Jorge I De La Torre MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Birmingham, AL

3.4

December 8th, 2015
Please don't use this doctor
Please don't use this doctor. He does not value anyone's life. He has no business even doing the most routine surgeries.

August 17th, 2015
Now Motherless
This is not a doctor you want to operate on you. If you value your life, please find another surgeon. P

June 4th, 2015
Great surgon unless you have Medicaid
I am a breast cancer survivor, after the terrifying experience of dealing with cancer and the horrible effects of chemotherapy , hair loss and looking at the horrible scar the removal of my breast left, I looked so forward to the reconstruction. At the time I had Medicaid because my primary insurance considered my cancer as preexisting and they would not cover the surgeries. Until I met Dr. Delatorre I had been treated with respect and compassion. There are only a hand full of Plastic surgeons that will take Medicaid so I was very grateful when such a well respected doctor would give his time and take a cut in pay to see a Medicaid patient. My first visit I had to wait almost 2 hours before I was seen. From visit one until my follow up visit after my so call reconstruction Dr. Delatorre barely acknowledge me when I spoke to him or asked questions I had. Although his staff was wonderful, caring, patient and kind I don't think I have ever met such a cold doctor. My "reconstruction" is a disaster. My "breast" is just a small hard lump at the top of my chest with a tight deep scar that runs across my chest. Since the skin was not stretched nor was additional skin transferred to allow for the implant to form a breast the implant now looks like a balloon that is filled with water that has been tied around the middle. The top forming a hard lump and the rest of the implant hangs about an inch past my natural breast line making it appear that I have some sort of weird tumor in my upper stomach. No nipple just a lump and a deep scar. I have since gone to see a more capable Surgeon that said I have to endure the pain of yet another surgery and missing several weeks of work. Even if I choose not to go through the reconstruction process again. The implant that Dr. Delatorre put in MUST to come out. So either way I have to go through an unnecessary surgery. I am sure Dr. Delatorre is exceptional surgeon but in my opinion if you do not feel that an insurance company rates the level of care that you give to a person that has already been ravaged by cancer turn them away and choose not to do more harm.

January 6th, 2009
Caring and Compassionate Doctor
Dr. De La Torre has seen me several times. He was kind, caring and helpful. He operated on me and did a lot of research into my past med. history to make sure he found the right solution and did not bother work done in previous operations. Will see him again if I need it!

October 3rd, 2008
Poor followup
This man did not respond adequately after my surgery or rank an infection as needing treatment. It put me back in the hospital for another full week. I would never return to him. I think his attitude is cavalier and he has an ego which he doesn't want challenged.