and adjusting their medication levels.T.

May 10th, 2011

He's always late but I generally like him.

|  Meeitng My Needs  |  show details
by Kimberlie on May 16th, 2010

I would say that my overall experience was excellent. Dr. Balter was very concerned and answered all of my questions thoroughly and did not make me feel like my myriad of questions were stupid or insignificant. I was pleased and would recommend him to anyone.

|  Great Doctor!! Highly Recommend!  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2010

Great Doctor!-Very professional,caring, and prompt. On top of latest medications & treatments. Works well with patients and family members. I would highly recommend him!