A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jorge Alvarez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jorge Alvarez, Cardiologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Alvarez
Coronary Heart Disease Patient Education Learn about coronary heart disease or CHD, and heart attack symptoms and prevention with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Alvarez Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jorge Alvarez, FACC, FSCAI, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Alvarez graduated from The University of Texas at San Antonio. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Alvarez has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - San Antonio
- Methodist Hospital
- St Luke's Baptist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jorge A Alvarez FACC, FSCAI, and MD is a male Internist, has 12 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Jorge A. Alvarez practice?
- Dr. Jorge Alvarez has 1 office location.
Dr. Jorge Alvarez practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Internists and San Antonio Cardiologists.