A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jorge Alvarez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jorge Alvarez, Cardiologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jorge Alvarez, FACC, FSCAI, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Alvarez graduated from The University of Texas at San Antonio. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Alvarez has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - San Antonio
- Methodist Hospital
- St Luke's Baptist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jorge A Alvarez FACC, FSCAI, and MD is a male Internist, has 11 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Jorge A. Alvarez practice?
- Dr. Jorge Alvarez has 4 office locations.
Dr. Jorge Alvarez practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology near San Antonio, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Live Oak, TX and Boerne, TX.
See San Antonio Internists and San Antonio Cardiologists.