Dr. Jorge Dubin MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Lakewood, CA

3.1

November 4th, 2010
very knowledgeable, helpful, and caring. does not rush you out of his office. listens to you.

August 17th, 2010
Excellent Diagnostician
I've been seeing Dr. Dubin for several years now, and when I first met him and went for my first appointment, I was so happy to find out finally what had been wrong with me. Dr. Dubin did an intensive intake initially, and each follow-up visit he targets exactly the problems that need to be addressed.He works with adults as well as children, and I have talked with other patients in the waiting room and found they feel the same as me.He is very accessible to his patients that need emergency or urgent care, which is refreshing and much needed in this profession.One thing he does not do is "talk therapy" too much, as he feels most of the disorders he treats are biochemical in basis. I can only talk for myself in this matter; he may work differently with you depending on your DX.His bedside manner is very caring, but he can be abrupt if you go off point. That is not a criticism, but rather a compliment, because he doesn't let you off the hook when you are trying to escape the problem.If you have a severe problem that needs help, this is the psychiatrist to see. He is the best one I've ever had, and I highly recommend him to others.

November 6th, 2009
Condescending and Apathetic
At first I was very pleased with this doctor. But when usual treatment plan did not help, he diagnosed me as bipolar, which was completely off-base.Don't show any sort of defiance or disagreement towards his treatment plan, however. He has no qualms with talking down to you in order gain some sort of control over the situation. I sincerely believe that he does not care about his patients. At most, you will spend 15 minutes in his office. Most of that time he is writing notes.If you want some common ground with him, talk about history. He is a big history buff.