Dr. Jordan Cohen MD Patient Reviews

• Emergency Medicine San Diego, CA

2.2

September 22nd, 2016
Should have his license revoked
If you want a doctor who refuses to listen to your chief complaint and discharges you from the ER without even examining you, then go see Dr. Cohen! Spent all of 2 minutes over a 3 1/2 hour stay with him actually in the room. He did not ask for any history, no exam was done, and we ended up back at another ER later that day because of his neglect. I work in the medical field and have never met such a smug, disrespectful, and neglectful doctor. He forgot we were evem in th exam room. Extremely poor patient care and bedside manner. When I questioned how he can determine a patient should be discharged if he did not fully examine them or even speak with them prior to the decision to discharge, he walked away because he "is the director" and can do as he pleases. When we asked fo a number to make a complaint, he said it was only him we could complain to. The hospital has a department specifically for complaints, which I found out after the fact. Not only is he a horrible doctor, he's a liar too!

January 4th, 2011
McDreamy
Dr. Cohen, in addition to his obvious brilliance as an emergency room doctor, has a fabulous bedside manner. I found my anxiety slowly dissipating in proportion to the time he spent with me explaining things calmly and with a wonderful sense of humor. Obviously 'comedian' is his backup plan should he ever decide to leave the ever-increasingly frustrating field of medicine. I would gladly recommend the drive to HMC just to have the privilege of experiencing his care.