A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jorge Leiva:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jorge Leiva, General And Bariatirc Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Leiva
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Leiva Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jorge Leiva, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 21 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Diseases
- Colon Cancer
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Endocrine Disorders
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Diseases
- Male Circumcision
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Skin Cancer
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Leiva graduated from Universidad Autonoma De San Luis Potosi, San Luis De Potosi. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Leiva has 9 hospital affiliations:
- The Methodist Hospital
- Bayshore Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jorge I Leiva MD is a male Surgeon, has 21 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Jorge I. Leiva practice?
- Dr. Jorge Leiva has 1 office location.
Dr. Jorge Leiva practices Surgery near Cypress, TX.
See Cypress Surgeons.