Dr. Jorge Lagares-Garcia MD Patient Reviews

3.9

October 22nd, 2016
Stay Away!
Not only was he extremely rude, but I was worse after I got out of the hospital than going in. Did NOT fix my issue AT ALL. Just gave me a shot of morphine, some nausea medicine and 2 salines. The problem was that if I ate I would either puke it up or get diarrhea. After they forced me to leave the hospital because there was no "criteria" to put me the hospital (you mean nutrition deficiencies don't count?), I was finally given the glass of water that they said I would get to make sure I was OK. Well, I immediately got diarrhea and haven't stopped for 12 hours.

September 23rd, 2016
Patient
Dr. Lagares-Garcia is a great surgeon and his knowledge of specific circumstances is impeccable. If you have any questions or concerns the doctor that's on call if after hours will call you back within minutes. That's a rare find these days. His staff goes above and beyond for your needs. I highly recommend this practice.

February 11th, 2014
Great doctor. I highly recommend him. One of those doctors that truly cares about his patients. He takes the time to answer questions and wants the patients to feel comfortable with the decision that they make. Thank you for all that you did for me.

February 6th, 2013
He saved the love of my life
I would recommend him highly. Time was of the essence, and he operated before the cancer had spread. Great bedside manner, too. Very good at what he does.

February 20th, 2012
He Saved My Life
I'm pretty sure the people who have rated poor scores for Dr. Lagares are the type of people that go on complaining about everything & everyone for no good reason. Dr. Lagares is such a wonderful & caring human being. I was young with no health coverage & he was so concern for me that he never charged me a dime. Thanks to him I am living a healthy long life. A lifetime wouldn't be enough to thank him for what he has done for me

April 7th, 2011
Caring and professional
i am grateful to dr. Lagares-Garcia for his life changing surgery.

March 4th, 2011
Wouldn't you want a doctor who cares?
Neither the staff nor the doctor have any regard for a person's time. Don't waste yours with this office.

July 13th, 2010
Choose another doctor
The doctor and staff have no regard for a person's time. This is not the type of doctor I want getting anywhere near me let alone a staff that doesn;t care. The wait was an hour and a half and NO ONE had the courtesy to check on me while I waited both in the waiting room and the examining room. Someone mentioned that this doctor is good at his profession, but he certainly doesn't show much care for a person's time let alone apologize for wasting it. So I found a much better doctor and staff.

February 8th, 2010
survivor
Wonderful staff, crowded in Pawtucket but not Cranston. Dr. Lagares-Garcia is THE surgeon to have operate on you. I am now cancer-free because of him. That's what matters most.

January 2nd, 2009
Dr. Lagares: A++++++!!
I had a surgery complication that necessitated colon surgery. Dr. Legares performed the surgery and did an outstanding job. He followed me all the way through, answered all my questions, and was very caring. What stands out the most for me was his warm bedside manner. He knew how to treat me like a human being, a quality that so many other physicans lack.