Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Apr 3rd, 2015

Great doctor, his staff is courteous helpful. Been with him for over 18 years

Thick accent, not very personable, though seems knowledgeable show details Thick accent, not very personable, though seems knowledgeable
Aug 11th, 2011

As an Ob patient they require you to alternate between ALL of the Doctors including Alvarez. After visiting all of the doctors and nurses/midwives I found them all to be agreeable, however it was difficult for me to understand Alvarez, he has a thick accent and he's not very warm or friendly. I tried rescheduling with another doctor the next time I had him and even told them I prefer a female and the office staff gave me attitude and told me I could not do that. They basically said if you become an OB patient you must see all of the Drs and do not have a choice. I would give every other Dr. and nurse in the office a 4 star, but Alvarez not so much. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who may not want a male Dr who isn't very warm and is difficult to understand due to thick accent.

Wouldn't go back show details Wouldn't go back
May 28th, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Alvarez by my GP after she found an abnormality during my yearly exam. The office staff was fabulous but Dr. Alvarez was a jerk. He was not a nice or caring. I would definitely not recommend him, though I have heard from others that the other ob/gyn in the office is fantastic.

Wonderful Experience show details Wonderful Experience
Jan 13th, 2009

Had a wonderful experience with Dr. Alvarez, would recommend him to anyone

Ladies run from this man! show details Ladies run from this man!
Jul 11th, 2008

My experience with Dr. Alvarez was so awful! I was crying when I left his office! He talks down to women and acts as if your opinion is useless. He once gave me expired medication and tapped me on the head with it to tell me that I didn't need calcium. I got home and read the box, the medication was expired by months and had 250 mg of calcium in it. I asked for the doctors and nurses I had dealt with before Alvarez, but because they are a pratice they dropped me. I had to find a new OB at 4 months pregnant. It was not that easy but I would never go back to this man. He is cruel. I couldn't take it anymore. There are way too many wonderful, kind doctors out there to have this monster deliver your child.