Ophthalmologists

200 W Ollie St
Llano, TX 78643
325-247-5040
Locations and availability (7)

2.5

|  Excellent doctor!  |  show details
by Jacqueline on Jul 3rd, 2013

I took my son to Dr. De La Chapa for a routine eye exam. Previous optometrists said he was 20/20. Dr. D discovered my son's eye sight was actually 20/80 and my son couldn't see much of anything. I had no idea as my son managed to maintain straight A's in school. Thanks to Dr. D my son enjoys movies and seeing the real world rather than existing in a blur. I also see him for allergies. He gets us in right away and treats us like family and not just patients. Thank you Dr. D!!

|  show details
Jun 23rd, 2013

Dr. De La Chopa glanced at me as he walked in. He informed he I had MS or a brain tumor before any testing was done. After one eye flash test was complete, he diagnosed me with MS before sending me for an MRI, from which he likely receives kickbacks from. He was discourteous, rude, and told me I had MS or a brain tumor for sure. "I diagnose this all the time." MRI came back negative, my eyesight was impacted due to my thyroid being off as well as hormone dysfunction. Dr. De La Chopa should be stripped of his professional license. He diagnosed me with MS on a Friday, sent me for an MRI, promised he would call Saturday, and I had to wait until Monday before I got the results (negative). Further, he put MS confirmed in my case file, which has resulted in my not being able to get life insurance and/or long term care insurance. Dr. De La Chopa - you are the worst doctor I have ever seen, and you are SO lucky I did not shoot myself over the weekend. Be prepared for a civil suit - I hope you have excellent professional liability insurance.

|  De La Chapa is RUDE!!  |  show details
by Joe R. on Apr 25th, 2013

Waiting for my father to be seen, it was very apparent from the start that the doctor could care less of his patients and is only there to collect a pay check....and that was quickly observed when he just walked in just by his demeanor when he strolled into the office. When he finally saw my father, he was rude, empathetic to my dads situation, disrespectful, and really seemed like he didn't really care about my father. Almost like we are bothering him with our visit! I don't recommend and I suggest everyone go some where else. HIS staff was friendly which is probably the only thing going good for him. Friendly staff was at the Westover Hills location.