Pediatrician
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  THEY WANT MONEY ONLY  |  show details
by AMY ARVIN on Oct 14th, 2013

THEY ONLY THINK IN MAKE MONEY, IF YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY, THEY WON"T TREAT YOU WELL..ONLY THEY WILL TREAT YOU WELL AND CHARGE YOU A LOT IF YOU HAVE A BIG ACCOUNT....HE WILL TAKE THE TIME NECESSARY WITH YOU..HE HAS TO PAY MANY BILLS AND THEIR CHILDREN UNIVERSITY ......WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

|  Please don't go  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2013

This is the worst medical office. Starting with the staff, they are rude, always mistreating people, as if they were making you a favor. They didn't want to fill in a Florida State Blue Form so I had to ask the school to make a copy for me. Not surprisingly, at school they also told me about many people complaining of their rudeness and for charging for forms that should be given without cost. But of course they are like that because the Doctor allows them to be rude. He is always trying to make you feel as if you are the worst parent, prescribing tons of expensive medicines and wants you to schedule another appointment for follow up. I asked for my daughters' files because I am definitely not going to give them any more business and they have the nerve to tell you it takes them 30 days to have them ready! Unbelievable. I ended up here because I moved last year and it was conveniently located, but please, don't make that mistake, There are other excellent Doctors in Key Biscayne that respect and care for their patients.

|  Think twice....  |  show details
by Ledy Alvarado on Apr 10th, 2013

There is a posted review on a single mom with 3 kids... just for your information, that is a bogus review given by an ex employee. Ask that single mom now what her thoughts are on this individual and I assure you, not a "PG 13" rated opinion! Individuals like him have no business being in the medical profession! Let alone a Pediatrician! Rude, Arrogant, Demeaning, UnKind, Disrespectful, and Dirty! So please people, think twice before you allow this individual anywhere near your loved ones! Ease of Appointments.... very easy, why because they want yourl money! They always want to charge you for all the vaccines when insurances cover them... they claim they do not bill for them!!! Illegal and ethically WRONG folks, call your insurance providers and check for yourselves!!!!!! Promptness... Yes he's quick! He is in and out and especially if he knows you are not someone who is going to leave a bundle of money for him at the front desk! So... if you are not someone famous and you have a good insurance policy where you do not have to pay for co pays or vaccines etc. etc. rest assured he will be in and out of that room quickly!!!! Courteous Staff.... well, who can blame the staff for being grumpy??? They work for a man who throws charts at them, slams doors in the their faces, and humiliates them in front of people! Can you blame the staff really??? Accurate Diagnoses: According to the world of "Bertran" everyone will eventually be diabetic if they drink whole milk! This is "his" theory. I can't really say much else about this particular subject because I did not give him the time of day! I gave him the benefit of doubt by allowing him to care for my kid on a few occasions, but at the end, had to go with my gutt feeling and get out before I called the authorities on this person. Bedside Manner.... that's a joke, he has NONE. Spends time with me.... no Follows up after visit... sure, you want a follow up? come back to the office, he won't call you, he will only see you, so he can charge another co pay visit, and this was told to me by staff by the way! Wait time? well if there is someone there with a bigger bank account than you... sit back and relax you'll be there a while.

|  Absolutely!  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2011

I am a parent of 3 with the oldest being 19 years of age. I have never met a physician as thorough and as intricate as Dr. Bertran not to mention he is probably the only doctor left in his specialty that is ON CALL 24 HOURS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK! I can't express how important it is for me as a mother to know that if I have an emergency, I do not have to deal with an answering service! Dr. Bertran is a wonderful and knowledgeable, tell it like it is physician & will spend as much time as he feels necessary with his patients. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

|  Fine.  |  show details