A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jorge Alvarez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jorge Alvarez, Cardiologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Alvarez graduated from The University of Texas at San Antonio. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Alvarez has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - San Antonio
- St Luke's Baptist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jorge Alberto Alvarez FACC, FSCAI, and MD is a male Internist, has 10 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Jorge A. Alvarez practice?
- Dr. Jorge Alvarez has 3 office locations.
Dr. Jorge Alvarez practices Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology near Boerne, TX.
Additional practice locations include: San Antonio, TX.
See Boerne Cardiologists.