A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jorge Barrera:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jorge Barrera is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Barrera
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Barrera Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jorge Barrera, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Barrera graduated from Universidad Nacional De Colombia, Santa Fe De Bogota.
Dr. Barrera has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Alvarado Hospital
- San Diego Rehabilitation Institute
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jorge Aurelio Barrera MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 47 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Jorge A. Barrera practice?
- Dr. Jorge Barrera has 1 office location.
Dr. Jorge Barrera practices Psychiatry near El Cajon, CA.
See El Cajon Psychiatrists.