Dr. Jorge Acevedo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 25th, 2016
THANK YOU!
I had an amazing experience with Dr. Acevedo and team. I fractured both heels and was referred to him due to his experience. In the hospital right after it happened I was told I may not play tennis again. It has been 4 months since the surgery and I am starting to play. He is gifted, thoughtful, dedicated, and passionate. I showed up for an appointment on the wrong day by mistake and I was seen within 10 minutes. I had a flare up one afternoon after I was being too active too soon, I called and they had an appointment for me at 8:00 the next morning. I cannot say enough about Dr. Acevedo, Stephen Peppers and team. They set great expectations and over delivered each and every time. Each visit was efficient yet personal. Each interaction was warm yet professional. I always felt very comfortable with the entire team as if I was a member of their family. You truly made a difference. THANK YOU!

November 25th, 2015
overall excellent

August 6th, 2015
ankle
Had two surgeries and I have not been the same ever since. ..my leg stays Swollen all the time never repaired the ligament or tendon. plate and screws In leg... had done 15 years and I'm still not good... it is getting worse and worse . never go to this doctor..My ankle is bone on bone. .Other doctors that I went to trying to get help said the doctor screwed my foot up....

May 4th, 2015
Southeast Orthopedic (Heekin) of Jacksonville, FL
I received professional care from the day surgery of my Achilles Tendon rupture throughout my entire recuperation process. Dr. Acevedo was patient and assured me every step of the way that I would be fine and my entire recovery went better than I could have ever hoped! I phoned several times during my recovery, sometimes even after hours and EVERYTIME I received a prompt returned call to answer any question or concern I had. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Jorge Acevedo and his supporting Medical Team and office Staff. I feel confident that eventually I will get back to playing the sports that I miss and enjoy. Thank you!

July 7th, 2014
Excellent Orthapedic Surgeon
I met Dr Acevedo about 8 years ago while I was having several joint problems in my knees, feet, neck and shoulders. He was recommended to me by a friend who had shattered his ankle and Dr Acevedo repaired it. Dr Acevedo has treated me throughout the past ten years for my athritus and has been a god send to me. He even was able to take care of the arthritus in my big toe with surgery and figured out a way to not have to fuse the joint. I cannot speak highly enough about this man and hope that he continues to help people as well as he has been able to help me.

June 10th, 2014
Brilliant Surgeon
Dr. Jorge Acevedo is a brilliant surgeon with exceptional diagnostic skills. After many failed attempts with other physicians, I thank God we found Dr Acevedo. He never gave up on my husband's condition and after four surgeries, he saved my husband's foot. The foot did not have to be amputated and my husband is walking. Thank you Dr Acevedo for your expertise, your kindness and for caring so much.

April 29th, 2014
A very special orthopedic surgeon
From my diagnosis to the corrective surgery and rehabilitation Dr. Acevedo guided me through my difficulties with a graciousness and concern unsurpassed! A similar corrective surgery on my right foot was a very difficult experience. Thank you so very much!!!

March 17th, 2014
patient
Started seeing Dr. Acevedo after going to another surgeon for 5 months. Dr. Acevedo knew immediately what the problem was and started the proper treatment. Was able to heal without surgery! He is the best orthopaedic physician in this area for treating ankles. I would highly recommend him for any injury to the ankle or foot, especially if you're a ballet dancer or athlete! Best

December 12th, 2013
Thing of money
The doctor needs to worry about a patient instead of how much money is going to make. You should never complain to a patient on how much money you feel you are worth

November 3rd, 2013
Please don't ever go to this Dr. His bedside manner is horrible and he butcherd my foot. Everyone I know who had bunion surgery has thin white lines for scars and never was cut between big toe. I have big zig zag hypertropic scars that are scary looking! Im still in pain and swollen and can't wear my shoes. I'm wearing crocs that are 2 sizes big. Im now seeing a new Dr who put me on steroids and P/T with massage 3 times a week as soon as he looked at my foot. He also sent me to a plastic surgeon who said they messed up in surgery after looking at my pictures. This Dr never even called to check on me or ask why I took my records and cancelled my appointment knowing I have been in severe pain and constantly coming to office for help. Im scared for life and have lost work not being able to where shoes and stand for long. Its going on 6 months and I'm still in pain. Stay away from Dr Acevedo unless you want to be butchered!

August 27th, 2013
Excellent doctor
When I first met Dr. Acevedo, the first thing I noticed was his great charisma. He was genuine and made me feel at ease. The next thing I noticed was his great expertise. I saw multiple doctors in the past for my back and feet with very little, if any improvement. He quickly identified my issue and provided me with an explanation that I could easily understand. I was happy that the first line of treatment consisted of conservative options... as I do not like to take medications. I am pleased to say that I am 100% better. In addition to being his patient, I have had the pleasure to sit with others during their appointments. It is evident that he truly cares about the well being of his patients. He gave honest advice as though he was treating one of his own family members. In my opinion, he under promised outcomes and over delivered. In addition, when present, he pointed out other underlying health issues. AND he followed through to get to the bottom of it. I think very highly of him and recommend him any change I get. In my opinion, he sets the standard of excellence for other physicians.

August 1st, 2013
Retired Nurse in Management
I definitely would select this Dr. for a third time surgery . He is extremely knowledgeable in foot surgery. Excellent patient education ,and expectations!!!!